Just saw this. This is straight up Muslim propaganda

Just saw this. This is straight up Muslim propaganda.

Why did many people get inspiration from this?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0142032/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who exactly got inspired by this?

it's science fiction dumbass, i've read the damn books and I don't see anything about islam in them

How is it Muslim propaganda?

It's anti-totalitarian if anything, showing what horrors come to be if you put absolute power in an individual, the whole "God-Emperor Jihading hundreds of billions of people" is Muslim propaganda?

Stop fucking every universe up with your "haha BREHS this is like totally muslims vs us lmao".
No, the elder scrolls is not about muslims, neither is lord of the rings, neither is star wars.
Escapism is there to escape, mainly from the shit of the world.
Your words and comparisons are like pure cancer being spilled into the well of fantasy

>not reading the books
fucking pleb, the second book is basically Paul having a depression along the lines "I didn't meant Jihad that way" and the third one is the Femen becoming normies and forgetting their culture except those living in tiny reservoirs without worms begging for tourist money

>Why did many people get inspiration from this?
Because they are not fucking secondaries

>i've read the damn books and I don't see anything about islam in them
>Dune

Nigga wut.

The whole thing felt like Lawrence of Arabia in Flash Gordon setting.

Desert planet holding important resource is controlled by Muad'Dib who uses the Word of God to bring peace to the land after many wars.
Plus women in full robes and muslim buildings.

star wars, robot chicken, fatboy slim, etc...

>Paul wages Djihad
>No islam guys

I like the books but come on

So which faction are the Muslims? We know who the Jews are.

OP we had a Dune thread this morning.

I'm not in the mood.

Arrkanis for sure.

Well the Fremen literally follow a religion descended from Sunni Islam and Zen Buddhism. I don't remember if the movie got into that though.

You God damned fool, its about how green Berets infiltrate and train. Its Anti-Muslim.

In addition, middle eastern women who wear hijabs are known to possess psychic abilities.

I studied Farsi in college, for a little bit for shits.

>forgetting Buddhislam

nah. the only thing related is how a hot desert sun can cook your brain so you accept messianic figures (and think you are one), only in SF/Fantasy, it's all real instead of make-believe.

>The whole thing felt like Lawrence of Arabia in Flash Gordon setting.

Fucking this, OP is a faggot

Inspired me to try to learn how to blow shit up with my mind.

If anything bene tleilax is the literal actual muzzies.

But I admit, a prophet leading sand people on a galactic jihad against fading empire/empires is generally straight from the mohhamed biography.

On the other hand the books themselves do have strong anti religious vibe.

All in all I've enjoyed them very much.

Well like the others have said, I haven't read it, but the movie was decent.
Had a lot of those "So that's where it's from" moments in it, like Flash Gordon's 80's style from it, alien bosses from half life/dark souls frampt as spiced up human blob, and Fat boy slim's cristopher walkin song about walking without rhythm .

But like I said, them movie was space lawrence of arabia but less gay

Dune was prophetic as fuck

It's Muslim Jihadis versus Jewish Illuminati Matriarchy versus Space Wizards who bend reality by drawing upon the Spice Magic

>saw

Have you not read the book?

its a fucking good movie

shame they didnt let david bowie do everything naked as he wanted.

Really old books, nothing to do with the religion of piss.

Read the books you dumbass.

The fremen go on a galaxy wide jihad and kill sixty billion people

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Great book. But it is not a propaganda, go to /x/

Book blows the movie out of the water, especially with regards to Fremen.

It was published in 1965, when the general western public didn't really know anything about Islam and the east, except lolcrusaders, camels and overdressed girls, not to mention Buddhism, or Yoga. It was literally "throw these edgy eastern religious concepts into the pot and make a future religion for a future empire" and "dude, spice LOL".

It's a great book, but is certainly a product of its time.

Because spice= black gold+ ability to become god emperor.

>movie was decent
>literally voice overs for a character's internal monologue
Bad adaptation, worse movie.

>ywn see Jodorowski's Dune
Why even live m8s

didn't know that muslim propaganda was to say that whites should rule over them, cause thats what it would be saying if you got it from dune . Yes frank herbet drawed inspiration from people living in the middle east for his book

test

>Lord of the Rings

Kinda about fighting Muslims

One of the best mantras i've ever heard one of the best books i read when i was in high school

if you read all the books its pretty anti islam.

>entire Fremen religion planted by the Bene-Gessirit to use them as a tool
>muslim propaganda

Herbert had a fascination with the Islamic Golden Age, that's true, and it influenced his set&setting. But you're just no paying enough attention.

Not Muslims per say but Turks/Ottoman Empire. Remember Tolkien at the time was in WW1 so it was less about general muslims and more about the turks.

the bene tleilaxu. yes the fremen's savior is called the madhi but that was by the design of the bene gesserit's missionaria protectiva. those legends only implanted on the most backwards of planets where a bene gesserit needs to take full control.

