"If you kill him, you'll be just like him!"

>"If you kill him, you'll be just like him!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NUcBmoTS7gg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll become not as successful or beloved as James Rolfe?

Huh

There is logic in what he says.

When was the last time this ever happened?

>Villain is Serial killer,Mass murderer,Terrorist.
>Isn't given death penalty because they act KurAzy

>"If you kill your enemies, they win!"

>bad guy kills good guy
>doesn't turn into a good guy

But...that's how it happens in you know, the real world. If you're proven insane you don't go to jail, and the death penalty is illegal either way

>If you kill him, who's to stop you from killing all the others?
>It's a slippery slope

>"I won't kill you"
>"But I don't have to save you"
>Says this before jumping off a train that's about to crash

That's why we should all kill likable people, attractive people and millionaires.

They happen very rarely. You can't just start making funny noises in court and avoid jail. You have to prove that you're too insane to know that what you're doing is wrong.

>"If you kill him, you'll be just like him!"
>"That's exactly what I want!"

>they want us to defend ourselves

Right, but the amount of genuine insane people in real life is a lot less than in comic book world where every other person is a certified lunatic canonically

which is why it's okay that funny farms are worse than prisons. it shouldnt be a defense

>that's why I don't stop at one

Don't people get traumatized when they fail to save someone? Don't they feel responsible?

>The children's cartoon show that you enjoyed as a child.
>Looking back at is as an adult
>Was pretty childish.
>Did I just BLOW YOUR MIND? When do the ladies and internet money start flowing in?

>Says this before jumping off a train that's about to crash
He could have jumped off too instead of accepting his death.

>Killing a killer keeps the same number of killers in the world.
>Well fuck, I guess I gotta kill more of them.

4 daleks

>Character Kills Villain In Self Defense with witnesses.
>Media Portrays them as a cold blooded murderer.

>Even against a villain as vile as you, I won't resort to killing.
>Good thing I know at least a half dozen people who don't have a code vs killing.

That was more hype than the season one's "half a million" bullshit. I know people love armies but nobody can actually conceive of the power behind the numbers. Anytime they hype up one thing and then use a huge number to escalate the threat it feels like bullshit. That's why Cap 3's threat worked: a fucking small team of Bucky's. Something we can actually imagine.

The Jungle Book remake. Although it doesn't stop him from doing it.

I love this because it operates under the assumption that everyone in the world would just become serial killers if they ever got just the slightest taste of blood in their mouths
It's such a retardedly, LAUGHABLY cynical viewpoint, it's absurd.
I'm actually inclined to believe the only people who believe that are, in fact, insane.

>if you kill him, you're just as bad as him!
>but I already killed 50 of his henchmen to get to him

I wonder if there's ever been a case where the hero killed the villain but mostly tried to spare the mooks.

Ant-Man movie, kinda.

Silly user. Henchmen aren't people.

>characters are lost in a forest
>they don't burn it down

Yeah that is why I hated Arrow Season 1 because he just slaughter the mooks then half the time lets the guy on the list go free or to jail. fucking kill them all you bitch.

>"No I won't. He kills because he wants to, I kill because I have to."

good way to die. forest fires are about impossible to outrun and it will encircle you quick.

wait... what if all the killers are killed by one superkiller? I think that's why having executioners are preferred to lynching

A nice twist would be the hero feeling extremely guilty and sorrowful for killing the villain, but everyone else treats him like he killed the wicked witch of the west, complete with "Ding Dong, the Witch is dead."

>Anakin kills the fallen Jedi turned Sith Lord Dooku
>becomes a fallen Jedi turned Sith Lord just like him.
Poetry

I blame Sheev.

Insane people go to jail all the time.

Literally the only reason why I hated the ending. The fact that he kills people that wasn't related at all to the conspiracy pisses me off.

To be fair, him not killing the Pope does come back to bite him in the ass.

The two novels tried explaining that Ezio "letting him live was a fate worse than death".

It's still a stupid decision considering that he murdered all those guards in cold blood while Rodrigo by all accounts seemed like he just got kicked in the balls, left unconscious and later got disowned by the international Templars. I rather like Dishonored where killing guards can make civilians, possibly family to them, go insane, poor and sick while the non-lethal assassination is literally worse than death.

Spike:"If you kill me you'll be no better than me!"

Norman:"I can live with that."

>Palpatine mortally wounds fallen Jedi turned Sith Lord Anakin/Darth Vader
>doesn't become a fallen Jedi turned Sith Lord himself

What kind of bullshit is that?

>MC refuses to kill the villain
>conveniently, the reality kills the villain for him almost immediately

Every Batman comic.

>"we are very alike you and I"
>they are nothing alike

>I won't kill you, but I won't save you from this situation I staged for your death either
>Says this before jumping of the train that's about to crash because he blew up the bridge

>"If you kill him you'll be just like him"
>Say this after they killed hundreds of minions

Does anyone remember the student (?) animated short that was based off of this?

