FRANK CHO LEAVES DC OVER COVER CENSORS

Frank Cho was drawing Hulk, the only sexy comic Marvel comics is still putting out, until recently, when he switched to DC.

Greg Rucka wrote many amazing comics, including Gotham Central, but he may be sipping on the SJW kool aid. Still, it's his book, and his thoughts on the matter should carry some weight.

>Artist Frank Cho Leaves DC Comics, Attacks Censorship Of Wonder Woman Covers

breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/15/artist-frank-cho-leaves-dc-comics-censorship-wonder-woman-covers/

archive.is/ondZH

>After facing criticism and alleged censorship for revealing “too much skin” on his drawing of superhero Wonder Woman, artist Frank Cho has left DC Comics.

>DC Comics commissioned Frank Cho, along with other notable comic book artists, to design variant covers for their comic series.

>Wonder Woman writer Greg Rucka allegedly took issue with Cho’s rendition of the original cover.

>“All the problem lies with Greg Rucka,” Cho told Bleeding Cool. “EVERYONE loves my Wonder Woman covers and wants me to stay. Greg Rucka is the ONLY one who has any problem with covers. Greg Rucka has been trying to alter and censor my artwork since day one.”

>“Greg Rucka thought my Wonder Woman #3 cover was vulgar and showed too much skin, and has been spearheading censorship, which is baffling since my Wonder Woman image is on model and shows the same amount of skin as the interior art, and it’s a VARIANT COVER and he should have no editorial control over it. (But he does. WTF?!!!)”

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsalliance.com/greg-rucka-wondercon-panel-dc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>“I tried to play nice, not rock the boat and do my best on the covers, but Greg’s weird political agenda against me and my art has made that job impossible,” said Cho. “Wonder Woman was the ONLY reason I came over to DC Comics.”

>Cho had some kind words to say about the rest of his team.

>“To DC’s credit, especially [Art Director] Mark Chiarello, they have been very accommodating. But they are caught between a rock and a hard place.”

>“I just wanted to be left alone and do my Wonder Woman variant covers in peace,” Cho explained. “But Greg Rucka is in a hostile power trip and causing unnecessary friction over variant covers.”

>Rucka has written for Action Comics and Batwoman, among others. In 2010, Rucka received an Outstanding Comic Book Media Award from the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) for Detective Comics.

….

>If conservative white people are upset by NIGHTHAWK thus far, wait until they see #3, in store next week.

>PIC RELATED, THE ORIGINAL. GUESS WHAT TRIGGERED RUCKA

Slowpoke.jpg

Also Cho didn't leave DC. He's working on Trinity covers instead now. Shit article.

how many threads does this need

It's a fucking huge deal user.

God, how many threads indeed?

We get it already. Enough

DC DO remember what happened last time writers were given editorial control right?

>>If conservative white people are upset by NIGHTHAWK thus far, wait until they see #3, in store next week.
What the fuck

>Breitbart in charge of accurate reporting
RIP news, one of the first casualties of the culture wars

Conservative white people don't read comics.
He's an idiot.

Cho didn't leave DC and this is old as fuck news. Are we this desperate for gossip right now? When was it that the personnel lives and behind the scenes drama of the big 2 become more entertaining than the comics themselves?

He's probably going to beat up some white people who are against BLM or some shit. I'm so tired Sup Forums

That would be fucking stupid and unlikely, but people wonder why the real fans have just stopped caring about comics anymore.

Its really just all over in a way. The orginal characters and universe full of the wonder and interesting shit we don't see in real life have been replaced by ethnic quotas and pale imitations of what they once were all in a world that is trying to sell a political message.

>That would be fucking stupid and unlikely

Well you got stupid right

There's nowhere to go either. All the indie publishers are even worse.

That would require conservative white people to read nighthawk.

