Archaeology used to be a vigorous masculine pursuit. Can it ever be so again?

Archaeology used to be a vigorous masculine pursuit. Can it ever be so again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ziu2ygE_Wc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fingerprints_of_the_Gods
davidpbillington.net/sphinx3.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Dryas_impact_hypothesis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah sure. After the big reset.

yea, Indiana Jones was a documentary after all.

Oooh, those dirty girls!

Archaeology is the sort of dull work women excel at though

Like making woven baskets or shopping

>dull work
>Stealing ancient treasures from angry primitives

wat

archeology is a top tier profession

That pic is a bit suggestive.

>David Schwimmer

Dinosaurs are fake, you're a faggot

Fields such as this become womens fields because they are low paying

This right here never ceases to disturb me. Its almost as infallible as a law of physics. For example in ops pic, they are doing it four times. What the fuck man

Never again.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ziu2ygE_Wc

>archeology is a top tier profession
Yea, until you either get your head cut off by or get sodomized by isis depending on your gender.

what was he pissed off about?

that the truth is coming out

>laying on artifacts
I'M THIS FUCKING MAD

kek just need to change the I to U

This post is ironic, because it isn't true. Most of the time they just read and write boring and long reports.

Wow, you can see fresh chipping where those useless bitches damaged the columns while digging.

Morons.

>Lets travel to war torn shitholes and learn the cultures they raped and pillaged to death

You really have issue wondering why this is a woman's profession?

truth about what

ding-ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!

about the origins of humanity
do you want the full redpill

[muffled Time Team theme in distance]

It's a group photo you autists

Yeah nigga

have fun

That, over the years, important objects of art had been stolen out of Egypt by archaeologists, I guess.

Thank you Mr. Colgate

>or shopping
Top kek

I just want to know what the fuck the indian is pissy about

Thats a known fact, does anyone deny this?
Whats the name he doesnt want to hear?

he is the leading egyptologist
he literally owns the big pyramids
he is pissy about the american questioning his theories

>Whats the name he doesnt want to hear?
Bouval
some supposedly "fringe" theorists who proposes alternative views on who build the sphinx an shiet

Quick research reveals that none of Hancocks scientific work is peer approved.

He's comparable to Erich von Däniken. It's just a stoner who goes
>whoa dude, what if, like, all humans were the same?

did you watch too many inidina jones?
99% of them do stuff like sift through old sand to look for stray acron shells to prove someone walked by 5000 years ago eating and through the shells around, seriously.
then they polt this trash on grid.
do you think he fucks all of them or has a chosen bitch? You know they all hungry for that tenure job blackmail

huh, guy made some pretty neat shit.
Thanks for filling me in

>man sits back, allowing the viewer to see all the pillars
>ALL FOUR women block pillars with their bodies
>stupid chink, with limited 3D spacial capabilities, sees no difference

What that redpill you were talking about, the whole mummys being white thing?

I dont know if youre typing it up or what, but Ill read your post later if you do. Im off for the night.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fingerprints_of_the_Gods
This is what he's talking about. The theory that before recorded history, there was a highly technologically developed humanity.

Erich von Däniken had the same theory. The differences between the two people being that von Däniken said that this culture then got abducted by aliens, but Graham Hancocks theory is that instead they were all wiped out by some cataclysmic event of natural origins.

The entire thing is essentially based on plausible deniability. He goes "we don't know if there was, so why not?"

Archaeologist here. When I studied it about 80% were women. It's mostly a women-career now. But that's pretty much where academia is heading now.

Nice disinfo shill

>This is what he's talking about.
No, that's not what I'm talking about

this:
davidpbillington.net/sphinx3.html

Sorta makes sense when when it comes to all the similarities. What are the odds that a hand full of completely unrelated and isolated societies all decide to make giant stone pyramids

I didn't refer to you. I referred to Graham Hancock, the man in the video.

That's what the other guy asked about.

are you the nongay sweden?
Is the extra red stripe from taking the redpills?

Im not clicking that shit

That becuase they don't actually have to do any manual labour, they get the local men to excavate for them.

i'm too lazy, everthing is in the thread i linked

For a sec I thought this was a new ISIS torture

then why do you bring up Däniken? guy is known fringe nut

Currently studying Archaeology at Uni, its about a 60 - 40 split for women but most of them are pretty chill and the kind of non-blue haired feminist, the ones you would have got in the 80's.

It seems like a pretty obvious thing to make given a bunch of bricks. I mean, given very little knowledge of architecture and structural integrity, what do people build with stones? All kinds of shit, right?
What actually remains standing? The most redundantly strong structures, mostly pyramid shaped things

>then why do you bring up Däniken
Because both of their theories are similiar, although with different explanations. They're both based on the premise that a pre-history civilization existed.

Yeah I came to post the same thing... why the fuck are they even doing archaeology if they think it's ok to disrespect and potentially damage artefacts for a photo.

There's no shitskins here, if that's what you're asking.

