/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

The Only Pure Being Left in the Galaxy - Edition.

>Star Wars Rebels Season Three Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

>Star Wars Celebration Schedule:
starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-europe-2016-live-stream-schedule

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures - Episode 7
Darth Vader #23
Star Wars #21

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oegeTZxsrQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=0EI8YxV0u2U&t=10m00s
twitter.com/amy_geek/status/713459710502899712
soundcloud.com/davidglenrussell/tracks
starwars.com/search?q=rebels audio cues
soundcloud.com/deankinersounds/sets/star-wars-rebels-music
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The gr8 deb8

The Emperor didn't agents of the Empire to the Unknown Regions to hide. He sent them on a specific mission. Something he wanted them to find. A source of power he sensed, potentially the source of his own power.

You think that's trumped by the urgent concern of dealing with Sabine 's graffiti?

I shouldn't laugh at this...but i do

That can't be big enough to hold onto an atmosphere.

Shit, maybe its super dense or something

Canon pic btw

I stopped watching season 2 after the Concord Dawn episode. After seeing the season 3 trailer, I realize I may have missed some stuff that elevates the show out of the "good guys always win" cliche. Will Rebels see a similar shift as Clone Wars did in its content and tone?

Pretty cool uniform. Movie is probably going to be more garbage.

Different factors entirely. Judge planets by your size do you? It is a factor of mass and core composition. A dense enough object coupled with the ability to generate a strong enough electromagnetic field could maintain an atmosphere, sure.

There's other factors as well. The intensity of solar winds produced by the local star, for instance. Also Starkiller base is mobile so it likely has it's own shielding of various sorts, not just the defensive barrier against incoming attacks. It's been modified substantially, obviously.

it just werks

It's not our moon barely has an atmosphere and it's much bigger than texas

It's obviously been terraformed for the uses of the FO, including installing an atmospheric generator. Snoke also demanded fir trees and snow, because he LOVES Christmas. He's such a cuddly guy once you get to know him.

Our moon has other issues, for instance just being tidally locked as it is would be a problem.

Also it does have an atmosphere, it's just incredibly thin.

Consider that this rag tag group doesn't make it to A New Hope.

It's worth reminding people that physics in Star Wars doesn't work the same as in our real universe. They don't even have temporal relativity, according to Pablo.

This, i mean look at it This is some next level mumbo jumbo we're dealing with

The FO has cracked Quintessence, unlimited energy. They can basically do whatever they want as a lot of the limitations are removed due to that bit of bullshit that isn't even mentioned in the movies.

Why the FO decided to build a giant gun and didn't become space BP, well, I guess that's just boring.

It being that big at least explains how they were able to get around a "planet" so quickly.

Anyone like cut-aways?

In the EU Thrawn's career BEGAN in the Unknown Regions pacifying the oogedy boogedy peoples of these backwater areas. His work with the xpansionary Defense Force helped him home the skills he used in his later years.

Only if it shows how the entire time Rey was living in that wrecked AT-AT there was this poor Stormtrooper locked in the bathroom. You don't want to know the kinds of things he had to eat to survive as long as he did. All that time she thought the occasional weird knocking noises was just the armor plating settling from the heat of the sun bearing down on it.

Now you leave me wondering where exactly does rey take her shits

Season 3 is already starting to look dark. Filoni is not just going to let the Rebels keep getting away; no way he'd job Thrawn that hard.

I do

Yes, I still have the episode 1 book from when I was younger.

"What's this? Noo-cyoo-ler re-act-or. Ooo, this hole has it's own glowing nightlight! I'll just squat over it!"

She'll be the most powerful Jedi of the Sequel Era but sadly rectal cancer will take her in the end.

>They don't even have temporal relativity, according to Pablo.
How convenient.

yes

>yfw we will never get a theme like this until another finale

youtube.com/watch?v=oegeTZxsrQ4

That was the point. That was always the point. Star Wars isn't hard sci-fi. It's barely soft sci-fi. It is, however, straight up fantasy with sci-fi elements in that it has pew pew laser, space ships, and robots by any other name.