Or fucking anyone to read nighthawk.

comicsalliance.com/greg-rucka-wondercon-panel-dc/ heres one
>I female-identify, and I always have since I was very young. I am not transgendered; I’m not looking for gender reassignment. I clearly have more testosterone flowing through me than most men need, and you can tell just by looking at me. I’m comfortable with my maleness, but for whatever reason the way I’m wired, I have always female-identified.
>I tend to see – socially, I don’t tend to be myself in a male role. I don’t know any other way to put it. Now that being a separate issue, because that’s not an issue of writing, that is an issue of identity… And I think people, we identify however we identify. I’m a Caucasian American Jew. These are all things that make up who I am. That goes to the second half of the question, which is — I believe, for me, all writing comes from character. Character is made up of a variety of different things. One of those elements is gender. We live in a gendered society, and all you have to do is ask any woman here what her experience walking down a empty street at 3 in the morning is like, and then ask any guy. And you’re gonna get different responses. There’s a different implicit threat. That’s a societal problem.
>>As a storyteller the goal is to entertain and tell a story, but I believe in art. And I believe that when you are creating stories you are an artist and there are responsibilities with that. And you can try to ignore them all you like, but the fact of the matter is if you are putting out work into the world, you are providing a view of the world. And offering an interpretation of the world no matter how fictitious it is. And for a work to not respect the diversity of the world is problematic. Because we live in a very diverse world. And therefore one of the writers jobs is to grants respect to those experiences. If you do not know something you should find out enough to write it.

Cho is a 13 year old edgelord in an adult's body. His wife left him cause he was insufferable. He makes creepy comments to other female creators. Terry and Rachael Dodson do what he does, except they can also draw normal people too. Nothing of value was lost.

God, Frank Cho's Wondy is amazing

That "man's" head is so far up his own ass that he is probably enjoying the experience.

It must be a living Hell to hold regressive left values today and be a white male. Can you imagine the sheer intensity of self-hatred?

Someone crosspost this to Sup Forums please

I want to see the butthurt

>I female-identify
Yeah sure ok
>I am not transgendered
BUT YOU JUST FUCKING SAID YOU WERE

Frank Cho sounds like the artist version of JMS.

Whiny prima donna that can dish it out, but can't take it.

How many fucking threads do we need about this shit?

Sup Forums is like a broken record sometimes.

Can't take what user? A writer going on a power trip and trying to micromanage his work?

Picasso was insufferable too
>comparing Picasso to Cho
The point is you should divorce the artist from the work cause at the end of the day that's all that will remain.

>The point is you should divorce the artist from the work cause at the end of the day that's all that will remain.

That goes for Rucka as well, though.

Not that it matters, Sup Forums will Big Brother itself into "Greg Rucka was always bad and if you like any of his work you're a SJW cuck" within the week.

Lot of comic creators are assholes user, like Greg Rucka for example. I heard he needlessly edits other people's work to try and drive them off.

If only Sup Forums could do that.

As soon as Sup Forums finds out a writer is a SJW on twitter, he's suddenly a complete hack who never wrote anything good in his entire career.

well I do find it kind of hard to take him serious as feminist writer now.
>I need to protect my wonder waifu from the big bad cheesecake
Prudery is the antithesis of female empowerment.

Superman was punching the KKK in the 1940s. That's always been in season.

>Prudery is the antithesis of female empowerment.

I don't think anyone who's read Queen and Country or Lazarus could think of Rucka as a prude.

One incident like this doesn't somehow invalidate someone's entire run of work. I don't think Sup Forums understand how human emotions work, you can have complex feelings about something. People aren't robots where the dial is turned 100% one way or the other, despite what the Internet might make you think.

I'm not a mind-reader, I have n idea what Rucka was thinking or what even happened. I don't understand why the rest of the Internet can't take that world-view either instead of trying to Columbo some kind of sinister agenda out of nothing.

>ALL HAIL STEPHEN, KING OF THE LESBIANS!

OP is just shitposting. No reason to use a link that doesn't even accurately describe the situation.

Two creators had a disagreement of vision, one was moved to a different book. Both of them are happy now and nothing matters.

And suddenly there are glaring clues in their books with clear pandering everywhere.

He's not anti-cheesecake. Scott just drew WW naked in the last issue. Sharp's issues are literally nothing but seductive pouts and poses.