Redpill me on pottery

this shit was buried under tons and tons of rubble. 4 people lying on it isn't going to damage those stone pillars.

Hey mr archeogolist
what do you think about gobekli tepe?

true but the alien stuff poisons the debate t b h

>clay jew
>good

>shitskins
I like you. Youre now the good sweden.
bad sweden can fuck off.

Why does it though? What is Erich von Dänikens evidence for aliens?

What is Graham Hancocks evidence for a prehistoric civilization?

very jej, top shop Hungary

Graham always points at the younger dryas impact theory, which sounds plausible and there is evidence to it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Dryas_impact_hypothesis

As much as I would like aliens to be involved in this stuff, you can't just build around your theories around it because mainstream archeologist will completely ignore you. They already ignore you when you dare to be skeptical about their theories.

They are probably fucking scratching them up with their belts or trouser buttons. That one bitch isn't wearing gloves so the oil from her skin will help speed up erosion, if everyone had the same cavalier attitude as you then we wouldn't have anything left to preserve for future generations.

grave robbing was always frowned upon leaf. you can try to glorify your faggotry all you want with indiana jones movie references or what ever you just a thief

mate you quite literally use oil as a stone sealer. Quit talking out of your ass just becuase you want to get mad about something

Not specialized in Mesopotamia. Neolithic Scandinavia mostly. Most of the liberal, female archaeologists hated everything Scandinavian and specialized in egyptology, mesopotamia etc. Scandinavian history is racist.

Harry Pottery?

Use this.

fuck off muhamad

Meet the team who built a 100+ million dollar bridge in Canada which failed.

Their motto is "Form Over Function"

This is the power of diversity, this is the power of.. CULTURAL MARXISM.

Lol

interesting
how do you get into such a field without worrying for your financial future? Are your parents rich?

>abolish all forms of male dominance

Nothing can be controlled by men, or be seen as manly. This is why you have womens sports being forced, and strong womyn/diversity/tranny/feminist bullshit in video games, and forced women leaders etc etc.

How does one become an Archaeologist?

>Scandinavian history is racist.
what the fuck do you mean by this?

I bet you the man did all the work and also fucked all four of them.

There's no professional future in it, but I didn't know that at the time.So was studying archaeology a mistake? I don't know. Maybe. I'm working in IT now. Probably going to study something in that area instead. I have a couple of friends who studied worthless humanistic garbage (like anthropology & philosophy). They've all had to change fields.

nah, you're kidding? r-right?

so, ancient buried columns and these slags are laying their fat bodies on top of them possibly breaking pieces off.....

Which bridge did they fuck up, I googled it but there were several different ones

That is solid stone. Im no archeologist, but Im willing to be they really dont need to be using a broom for this

>piece of one column is already broken
>HEY LETS PUT ALL OF OUR BODYWEIGHT ON TO THESE
>guy leans his knee right on the weakest point of the column right near a place it's already been broken, likely due to him doing just that earlier

Stone goes brittle m8.

There is packed dirt under that and its solid stone. Its not the shitcrete we make stuff out of today.

They actually fucked up more than one, but Canada keeps using them for some reason.

Pic related was one, we had a huge thread about it, called their offices in Toronto with studies about women in the workplace even.

They were shitting bricks on the other end of the line according to the guy who did it, but he didnt save the call and upload it sadly.

Would have been legendary Sup Forums gold.

Theres a ton of roman shit still standing and if that were true then every rock on this planet would be dust.

>comedy of errors
>Johnston Street Bridge

This one was another, we found this article after digging into them when the other story was in the news.

wow. I cant wait for this planet to burn, I just wish I didnt have to be here to experience it just to see it.

holy shit you're retarded, I'm talking about the oil from your skin which is acidic which damages stone you stupid fuck.

>There is packed dirt under that

How do you know? Were you there? Do you have xray vision that works on images too?

For all you know two of those could have a pocket underneath and the undisturbed earth was at a careful enough balance to remain that way.
They could be lodged into there and a portion of a larger structure underneath.
They could be eroded from below to the point where strong focused weight would break them but not the evenly packed and distributed weight of dirt.

Not all of those are likely but WHY DO YOU NEED TO TAKE THE CHANCE FOR A FUCKING PHOTO?
You're literally gambling with nothing to win and everything to lose based on an assumption.

>the cheap and dirty approach
Holy fuck.. so now building a bridge right is both "cheap" and "dirty"
just fuck my shit up
>form over function
nigga wut

Pic related is one of the ones we brought up, 10 year study of ~3000 German businesses.

One user pretended to be a journalist named Ben Garrison, and asked them about it.

Seriously, Archive "mmm group" and I bet you find the thread, it was gold.

oil is neutral tho, not acidic or basic

Do you see the dirt around it?
Those pillars were not buried yesterday.
Do you think someone pounded all of the dirt on this planet to be as dense as it is before you dig?
Those pillars were laid there thousands of years ago and have sunk into the dirt, I think its safe to say its all pretty dense.
That being said, yea the bitches dont need to be doing the "look at me" shit with ancient artifacts.