Namor The Sub-Mariner Storytime (Part 5)

Welcome back, Anons, to Namor the Sub-Mariner! Last thread revealed that the imposter Danny was really the Super Skrull in disguise. However, we also learned earlier that the corpse that Captain Hero beat to death in his final moments wasn't Danny Rand at all!
Let's see if we can find out the end of that mystery, shall we?

I don't KNOW if this is a direct reference to one of his Golden Age stories, but I really hope it is.

Whoops, posted the wrong page.

One good thing about nobody being here for the first few pages. It means nobody's around to see my screwups.

Okay, the clothes I get (well, I don't get why she'd WEAR some of them, but whatever), but why would she be styling her hair while doing it? She's mentally in her 70's!

>Namor: Now, now. I can and will please all of you. Am I not the Avenging Son?

>"The urgency of your summons didn't give me time to change."

You could've probably gotten a jet that I presume you have, and changed while it got there. No reason to appear to your workers dressed like a prostitute.

Seriously, that guy in the first panel looks like he's wondering how much she costs, while the old man to the left looks like he's already imagining what he wants to do to her.

For those of you who weren't here, Alexander here confronted Desmond Marrs (basically the villain) when he found out he was using Oracle (Namor's company, which he left to Desmond while he went on his errands, thinking him a friend) to make HIMSELF some money.
He didn't like being confronted.

Fucking hell Phoebe, you can't possibly be stupid enough to think they'll buy that.

Speaking of, can Kl'rt still use hypnosis?

This page is pretty important, if only for it's relevance to Iron Fist.

Oh look, it's the not-Floronic Man.

Oh yeah, remember when I mentioned the villain earlier? He made the mistake of selling drugs, and Frank caught him.
Now he's going to Punish him.

I've STILL been to busy to actually see why he'd bother trying to fuck with Stark.

Namor didn't even get the chance to punch his own villain in the face.

You just KNOW Byrne originally drew them with nipples, and then added the bubbles over them.

Well now you DEFINITELY won't be getting what you wanted.

Yeah, this is actually a fairly significant bit of Nita's backstory...

>Frank: Hmmm.......Well at least I didn't have to waste a bullet.

DUN DUN DUN

What's with Marvel and their clone/baby insanity?
>X-Man, test tube baby of Scott & Jean
>Carol Danvers birth to a guy who fucked her
>Spider-Man, 'Nuff Said
>Maddie Pyror, Even more 'Nuff Said
>Scarlet Witches Kids

Because clones are like the more realistic version of "secret sibling", the famous plot twise of soap operas.
And as we all know, cape comics are just soap operas interrupted with violence.

>"I'm your only living relative!"
>"There was even a time I thought I was in love with you!"

Surprisingly, this is the only time this gets brought up. I say "surprisingly", because you'd expect Byrne to bring it up a lot more than he is.

I love how this guy has to think about it. You'd think the Punisher would be one of the memorable ones.

>bendis

When does lame red leather jacket just escaped from the set of shaft Luke Cage come in

You know you're a prick when your only living family member sees your corpse, and laughs and does a song and dance number.

Granted, the fucker deserves.

You're sticking around for that?
Well, we're due to get to that right after we finish Namor.
So either 33 (end of Byrne's run), 34 (death of a significant Iron Fist character) or 40 (someone asked to go that far).
I'll go longer if anyone wants me to. Maybe we can use these storytimes as a way to explore the Marvel Universe through them.

And speaking of Iron Fist concepts, the H'ylthri!

I have no idea how they can sense eachother.
Probably some fish-based power they have?

Fucking hell, Lil' Namor's head is big.

Well, at least they have an actual reason for hating clones.

Did Namora really wear a cape?

Seriously, why would you wear a cape under water? Wouldn't it weigh you down?

I love his particular word choice down there.

So she's not exactly a perfect clone, at least in the sense that she's not a genetic copy.

Yeah, apparently Atlanteans believe clones have no souls.
Surprisingly this doesn't come up in New Warriors where Namorita meets Ben Riley.
Or in the other New Warriors, when she meets Kaine.

>"Why, you should've seen the smile on his face when he told us of the time he burned Hitler alive."

Oh hey, remember this guy? He's famous for surviving his motorcycle blowing up while he's riding it, more annoyed that he lost his bike than anything else, as well as cucking Danny by fucking Misty.

That last part will become fucking hilarious later.

Ugh. Not a fan of Byrne's inking during this period. It seems like throughout the 1990s he was going for a "scratchy" inking style a la Scott Williams which just clashes with his overall aesthetic.

>The search for Iron Fist

Wow, not even having to think about it.

Ka boom

>his last wishes were "Can I be buried in my home?"
>Namor decides "fuck it, he can be food."

For some reason, my version of this issue is skipping a page.

Cowboy hat? Really?

It wouldn't be a 90's book without a gratitious Wolverine cameo.

So here it is, Anons. Rand-Meachum has officially been bought by Namor's Oracle Inc.

Namor does possess the abilities of every creature that lives under the sea.

Okay, how is she able to make casual references to pop culture? Isn't she another Tarzan-esque character?

Yes, the last time that I remember that he used it was during Annihilation, and before that in young avengers.

Yeah, but that doesn't sound like something fish can do.

Yeah, Nita got the FUCK beaten out of her. She'll later have to use a Atlantean battle armor, before finally turning into the blue form that some people like.

I dunno, snarky narration. I bet there's someone who'd be interested in that.

Man, I miss Misty's amazing 70's Afro.

Now you say that, but who knows what kind of freaky atlantean seeking fish exist in the marvel universe.

I swear, I'm getting big Vincent Van Ghoul vibes from Strange now.

She's an ugly dyke lookin slag with that bad haircut a bunch of black girls had at that time and thought looked good

Right, I forgot to call it "comic bullshit"

She spent her teens living with family in the us, she's also a licensed veterinarian.

>"Anyone who has ever owned a garden would be quick to tell you the image of plants as peaceful and benevolent is false."
>"The plant kingdom is one of the most savage and territorial on Earth."

Remember this.
Master Khan needed a big ritual to come to Earth.
Doctor Druid needed a trance and a lock-on.
Doctor Strange? He can basically snap his fingers and teleport three people to K'un Lun.

Huh, I thought she spent most of her life in the Savage Land like Ka-Zar.

Holy shit, those crazy eyes.

THERE HE IS!

Remember, there's also the mystery of who Tyrone King is.
Here we're finding out from Rafe's surprisingly cute officer that he has no paper or electronic records.

Most of her adult life yeah, but her youth was split between living in africa with her parents and living with relatives and going to school in america.

Whoever he is, he can lift a woman by the neck with one hand.

So whoever he is, he's an enemy of Iron Fist.

He is the sorcerer supreme, that title comes with a hefty amount of power.

Yeah, but Master Khan is literally worshiped as a god.
Also, he's never given the treatment his power implies anymore.

Wait, are baby dolphins known to be quick?

Misty may be a crackshot detective with a bionic arm, but her best friend Colleen Wing is a fucking samurai.

Man, if this page were released today, how triggered would Sup Forums get?

Man, I wish I could do this. It would save me a lot of trouble when gardening.

>clothing damage

Yep, it's a Byrne story.

You'll remember this if you read the last few issues of Power Man & Iron Fist.