Be american

>be american
>government randomly shuts down

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/government-shutdown-faq/?utm_term=.a257cc0834a2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This happens once every few years, basically a budget wasn't agreed upon by the time the money from the old one ran out.

Yeah, you know, most countries have adult politicans who make sure that doesn't happen

>mfw I'm a federal employee and I have no idea if I'll have work Monday

>be american
>your cardiovascular system randomly shuts down

>american makes a serious informed post
>sven just wants to shitpost
please just rangeban all of europe

So what happens then?
Government stops working?

All non-essential employees don't report to work, so sort of.

Theyre shutting it down over illegals though Gösta, you just spread youre asscheeks for anyone coming

Certain parts shut down. A little under half of federal employees get furloughed.

I think you mean, humanely helping fellow human beings in urgent need of safety and peace

SHUT IT DOWN memes are real

Can anyone explain the shrugging man? CNN isn't very clear on what I'm supposed to think.

Yep we do it for a few weeks every few years

American politics work in emojis

Yolo

How does that even works?

Imagine being an unemployed journalism major and seeing these people writing for major organizations.

>Imagine being an unemployed journalism major

Can't relate.

No laws, you can do whatever you want and get away with it.

I would honestly shoot myself. I write as a hobby and most """professional""" journalism is awful on a simple technical level. People don't even bother with proper grammar anymore.

I mean unless you're in need of money you can consider it a vacation?

Non-essential employees are furloughed (unpaid time-off, essentially), essential employees work without pay.

The last time we had a government shut down was a couple centuries ago, when our King abused his powers. The King has the power to force reelections. And he had send the parliament home three times in a row, after which the parliament wouldn't approve any budget anymore.

>be Swede
>have monarch less powerful than my college RA

How do Americans feel about living in a broken political system. Do you guys think that China has government shut-downs?

He invested the entire national budget into tulips

It's not a vacation when you have no idea if you're showing up for work tomorrow, day after day. It's just annoying.

we don't feel anything.

Hmm...

Its embarrassing and annoying. At this point the GOP, Dems, and Trump have all given up on avoiding the shutdown and ate busy convincing themselves other guys will take the blame.

The last one went for almost 3 weeks. My gut says this won't be as bad.

If the government loses a majority in parliament then the parliament can send the government home.
And then the parliament declares certain subjects 'controversial', meaning no new policies will be made about it until after the reelections.
So no shut down or anything is needed.

Honestly it further inspires me towards Japanese naturalization and renouncing my USA citizenship. Every day I find something else that gives me motivation.

The Netherlands have all these weird conversations that aren't even written into constitutional law. A truly civilized country.

conventions'

>Non-essential employees are furloughed (unpaid time-off, essentially)
>essential employees work without pay.
literally zimbabwe tier.
What the fuck.

What If you're an essential employee and don't want to work for free? Can't you just go?

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Well, that's because we tend to have consensus politics. Everyone gives and takes.
The ruling parties leave some room in their budget for plans of opposition parties.
And opposition parties give the ruling parties some room to execute their plans.

If Republican hate big government so much why don't they simply shut down the government for good

There would be chaos, something chinks like you readily know of.

Almost any American, regardless of their political views, will tell you that Congress is a joke.

Frankly, I think the US is far too big and bureaucratic. I honestly think this country could stand to be broken up into smaller countries, to allow for more efficient management of each region.

Essential personnel covers people like Park Rangers. You HAVE to be at your post, regardless of whether you're getting paid.

I think what you mean is a confederacy.

Without a government the republicans wouldn't be able to funnel any more money to Saudi Arabia, Israel, military contractors and our insanely fucked up agricultural and insurance industries

criatura del diablo...

Sweden
Yes

>Repubs are majority in senate and House and have the President
>can't agree amongst themselves
>can't convince their own party members to vote for their stupid regressive laws
>somehow try to blame Democrats who are the minority in both houses

Yeah nah your country's fucked.

Your immigration laws are fucked too. If someone illegal lives in a European country for 15 years since childhood, they are automatically granted citizenship.

underrated

We cannot agree on a budget, therefore we will cut our spending drastically.
This is irresponsible.
Now, I will hold a communist system up as a model of efficiency.
I am not brain damaged.

And democrats wouldn't be able to funnel more drugs into poor neighborhoods, federal agencies that spy on people, news organizations that conceal information and brainwash people, social security paychecks, illegal immigration, going against american interests, and turning the environment into shit more than republicans do.

>You HAVE to be at your post, regardless of whether you're getting paid.
that's slavery

Nah, a confederation wouldn't work. The Articles of Confederation were discarded for good reason.