Some of us are motivated to move with the film, as opposed to against it, Trumpfag

I must not fear, fear is the mind killer
MUAD'DIB
YOUR NAME IS A KILLING WORD

THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!!!

The Spice is DMT

ooopen ur eyes gooby

I liked Lynch's Dune even though it wasn't canon

Islam is super strict monoteism.

There is no monotheism in Dune.

Hated the part where Dobby dies. I cried like a bitch.

He uses the rise of Islam as a storytelling vehicle for some of his material but Frank Herbet is red pilled as fuck
Read all the books, they are full of quotes shredding the left
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty."
"The people I distrust most are those who want to improve our lives but have only one course of action."

One of the recurring themes of the series is that religion is a shill used to control the masses. I know that didn't come across much in the movie, but I'm still not sure how you came away thinking it was muslim propaganda just because of some of the lingo.

this

How is he supposed to fight effectively when his hat is obviously going to wobble around so much?

4/5
>what is oil crisis
islam was none issue back then, they were just called arabs

I spent much of my late teens to early twenties thinking I was a failed Kwisatz Haderach. Turned out I was really a twisted mentat.

“Right from the first, the little people who formed the governments which promised to equalize the social burdens found themselves suddenly in the hands of bureaucratic aristocracies. Of course, all bureaucracies follow this pattern, but what a hypocrisy to find this even under a communized banner. Ahhh, well, if patterns teach me anything it’s that patterns are repeated.”

its about a young white man who uses religious myth to install himself at the top of a tribal society and uses them to take over the imperial government. these Fremen just happen to be sunni muslims who also have aspects of zen buddishm in their faith

His name being a 'killing word' is an allegory of how religion is used to justify sin.

Paul would later give up on giving direct orders to people, because they'd just twist his words to what suited them. So even if a God did exist and he actively took part in his creation, man would invent his own ideas

>Being so shallow that you can't see the heavy anti authoritarianism undertones below the islamic terms.

Dude, the whole story is about how even Paul muad'dib with his messiah like prophecy and supernatural powers can't prevent the tragedies of the future. No matter how much he wants to. We can't control everything in the grand scheme of things and therefore should only strive to change the things we can and acccept the ones we can't

I've spent about that much time trying to get my hair to look like Kyle Mclaughlin's.

Sounds like a reverse Evangelion

Paul is the equivalent of Muhammad, he is a warrior prophet that leads a galactic Jihad.
It is basically Islam in space.

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."

^That quote always stuck with me.

was also the Butlerian Jihad, started by the house that would later become Harkonnen. the rebellion against thinking machines

Paul is a foreign nobel who manipulates the religion of a bunch of ignorant sand-people to take out personal revenge of his political enemies.

great books (until his dumbfuck kid took over), bad movie.

deep down you know jodorowskys dune would have been fucking terrible and even worse than lynchs.

it might have been good or at least interesting as its own thing (and still would be interesting regardless) but it wouldn't have been "dune" or anything even close to it. and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind heavily modified adaptations.. after all, its gotta play.

just stick to imagining it in your head, the version we would have got would have been pure clusterfuck tier.

The whole point of the book(s) was that galactic culture had stagnated culturally to dangerous levels. A prescient warrior saw an extinction disaster looming, and created a stultifying bullshit religion in order to put such a burden of authoritarianism on humanity that they would rebel, and break out of this downward spiral. If anything, it's a condemnation of Islamic expansionist/totalitarian philosophy. The Fremen are just tools for a job.
Read all the books and you will discover the Bene Gesserit are the real heroes.
The film was shit, btw. You can't compress such a rich, epic historical/political fantasy into a 2 hour film and get away with it. The TV series is closer to the books (but not by much)
imdb.com/title/tt0142032/

moot created Sup Forums to train the Faithful. Who are we to question the will of moot?

Hail the God Empress.

>warrier prophet

He doesn't want to be.

>leads a galactic jihad

Because he can't stop it and he knows it. He spends the first book lamenting the jihad and the second having to live with its consequences.

Then it turned out he had actually picked what he saw as the lesser of two evils, and his son walked the Golden Path instead of him.

I bet you hate women too user

the Tleilaxians got it right. reduced females to portable wombs. Let it be a warning

i can fap to this

neckbeards in the 80's

Dune is indeed pro-Islam; Herbert saw Islam as a religion of warrior savages, well suited to the dignified but violent life of desert tribes. This is why it's in the book. Their desert warrior religion contrasts them with the materialistic and decadent Harkonens and the Padishah, and gives them an advantage (he even talks about the Fremen using suicide soldiers)

Paul is a European aristocrat; it takes his superior breeding, education, culture, military training and noble spirit to lead the savage "Islamic" Fremen to make history and conquer the Galaxy.