Got a couple of these

We're still waiting for news on the full release of season 1 and 2 music.

Did Celebration give us any details on that?

>that Rebels Once More paragraph

Mon Mothma was a mistake

Not that I could see, sadly.

Hopefully soon. I'm really hoping they give us the mixes they did for the trailers, too.

That's it.
Book comes out September 27, 2016

Is there a version of the Celebration Rebels Panel that isn't totally fucked up? I'm not seeing one on the Star Wars youtube playlist and the Disneyland Experience one is all kinds of fucked up.

It's just a compilation of the 1-6 guides and the Force Awakens one, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=0EI8YxV0u2U&t=10m00s

It's only a select number of 1-6 ones, not sure how many but definitely not all of them.
Forgot the lars homestead pic

Hmmmm......

I don't recall any info at Celebration, but there was someone on Twitter who met Kevin Kiner at Wondercon back in March and confirmed a future release.

twitter.com/amy_geek/status/713459710502899712

There were up on David Glen Russell's Soundcloud, but were pulled shortly after the trailers came out. One of the tracks was called "Ahsoka's Fate", so it make sense to pull it. But they haven't be reuploaded since the finale aired. :(

soundcloud.com/davidglenrussell/tracks

I still wish we can get more music from TCW. I have a laundry list of things that I would like to see.

This embed link shows me the full 10 hours, but when I go to the video on Youtube I only get 4 hours max and it starts in the middle of the Dave Filoni interview. Anyone else get this for Day 2 and 3 as well?

Sweet, thanks user. No wonder I didn't find it, I'm looking for the individual recording and didn't check the BIG ones.

Hell, there probably is an individual one (I found the Ahsoka Panel that way) but I could easily overlook it like a dumbass.

I remember last Celebration the longer vids got all fucked up somehow but eventually they sorted it out. I'm thinking it's a youtube server issue?

I really hope the soundtracks get released soon. I love the soundtrack that's playing when SS and 5B are stalking Sabine and Ezra through the corridors of the medical station.

>anakin's lightsaber is one of the most critically important objects in the OT and force awakens
>anakin lost the first one, which was an exact replica, and didn't even give a fuck about it
This still makes me laugh

They've got some of those on the starwars.com website, and Kiner probably still has a few up as well.

starwars.com/search?q=rebels audio cues

He said they are treating him a lot like they did Vader.

is it just me or does it look like rex has his scar in the bad batch?

All of Torrent Squad has it.

I believe they have those on both sides. It's just a spot where the model is slightly open. I don't think they've ever confirmed when Rex has his removed.

That is something I actually always hated. I wish Anakin actually cared about his lightsaber and held onto it for all those years. This way, Obi-wan taking the saber and saying that he know Anakin would have wanted Luke to have it would have more meaning.

oh man i wonder what happened to the rest of them

Of course that isn't to say they'll do that with Thrawn. We don't know anything about his past or future. Hell, we didn't even know for sure he was showing up until last weekend.

They could incorporate parts of his EU backstory, hell I'm sure they will (especially in the Zahn novel being written). They can do whatever they want with the characters.

Curiously so far (I have NOT read Wendig's two acts of rape against the English language) the only Imperial we know has a lasting effect on the First Order is Hux's dad. Obviously Thrawn's post-OT role, if any, will need a substantial redesign.

Sadly that one is not among them, thanks anyway user.

Bowl cancer awareness is serious.

Pretty sure Dave is drunk for the first few minutes with Andi. That's what gets him talking.

Nah, I think it's fine that he doesn't care about it. Obi-Wan is lying to him that entire conversation and from a certain point of view, it's the last representation of Anakin, not Vader. He would have wanted Luke to have it.

It wasn't important beyond being a lightsaber at first, it only became important.

It's possible Youtube has a problem processing this 10 hour live stream for playback. I can click on the vid and it shows 10 hours then it immediately loads with four. It will probably take a few days for me to watch it properly.