What happened?

Then what was his problem with Cho's covers then?

Need to update the big encyclopedia of gender and social identities. I'm guessing X-identify is for those lean towards the opposite gender, don't have the resources or interest in transitioning, but still want the internet cred it entails.

>not anti-cheesecake
But he is, got Adam Huges kicked off Wonder Woman covers for the exact same thing he did this.

Who knows? Rucka hasn't responded.

But we're allowed to say we don't know something on the Internet. It's okay user.

He probably just didn't like the bottom of the leotard sticking out. Not because it's sexual but because it's ugly.

Cho is still right to be upset that his art was criticized, but it's some crusade against sexy WW. I don't know how anyone could think that if they've actually read the book.

I'm not necessarily calling him a prude but I am calling him out on his feminist cred. He writes female character but he writes them in a such an overbearing masculine way that always seems to suggest that being masculine is the only way to be empowered.

> He writes female character but he writes them in a such an overbearing masculine way that always seems to suggest that being masculine is the only way to be empowered.

None of them are role models. He's not writing them as "good people" with maybe the exception of Montoya, the rest are damaged husks of human beings.

>Rucka hasn't responded
But we already know that he had problems with the covers because they were too vulgar.

If he's anti-cheesecake why does he he write in cheesecake?

Why not make the logical conclusion that it's execution he criticizes and not content?

I didn't say they have to be role models but when the only you can write strong female characters is too have them to ape masculine behavior and you get lauded as a feminist then I call bullshit.

Yeah but he was also slapping Japs

>the execution
Of what? What technical fault did he found with Adam Hughes and Frank cho?

Cause that's not a logical conclusion.

You very fucking stupid.

The entire "men with tits" argument is still idiotic, especially in comic books. Should they be knitting or buying shoes in-between shooting guys in the face?

And 95% of fiction's ideas of "feminine" tropes that aren't pure surface-level are motherhood tropes and iconography. If you don't explore that you're basically left with putting in some version of "women be shoppin'" or being criticised for making them too masculine.

>censorship
UUUHHHHHHH
IT'S LOCALIZATION

Because he isn't objective when it comes to his own work? Like he could rationalize that his treatment of wonder woman is different from Cho's. He's not a fucking robot, he doesn't run of pure logic you autistic fuck.

The fact you only think feminine behavior is shopping and motherhood is misogynistic as fuck.

>men with tits argument is idiotic
It's the very reason why Marston created Wonder woman. He didn't want little girls to think that being Strong=being a man.

>misogynistic

In fiction? Absolutely.

Every single strong female character that the Internet like in fiction has some kind of strong motherhood undercurrent to their character.

Don't blame me for the tropes the world has decided on.

It's certainly more logical than pretending he's being anti-cheesecake when he allows the other artists to draw her like they have.

That still doesn't make him someone against cheesecake. It means that he thinks his rendition of sexy WW is better than theirs. Suggesting that he's against her looking sexy at all is just obviously false. It's not a matter of "there should be no sexual content in this WW book" like some are painting it.

Well there is also bitching about other women behind their backs I suppose

And because he was a fucking pervert

Okay, how many threads do we really need about this? Especially when it always regresses into Cho's fanboys crying about feminism.

>every single
Stop generalizing.

The world could use more men like him and Kamitani.

>being ashamed of your own sexuality
Marston was in a polyamoric relationship, he doesn't give a fuck about your prude sexual hangups.

I'm not sure if both of them are happy. Both of them are working on shit that seems to suit them, and I guess that's good enough..

Because there's nothing about the execution to lead to that conclusion. It seems at least as likely that it's some sort of political beef or personal issues than with anything with the work.

What also seems like a possibility is that he's got very strong hangups something sex related, and he takes it out on the artists.

I bet it will last until the next OUTRAGE. So, about 3 weeks?

Well if he isn't anti-cheesecake then I guess he's just a dick on a power trip.

I'm waiting for Rucka to flip his lid when Frison submits something like pic related.

I never understood the image because O'connor's excuse makes sense. What's more distracting than a naked woman?

