Has a comic ever made you cry?

Just read the latest Civil War II: Choosing Sides, and the story about the heroes reacting to Rhodey's death unexpectedly made me tear up. The writing is very good, and I think it partly made me emotional because of all the tension in the US right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/1YDtg
imgur.com/gallery/be5xX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, but also I really hope your post is a troll post.

Death of Captain Marvel got me a bit teary, although not outright crying. Same with Death of Spider-Man (the last bit of quality that Bendis has ever produced).

this scene, right in the feels

1/4

2/4

3/4

And done.

I Hate Giants destroyed me.

Almost every issue of this one has a tear-jerker

>story about blacks pretending to care about Rhodey

Fuck off. It was just more KateAmerica pandering.

X-cutioner's song epilogue, starring Jubilee and Xavier.

you know which scene.

Seriously? This comic? The art was nice, but it was a dude overwriting a bunch of characters with his own ideas to be topical to the events of the moment, which just comes across as crass given Marvel's decision to kill Rhodes for shock value in the first place. And he wrote his damn daughter into it.

One of the final issues of The Sandman, where Hob walks away with Morpheus and Destruction, felt like a direct kick on the feels.

Eh, sure, I'll be a fag and admit it. I was drinking my way through the end of Hitman and it made me put down the bottle and cry.

Holy shit I never even thought to read comics drunk

You just opened up a whole new world for me user

The nearness of you in astro city. Cried like a baby at the end. One of the most finely written comics of all time.

Drinking makes the annual Storytime of Pain into the Storytime of FUN!

read it now to see if it's as bad as you guys make it up to be
it was fine to be honest it's actually kinda heartwarming.

Monica part was probably my favorite as it reminds me of when my friend died and how I reacted

Dexstarr the Red Lantern cat.

1/6

2/6

3/6

Well then you better be loading up because it's almost here.

4/6

Beasts of Burden has some good, f creepy feels scenes too.

Ooh when is it this year?

5/6

Surely I'm not the only one?

Astro City in general makes me emotional. I actually had to cut back on reading it because I knew some stories would just make me too sad or sympathetic, etc

6/6

"I good kitty"

Next weekend.

The Spidey comic where JJJ wife gets killed.

>7/21 - 7/24
This weekend.

I'm pretty sure people reacted to Rhodey during more than Steve Rogers after the LAST Civil War.

It's sad to think that he was killed since being a black man isn't progressive anymore. So they kill him and replace him with a black woman. Ten years from now they will replace her with a black transwoman who is also a midget but self-identifies as an attack helicopter. Since if your characters aren't filling in diversity quotas they are useless to Marvel now.

In He-Man: The Eternity War, when Duncan a.k.a Man At Arms gave his life for saving his daughter Teela. The ultimate sacriface of a father to save his child.

I'm a dog.

this one makes me cry

Post the Korean War strip. That one kills me.

No.

Aw shit not fucking Dexstarr

this?

Death of Peter in ultimate
Then I watched a motion comic on YouTube and cried again

>"I might just throw her at the sun."

Neil Gaiman's: What Ever Happened the Caped Crusader.

Every time

Six pages just pulled 2 tears. Fucking wow.

red soul was a punch in the fucking gut blacksad can't get a fucking break

just reminds me of how much I hated that whole leadup to Secret Wars, the whole "we can't do anything to stop this" aspect just felt so forced and artificial

>Astro City in general makes me emotional. I actually had to cut back on reading it because I knew some stories would just make me too sad or sympathetic, etc
yeah Astro City is good for feels

Fuck it I've never done a storytime before and this book is a huge tearjerker for me.

As a Superman fan I often think about his death, his legacy, etc. so these pages really get to me.

Source ?

If you like this issue support the series by buying it! I recommend Years 1-3.

I think Superman works great as a dad, if anyone has anymore recommended DadSupes I'd love to hear it.

It was in one of those Red Lantern comics at the end around when that whole Brightest Day thing was going on. Can't remember which issue but it's in my attic somewhere.

That's one of the best moments between Clark and Bruce that i' ve ever seen!

It's still my head cannon that Bruce is forcing them to keep him in jail and that he prosecuted himself because no one else would.

Lara's a qt

Teared up a little from that Transmet issue which introduced Mary. I'd storytime it if I could.

Too bad it didn't actually happen

Thread inspired me to reread Doom Patrol #63 (Morrison's finale), and the very last page got me. I think it was seeing Danny the Street's greeting to Jane that did it. A bit of happy tear.

I teared up at the end of Silver Surfer Requiem. The way they lead up to the end just made it hit hard. Might storytime it later tonight.

It's a mini that came out right before blackest night to develop some side characters
They made a few of them I think

Not gonna lie, if I was a superhero I'd show up to political events in costume, too.

Glad you guys are enjoying it.

Also I love anytime Krypto shows up in Superman media. He's a neat little part of they mythos that's often overlooked.

And that's it! It's not a sad book, but I'm a pussy so I get a few tears from it. Thanks for reading!

If you liked the issue but can't find a physical or a place to buy it, I got it from here:

imgur.com/gallery/1YDtg

So is this all In Clarks head or did this happen in a comic or is it a what if scenario?

Clark's head. He's being kept in a dream world by... Constantine, I think.

Pretty much what said. I don't know how familiar you are with Injustice, but this whole issue is an in-universe "What if" played out in Clarks' head.

Only time I've actually teared up in a comic and it was over a fucking monkey.

Dex-Star's origin and a Sup Forums screencap is one of the reasons why I hate that Red Lanterns were retconned to be incapable of constructs again.

I'm seriously baffled this comic is still going on. I mean i love how cheese ball it was in the first half and it still gets some good moments but fuck, can we just do the issue that starts the game proper already so we can prep for the Injustice 2 comic

>Flash could have gone back and made this a reality

Barry you spineless fuck

I haven't read after Year 3 but I've heard it's pretty bad. But anyway, check out this one. Came out pretty recently and is really fucking good.

imgur.com/gallery/be5xX

>Lois goes from being a reporter to president somehow
>Wears her hair in a ponytail when her daughter speaks in front of the world's leaders

C'mon now

Always wondered why this wasn't the first fucking thing supes did after killing the joker

Constantine? Working class magician Constantine?

Batman called him out on it recently....then Superman's henchmen tried to arrest his wife & friends....and as a result he decided he wouldn't change the past.

Injustice Barry is such a little bitch

Not cry a lot but it was close maybe.

He showed up in Year 3, got rid of Trigon and Mr. Mzy, and then took his daughter (he has one in this universe) to an alternate dimension after explaining to Batman that he tricked both sides into getting rid of the only one who would get in the way of getting out of the DC Universe safely, while also calling Batman AND Superman arrogant wankers.

Bendis? The comicbook writer? Brian Michael Bendis?

To be fair, that doesn't sound like the sort of thing he'd be involved in.

1/2

Is it worth reading all the way through Ultimate Spider-Man to get to this?

2/2

Rip My feels. Anything with Scott and Jean Tears me apart.