This is just 1% of the deeply based right wing messages in Dune. Herbert's vision of how the galactic aristocracy works is amazing; it shows how authoritarianism and feudalism can produce the best leadership given the right people (the Atreides) or the worst given the wrong people (Harkonens)

The whole spiritual philosophy of Dune is also totally right wing (and mystical). It is absolutely opposed to "equality"; Paul isn't even considered a human until he passes the test of the Gom Jabbar.

muslims werent constantly blwoing white people up back then

Also, keep in mind, Herbert was modeling the Islam of the Fremen on pre-1960s traditional Sunni Islam. At that time Islam was in many places a more traditional folk religion with many local cultural practices and myths mixed in, rather than the uniform, militant, expansionist Saudi-funded modern day Salafi Islam we're so familiar with (that's right, in many places Islam got EVEN MORE strict and shitty as the 20th century went on)

Paul is a prophet, he can predict the multiple possible futures and access to a superior form of consciousness when he consumes spice, making him basically omniscient (you can make an analogy with the visions of Muhammad given by the angels).
There whole vocabulary of the universe is inspired from arab too.
To finish there is the fact that, like stated in the book, Paul became more than the Kwisatz Haderach.

You can argue that Paul has similarities with Gengis Khan too but the central inspiration for Arrakis remains the Middle East.

There are common points between the spice and oil too (both are required to travel between places, both are concentrated in an hostile places, both are a major stake for factions).

Can we all agree that House Harkonen represents the Galactic Jew?

Known for cowardice. Obsessed with riches and decadence. Seeking to influence House Corino and the CHOAM Corporation. Committing war crimes against the Fremen and stealing their land. Completely amoral, dealing with the depraved sciences of the Tleilaxu and Ix. Selling secrets and betraying left and right.

Dune prepared me to receive the red pill later in life.

the harkonnens were originally descendant of the russians. which back in Herbert's day was the USSR. so you're not off

It is straight-up sci-fi propaganda. Where do you see Islam in Dune?
inb4 you say "key man worship", you have the same thing with Washington, JFK, Trump, etc.

Yes, and these are key to the Arab tribal culture, not Islam.

Jihad means "holy war" - so the Crusades were jihad, for example. It isn't limited to Islam, it is just an Arab word.

They are a mix of jews today and patricians in the late roman Republic.

No, it isn't. It is more like fighting Nazis & Hitler.

>Film scholar Robin Wood called Dune "the most obscenely homophobic film I have ever seen",–referring to a scene in which Baron Harkonnen sexually assaults and kills a young man by bleeding him to death–charging it with "managing to associate with homosexuality in a single scene physical grossness, moral depravity, violence and disease." Gay writer Dennis Altman suggested that the film showed how "AIDS references began penetrating popular culture" in the 1980s, asking, "Was it just an accident that in the film Dune the homosexual villain had suppurating sores on his face?"

Did these fuckers even know it was based on a book? Fucking mentally ill queers I swear.

Also Dune is based, and it's anti-Muslim in a lot of ways. It isn't saying "Islam" is a religion of peace, it's saying that it isn't and the ideal world is one where it would be. Paul doesn't want the mudshits to jihad the universe, he sees it as the absolute worst outcome especially since they do it under his name.

Ha! They are taught "wobble-fu".

Dune is fantasy not science fiction

Also, the Fremen are fearsome warriors, easily able to take on Sardaukar (the equivalent of Delta Force or the SAS), Whereas mudshits are, well...

The religions in the book are a mish mash of Catholicism taoism islam and others. I think the author was trying to portray a world that free thinking counterculture hippies could smoke weed and think is some enlightened spirituality. Maybe it's just a parody on how religions change over time? Maybe it's a warning that religions will always exist regardless of whether we can fold spacetime through the use of drugs found on other planets.

>Whereas mudshits are, well...
able to kick out the US army of Afghanistan and Iraq?

Y'all got anymore of that spice?

Actually we raped them easily during the invasion. It was the whole occupation thing that didn't go so well. Hearts and minds, and all that. Also rules of engagement. Just wait until Trump is POTUS and we level Raqqa in one evening.

>muh sixty gorillion

Hello Achmed! Keep dreaming your fantasies. The US left those countries because they were ungovernable and costing too much + objective achieved (whateverthehellthatwas) and therefore of no further strategic value.
Your "Warriors4Allah" have a long standing reputation for only being able to beat up unarmed and defenceless people (as befits a religion that relies on terrorizing feeble-willed herdbeasts to ensure it's survival). By annoying real warriors, you have sealed your fate. This will take time because there are so many of you. But it will be worth it once we've culled all that cowardice and stupidity from the gene pool.