A naked man

>It seems at least as likely that it's some sort of political beef or personal issues than with anything with the work.

I would actually agree with this as a possibility. It really doesn't seem like an actual content concern.

Worth mentioning Horn was on the BN WW covers, or nah?

?

Nighthawk is a racist against white people though, he's so anti white that it even bothers other black people.

What's more distracting than a naked man?

The weird thing to me is that say in the case of Robbie flipping out about the manara covers, even if I think Robbie is a one legged bitch, I at least understand what he's pissed about.

For the cho cover I really don't see it. If it were something simple or something ideological, I would think rucka would fly that political flag proudly, as he's done in the past.

It's a mystery. Feels like CWC freaking out about blue arms or something.

Oh well. One things' for sure. Succeed or fail, all this is on Rucka now. Can't blame editorial for any problems on this run.

Rucka has a fetish for lesbians. Almost every female character that he wrotte for DC got turned into a lesbian l, disregarding previous characterization, like Montoya and Batwoman. His "female indetify" is just a ruse or he trying to rationalize his fetish with SJWs beliefs.

WW is his waifu that he has an obssession. He is very protecting of her, and if something is not like his vision he throw a REEEEEE tantrum, cheesecake is fine as long as it is on HIS terms and has a lot of lesbians in it or characters to be turned into lesbians.

I guess if anything it is kind of an awkward pose with her other arm just kind of aimlessly hanging there. Cropping doesn't really fix it though, it would have to be redrawn completely.

Cho has no problem drawing lesbians though. Perhaps there's something about Cho's lesbians that drive him nuts?

Eh, Kate Kane was a Kathy Kane-inspired OC with the lesbian aspect demanded by DC, considering that was part of her character when Devin Grayson was assigned to write her before she was "fired" and they handed the character off to Rucka.

The lesbian shitposter is in every one one of these threads, just ignore him.

I really don't see what you're talking about.

You aren't transgenered until you get surgery. This is basic information, anonymous.

I can't tell a difference...what triggered him?

Does she not usually block with both arms? If the other arm isn't blocking shouldn't she reach for her lasso or something? Honestly I'm not even sure why she's lunging to protect literally nothing but I suppose that's a secondary concern.

Was it Polyamoric?

Was it really?

Marston lived with wife and their live in maid/sex slave...

>it's okay when a female artist draws a sexualized character
see Babs Tarr's variant cover for Nightwing Rebirth #1

The tiny peek of her lower swimsuit under her skirt. I can't call it "underwear" because that's not what it is.

>KKK in the 1940s
read up on history those are all democrats

>The point is you should divorce the artist from the work

No you shouldn't. How do you divorce his blue period for example from his mental depression or Van Gogh's mental illness from his work. Or Leonard being the Renaissance Man from the Mona Lisa.

>was it really
Yeah

No with Dick it's only ok if he's in a capeshit costume. Otherwise it's NOT MUH and they don't like it.

Do you judge a van goh on whether or not he was a good person? This is something that I notice about the chontroversy, is that people are glad he's no longer doing the variants because they think he's a bad person.

I think that, talented or not, the sensationalism of Van Gogh being completely fucking nuts led to his work being far more popularized than it would otherwise have been. Granted, this was mostly after his death, but the internet has sped up the process of information transmission considerably.

read up on the southern strategy

I can't admire the work of a man I don't respect. I don't respect SJWs or bullies. Rucka is both.

Rucka is just on a power trip, I'm annoyed too thathe drove Cho off the covers but that's interoffice politics for you.

>I was sperg as fuck in school
>Nobody liked me
>I hate SJWs because women won't fuck me
>I hate bullies because they picked on me for my inadequacy
the post

We judge Van Gogh's work based on the context of when/where he lived and the fact that he was crazy and killed himself. So yes the artist and the context absolutely matters. You can't remove that.

Damn nigga, that's some salty ass projection there. He strike too close to home or somethin'? I'm sure you don't go spank it to Nazi paintings, even if some of their art actually was pretty ripshit.