I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. The main character repeats it multiple times as the villain keeps on obliterating planets and letting him free

Sometimes violence IS the answer but people don't like to admit it, especially to children.

Thats because children have no sense of moderation and will start beating the shit out of other kids for no reason.

Writers are far too often lacking the balls to kill when absolutely necessary so they'll write a fantasy scenario where not killing is the better outcome.

>Canadian episode

That IS a good point, but it also underestimates the intelligence of children.

Unsatisfying as fuck. I want my goddamn kill count.

I knew this cartoon was based since I was little, but I dont remember that. Must've missed it. Hope that shits' real.

your average kid is dumb because your average parent is dumb, you have to deal with your usual viewer not a smart minority one

Dad told me violence is the answer sometimes when I was 7. When 13, bullying situation gets out of hand for me, so I headbutt him into oblivion when he tried to do that "in your face" bullshit after I told him to go fuck off. Got into only 2 or so fights since then. Won both. Life immediately better after each fight, even if i did get my eye punched in both occasions.

dad was right. Too bad that shit wont fly nowadays. Defending against assholes should count for something. It's not like everyone cant see what's going on.

>No I won't. He'll be dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=NUcBmoTS7gg
not Sup Forums, but still

Are you 16 years of age?

Why even argue about this, Sup Forums? Is murder=bad really that hard of a lesson for you to learn?

Rabid dogs need to be put down.

Everyone gives Superman shit for killing Zod, but what else was he supposed to do with a madman who had made it plainly and abundantly clear that he will destroy Earth and everyone on it out of pure hate and malice and he's also exactly like Superman in terms of power and abilities?

Also Batman should have killed the Joker. It's pretty clear Gotham law is extremely corrupt and broken, that's the only reason someone with a kill list on the thousands would never get the penalty.

>having won a fight sometime in your life means you have to be 16 years of age right now

>main villain has a new plan to defeat MCs
>barely fails due to dumb luck
>doesn't EVER try again with a few tweaks

This was the first game that made me actually feel bad for mooks. The way he just kills those guys who come to arrest him at the beginning without even reacting to it, or that guard talking about his wife literally seconds before you have to kill him

>while the non-lethal assassination is literally worse than death.
Except Lady Boyle. Turns out that stalker dude becomes her personal servant/toy and she lives out the rest of her life in luxurious vacation. You see it's perfectly fine to cut out a man's tongue and confine him to his own slave mines for the rest of his life, or brand another man with the 'fuck me up please I'm guttertrash' mark on his face that makes him die cold and hungry in the streets, but letting a woman get hurt is just going too far.

The Purge that came out this year did it and I swear I turned into a reaction face jpeg right there in my seat.

>It's a "money is bad" episode

It's basically a rule in fiction that money will corrupt anybody it touches.

I still don't understand how that brand thing is supposed to work. Like, he's still the same person, and there's no record of him having been sentenced to whatever. He could easily say "yes, I cut myself shaving, weird coincidence, right?" and go back to his dayjob as military pope or whatever?

I'm sure imploding the building wasn't fatal to the bodies he punched like a bullet or whatever

>It's a money literally can't buy you happiness as is having power, freedom, and a secure future is a bad thing
>raise a generation of liberal democrats
>American dream dies

WoW
o
W

He's the leader of a group of religious fanatics and one of their rules is 'if a guy has this mark, fuck his ass up'. Religious fanatics tend to be pretty clear cut on rules like that. If it was some sort of pure military operation, then sure, they would shrug it off because there's no record of it and it was clearly done illicitly. But for the group he did run, he may as well have had "SATAN 666 I'M A FAGGOT DICKSUCKER" tattooed over his face and then tried to go back to leading the westboro baptist church.

I'm pretty sure you could get that tattooed on your face against your will and still lead the westboro baptist church.

Very specific brand. And it's right on his face. You can read their notes about it, the brand's an absolute excommunication mark for the worst enemies of the organisation. People that death would be too god for. Even Corvo didn't get branded.

Don't worry user, soon enough the pendulum will swing again and you can go back to wallowing in your own preferred brand of pigshit instead of someone elses.

>james
>relevant or successful
lol

>and there's no record of him having been sentenced to whatever

Being a group of dictatorial fanatics, I doubt they would be able to check the records. The reasons to punish important figureheads is too important to share, just be happy knowing he was punished.

Considering the Ghostbusters fiasco, I'd say he still is relevant.

The first time I came across the word "sallow," I was reading Infinite Jest. I thought, "oh, I'll probably never see this word in any other book--DFW, amirite?"

That face is the definition of sallow...

>thinks anyone on Sup Forums cares enough about Sup Forums for not to be bait

Not anymore. James is irrelevant while Ghostbusters is earning tons of dosh for Sony.