I feel the only way is to just break the US up into smaller nations.

>I honestly think this country could stand to be broken up into smaller countries, to allow for more efficient management of each region.
We have that. They're called states, and the 10th amendment is supposed to protect them

Americans know a thing or two about slavery.

That would be even worse, idiot. Every state would have to use a different currency and have its own military.

>And democrats wouldn't be able to funnel more drugs into poor neighborhoods, federal agencies that spy on people, news organizations that conceal information and brainwash people, social security paychecks, illegal immigration, going against american interests, and turning the environment into shit more than republicans do.

I mean both, sorry Ivan.

>funnel more drugs into poor neighborhoods
But the head of the CIA is republican?

>be american
>get shut

The CIA also fucked with West Germany in the 70s. Fuck off.

This isn't even pretending to not be politics related.

There is a thing called currency union in both Europe and Africa
And there are also things like NATO

>Ronald Reagan orders crack to be sent to black neighbourhoods
>it was the democrats cletus!!

I was going suggest that they might just copy the Eurozone, but then you'd just eventually end up in the equivalent of the EU, and why even break up the US if you're just going to do that.

Truly, there is no escape from this hell.

>Dem signed PATRIOT act

>And democrats wouldn't be able to funnel more drugs into poor neighborhoods, federal agencies that spy on people, news organizations that conceal information and brainwash people, social security paychecks, illegal immigration, going against american interests, and turning the environment into shit more than republicans do.

das abomination...

It would still be retarded nonetheless to divide the UNITED S.T.A.T.E.S. into different C-O-U-N-T-R-I-E-S.
>republicans fuck up poor and non-white neighborhoods
>democrats just give them all welfare and social security
We're truly fucked then.
>signed by a republican

>be australian
>be a slut

>That would be even worse, idiot. Every state would have to use a different currency and have its own military.

Diff guy, but not necessarily. Free trade/economic zones are a thing. Each 'state' would be sovereign, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have a shared currency (ex European Union) or a cooperative military (Australia + New Zealand)

> be a swede
> be a swede

fuck me daddy

Swedish meatballs...

Isn't the founding priciple of the US military that it's supposed to be based on state militias? How would that be any different then. I guess you might also want to share a navy or so.

The US tried sticking with state militias, and drawing from them for national defense when needed.

But the War of 1812 showed that having a federal, standing army was better.

No the Dems are funneling money to china and Saudi Arabia and Africa. Who the chinese funnel money back into clinton campaigns.

A collection of independent states that are united under a central body that manages their shared currency and army perhaps? The united states of America perhaps?

my balls are meatier than yours

Nah

to be completely fair they need 60 votes out of 100 to pass a short-term spending bill, while only 51 senators are Republican

Galactic brain: make a bill that can get nine democrats + all the moderates in your party, do your fucking job

Fed employees got back pay after the shutdown.
So, unless you live paycheck to paycheck. I think it is a vacation.

The shutdown won't last that long anyway. Give it a week.

Bullshit. Employees are paid for their work after the government is refunded.

What job?
Every important job will still have to work

This is wrong you retard

that doesn't mean shit, ahmed. chink tourists at yellowstone are the only ones affected lmao

>Excepted employees are to continue reporting for work as normal during a shutdown, though for the meantime they would not be paid for that time. Because agencies are required to pay for services performed, those employees are guaranteed to be paid after Congress passes — and the president signs — a new appropriation or continuing resolution. Exactly when they would be paid would depend on the timing of the new spending authority and the payroll cycle the agency uses.

You are getting paid. But you are getting back pay after a spending bill is agreed.
washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/government-shutdown-faq/?utm_term=.a257cc0834a2

Parks are open this time around

>implying
Another one of the great american memes.
The CIA funneling drugs to black neighborhoods.

same deal as a nuclear strike
you can have sex with your sister.

what's the difference this time? i was there a week before in 2013 so got lucky back then. it is off season anyway.

>Randomly

Fuck you

>you can have sex with your sister.
cringy

what if you get kicked out of your fucking house by some kike landlord for not paying the bills?
Are you supposed to starve?

Hopefully.

btw we are giving away some AH-1W's, are you interested?

Just turn it back on

Literally nothing happens aside from skinnies not being able to get their handouts.

>AH-1W
our gubmint was more interested in getting the package deal on super hueys and vipers but it probably went to take a shit in the woods though

They're just deciding to keep them open this time even though they'll be unstaffed.

Shutdowns don't last more than a month, if they did I would imagine congress would do something get salaries going.

So our house, senate and the president are all republican yet they still can't agree on anything? I thought Drumpft was supposed to make America great again.