Fuck This Language

As someone who wants to become Japanese, I can't master this shit...

3 writing systems...

Hiragana&Katakana is the easy part.

Kanji has many readings.
On yomi (Chinese borrowing sounds)
Different words were borrowed from different time periods so one Kanji can have many readings...
Wu region pronunciation
呉音 明ミョウ
Han Dynasty pronunciation
漢音 明メイ
Ming Dynasty pronunciation
唐音 明ミン

All for the SAME kanji!!!

Kun yomi (native Japanese readings)
・訓読み
明あ-かり

Mix sino-and native reading together
-樹箱(ジュばこ)
Applying a non-related reading to a kanji for emphasis
義訓 寒(ふゆ)
Adding a random native Japanese reding based on meaning of characters.
熟字訓 大和(やまと)

I'm out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SX3h9irApwg
youtube.com/watch?v=x9-e_3GHrzw
youtube.com/watch?v=gLSFsvKXD5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

私はとてもばかです

very unfortunately, it's almost impossible to master for non-native speakers

you should be very proud if you did it

>Fuck This Language
all the things that you mentioned are related to the writing system, none of them to the language itself

>expecting a Burger to be able to learn another language when they can't even learn their own

Rule of thumb. Stand alone or when used in verbs kanji are usually kun, compounds are usually on yomi. On yomi is usually also shou, sho, chou cho chu chuu shu shuu myou ie, long sounding hiragana combos. Do the core 6k deck, read tae kim grammer guide and read through /djt/s reading list. The hardest part of the writing is katakana words that are supposed to be borrowed from English sounding way different and splet strangely to an English native, the honorifics and casual slang in my opinion. visit /djt/ amd remember you cannot learn japanese

Japenese is overrated. You better learn german.

> Your dear totally not based german

it's pretty doable if you start when you're around 10~13

unfortunately most people start when they're old and decrepit

I grew up here so I'm fluent in speaking.

But I went back to the States for middle school and I have horrible writing and kanji skills

It's impossible to learn a second language proficiently as an adult unless you have autism. Language learning courses are just a scam.

Just do the core 6k deck then. 20 new cards per day everyday for around 9ish months and you'll be great.

> As someone who wants to become Japanese

You don't need proficiency, maybe in a second well used language but as a hobby no and any language 2+ you will be diversifying your knowlege so proficiency is an urealistic goal past two languages, it is very possible with 2 though

if you can already speak the language, just read a few dozen books (ideally 60 to 100 novels in various genres) and then spend a couple of months doing writing exercises

I don't believe you

What kind of dumb bullshit is that

Korean teacher is a sinologue so he knows Chinese regular and traditional as well as Korean, he used to teach Chinese to Korean students, this while his mother tongue is French and I believe that he is fluent in English too since that's the norm for any PHD graduate, and a sinologue's focus is more general than just language learning and translation, while it's a big chunk of the work, the main focus of his formation was Chinese civilisation and culture as a whole. While it's impressive and above average, it's not something spectacular so I don't understand why it would be impossible.

えぇ…お前は統合失調症患者なのか?

It's nice living in a country with such a high barrier for entry

serves you right for being a virgin weeb nonce

>kanji is hard

i dont get it

are you supposed to be telling me that people get run over in china like its something special?

you virgin soy weebo are

my dick is hard

ほも。

WTFFFFFFF
REPORTED

What are they doing with hanja education in Korea now?

Don't ask me, I'm not from Korea.

I thought the Wu pronunciation was from the Wu dynasty during the three kingdom? Although that's the same area

>漢字は難しい
Can people stop repeating this meme, when kanji is like the easiest part of japanese.

>memorising tens of thousands of little gook scribbles is easy

No

>tens of thousands
>nip kids learn about 2000
you're bringing this on yourself

You need to know about ten thousand to read the paper m8

pick a simpler paper

That's for Chinese.

>As someone who wants to become Japanese

lmfao what?
are you literally retarded?
you can't ''become'' japanese
you can only obtain japanese citizenship and even that is quite an ordeal

fuck off retard

Then why are black people in France called ''French people". Is this a double standard?

そうです。お前はバカ外人です。

Look buddy, you might become a Japanese national (though I highly doubt it), but you'll never become Japanese nor will anyone ever accept you as such. You will always be a foreigner and a westerner no matter how well you can speak the language and adopt their customs. You will always be an outsider. Don't pretend that you can suddenly be Japanese all of a sudden.

>hai
>daijoubu
That's all you need to know to survive.

Then should white people consider minorities the same way? Sounds like you're saying it should be so.

its a sham
black "french" don't actually identify as french, at home or in their own communities they are senegalese, ivorian, cameroonian, guadeoupean etc etc.
they call themselves "french" when dealing with french people and when it comes to politics simply because it benefits them and gives them access to the some of the privileges of being a native. french people go along with it so not to be racist, some of the political class push it as gospel because dilution of french identity is in their interest, but everyone involved knows deep down that its bullshit. its the same across western europe.

Yeah I already know all that, I was simply trying to get 's liberal brain to go haywire through the cognitive dossonance hoops he would have to jump through in order to justify his opinion.

Yes, you are.

It's from a couple centuries before Han

Heavily connected to Buddhism

but hes agreeing with you, hes saying you cant become an ethnicity. isn't that your point?

No, he was saying that about Japan because he's a weeaboo, but is fine with the multicultural model the West has adopted. Why promote Japanese cultural homogeneity but not Western countries' homogeneity?

>is fine with the multicultural model the West has adopted
where does he imply that

If I only memorize kanji, I do it somehow

Does Hanja have all those wierd exceptions Japanese have?

>Does Hanja have all those wierd exceptions Japanese have?

you mean 音読 or 訓読, right?

will ever attain mastery over 5 different languages in my lifetime?

Like mutiple On yomi readings

Multiple ways characters combine to give unorthodox Kun yomi

The language I speak has used a dozen writing systems.

However, 1 or 2 are used at a time and stuck with, and some are obsolete.

For hanja, only on'yomi

For example,
人 間
( sa-ram ) [ in ] ( sa-i ) [ gan ]

When speaking this Hanja, I read in []

'in-gan', like this

() Is a Korean native language, meaning

t. brainlet

pfft
japanese is easy
you can be shitposting on netto-keijibans with the best of em in like 18 months tops if you really try

so?

まぁこのクソ言語は超原始的ですし 私はあまり好きじゃないんだけど。日本語はかわいいアニメの言語だから話せるようになるのは仕方ない。

Interesting

Are you sure that you NEED to know all this? I mean, you're not a 日本語 teacher or a philologist, you don't need so much just for regular life

You need to know the different readings to read Japanese.

If you read 大和 as ダイワyou're off

>As someone who wants to become Japanese

you just have to learn every compound term separately, it's not that hard you fucking brainlet :)

We dont use it
Some might learn it

超原始的の定義とは…?

I know, but isn't it more convenient to learn readings with words? I started 4 months ago and for me this is the easiest way. Learning every kanji with readings by itself is a pure masochism

Japanese language = Japanese advanced brammer(every language)

future language.

Obligatory.
youtube.com/watch?v=SX3h9irApwg
youtube.com/watch?v=x9-e_3GHrzw
youtube.com/watch?v=gLSFsvKXD5g

>We dont use it
why?

That's what motivated me to start learning Japanese. I hate this shit hole and it to keep off of me.