...and invite a stream of university-educated terrorists eager to reenact 9/11, rather than current roster of retarded goatfuckers content with the equivalent of lighting a couple dumpsters on fire for Allah.

Look at Chechen War, where we completely annihilated wannabe independents (CIA-sponsored btw), and the now-homeless population retaliated by blowing up our airliners, massacring schools and theaters and capturing whole towns.

Sure, you are pretty isolated, but there is enough people in your government and TSA willing to let some shady characters in for a bit of cash.

I suppose we used to call Afghan the 'graveyard of empires' ironically then?

Ungovernable=/=unbeatable.
Go read Kipling. The problem with Afghanistan wasn't some raggedy bearded subhuman in a cave. It was other world class players getting involved.
Fact is, without backing the ragheads would have had their shit shoved in long ago.
Saurkraut-momo is just pissed that his fabulous mono-fascism is just a pile of lies and fantasy posturing.

The only inspiration anyone got out of that trainwreck is to loop some string around their airpipe.

The book was redpilled as fuck

Because it's also eugenics propaganda.

Also don't forget the muslims in the story were ineffective in groups larger than a family unit until a civilized guy from planet Britain took them over.

The Gooby has awaken

our forces could move with impunity through afghan territory, we told their leaders what to do, etc

just because an insurgency exists does not mean they are not conquered

>le WW1 analogy
Tolkien already told you faggots to fuck off

Herbert's point is that you shouldn't follow prophets and messiahs.

The problem with Dune is that the first book is just supposed to be an extended preface - the 'point' is actually Dune Messiah (the "oh shit, what a mess" book).

The crucial detail missing from the film is that the Bene Gesserit have a division called the "missionaria protectiva" who implant certain religious memes and prophecies that Bene Gesserit can exploit.

So when Paul goes to Arrakis, they think the prophecy is fulfilled and he and his mother know what to do to make the Fremen think they are the people of the prophecy when they go into the desert.

But reader knows the fulfilment of prophecy is worthless. Paul's struggle is that he himself starts to believe it.

All that said, it does look a bit "Bin Laden: The movie" now.

Prince of Great House (House of Saud) goes into the desert.

Hooks up with guerilla desert fighters and coreligionists waging a war over [substance needed for travel].

Unthinkable act of mass destruction [atomics in the book]

The Harkonnens are clearly Americans given their degeneracy level.

House Corino, the Padishah Emperor of a failing Empire with their elite levies from other, harsher worlds?

That doesn't remind me of anyone (muh Gurkha Rifles).

But again it just goes back to Herbert's themes, the memes just keep coming round because that is how the manipulation always works.

I BEQUEATH TO YOU MY FEAR AND LONELINESS. TO YOU I GIVE THE CERTAINTY THAT THE BODY AND SOUL OF THE BENE GESSERIT WILL MEET THE SAME FATE AS ALL OTHER BODIES AND ALL OTHER SOULS.

WHAT IS SURVIVAL IF YOU DO NOT SURVIVE WHOLE? ASK THE BENE TLEILAX THAT! WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE? MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!

WHY DID YOUR SISTERHOOD NOT BUILD THE GOLDEN PATH? YOU KNEW THE NECESSITY.YOUR FAILURE CONDEMNED ME, THE GOD EMPEROR, TO MILLENNIA OF PERSONAL DESPAIR.

MY WORDS ARE YOUR PAST,

MY QUESTIONS ARE SIMPLE:

WITH WHOM DO YOU ALLY?

'WITH THE SELF-IDOLATORS OF TLEILAX?

WITH MY FISH SPEAKER BUREAUCRACY?

WITH THE COSMOS-WANDERING GUILD?

'WITH HARKONNEN BLOOD SACRIFICERS?

WITH A DOGMATIC SINK OF YOUR OWN CREATION?

HOW WILL YOU MEET YOUR END?

AS NO MORE THAN A SECRET SOCIETY?"

Except Herbert actually intended Dune to be a stand alone, not the start of a series. He only wrote the sequels because people demanded them.

The real point of Dune was an exploration of the concept of human evolution as an ongoing process and the impact that evolution has on the sclerotic social structures most human societies tend to develop over time. Paul's struggle isn't that he starts to believe the prophecies which the Bene Gesserit taught people as a form of social control, it was his reluctance to accept that he was infact the unplanned fulfillment of those prophecies.

>Except Herbert actually intended Dune to be a stand alone, not the start of a series. He only wrote the sequels because people demanded them.

Well the whole thing was serialised but Dune Messiah wasn't supposed to be a different book.

I think what you say is wrong, he was actually more interested in how the environment shapes people. This is true of the Fremen but also in the "secret" of where the Sardaukar come from. His interests were more in the ecology area.

I don't think he was doing his end of the roman empire thing.

Paul's problem is that to survive he invokes the prophecy knowing where its going to go. He keeps trying to break out of it but its bigger than he is.