>Wendig's two acts of rape against the English language
user pls I'm dying

Check this playlist too, the Kiner Brothers have also done tracks for the show.

soundcloud.com/deankinersounds/sets/star-wars-rebels-music

It is. Jakku probably has a monstrous attrition rate. The harsh conditions, lack of water, the struggle to obtain portions, accidents while investigating crashes, and exposure to who knows how many toxic substances leaking from the ship's main weapons system, coolant, reactors - just about anything!

How mad are the deviantart mandofags gonna be when Sabine not only takes the title of Mandalore and it's revealed she's related to Mandalore the Ultimate, uses the Dark Saber, and ends up winning against a force/lightsaber wielder?

>"art of storytelling" panel
>just self congratulatory wanking about lucasfilm.
>hurr everything is so incredible, I love star wars, I like everything! I love the fans!

damn, I thought it was actually going to be about something practical.

Not even a mandofag and that would piss me off.

>anakin lost the first one, which was an exact replica
When was this? I only remeber him losing this one

Wendig zheed it right up its zher hole. Turned the common language into a common whore by ramming his hyphen into it over and over again, especially in the most inappropriate places.

In AotC.

Anakin gets his lightsaber destroyed in that moronic assembly line scene.

He's very good at losing them, apparently.

I think in the Anakin and Obi-Wan comic he lost that one permanently, but I can't recall 100%. I know it was chucked out the airship when he was kidnapped, at least. I can't recall if Obi-Wan somehow found it (via the Force or whatever)

Fair enough, it's not exact, but outside of token changes Anakin obviously didn't change it up that much.

But it wasn't a replica. His first one is the one I posted and actually looks more like his Vader saber

In the EU he lost them nearly every other week. I haven't seen any new canon Anakin stuff outside of Clone Wars, but I imagine his blase attitude towards them probably hasn't changed.

I love how the guards are staring at the door, wondering what the hell is going on on the other side.

Prepare your anus then

How does he still have eyes?

ugh so basically let it suck and then kill it
or wait til the network screws it

Well that certainly takes some of its gravity away.

Then again, it's not the one that killed younglings.

I can see the beating a force sensitive part being true, but I doubt they'd go out of their way to make her related to Mandalore the Ultimate or become Mandalore.

Considering there's Mandalore is obviously not powerful in the OT and the mandalorians are as fractured as fractured to be, there's no reason to make her Mandalore. As if they'd even follow her.

I doubt it was Filoni's idea, but considering Clone Wars only go better as the seasons went past, to the point even the unaired shit is great, I trust him to keep it okay.

Because Maul never took the chunk out of Kanan's face that everyone freeze framing was crowing about. Dark burns in a very dark scene, not to mention they just overlayed a burn texture and mapped it to his face.

If you want, then bacta was able to regrow any missing parts, but wasn't able to restore his actual vision.

You can see Mandalore the Ultimate in the scene with Thrawn, right beside her bird symbol, and the rest of the room and art detailing the Ghost Crew. He's obviously going into their past, their lineages, etc.

As for Mandalore, she's clearly important enough to warrant being given the Dark Saber and carrying on their traditions. She's going to be Mandalore, if only for a small rebel cell.

Prepare. your. anus.

One (among many) disappointing this about Celebration is the unnecessary marketing that took place. Panels like "Art of Storytelling" that have all the leaders of the divisions should talk about the technical stuff, but like you said it was a self wank that tried to push VR on people.

>You already know what we do! And it's great!
That was the extent of most panels, no substance to most of them whatsoever.

Pic related exemplifies that the most.

Or do the best they can because they want to keep their jobs?

did Vader job a lot? I'm just assuming that's the case as the cast appears to still be alive

>Then again, it's not the one that killed younglings.
That was just self-defense. They had it coming. They drew first blood!

>ugh so basically let it suck and then kill it
But the opposite happened in clone wars. It will just keep getting better.

That is a lot of fucking guess work from a few one second shots from a trailer.

Yes, they're obviously going more into her past as a Mandalorian but they have said they were doing this for a while. All we know is that Sabine is going to be basically the leading lady of the season, considering the only Ghost crew that appear on the season 3 poster are her and Ezra.

As for the dark saber, we have no idea how the fuck she even gets it.

Nope, he only appears in the opening episode and last episode of the season and in both instances the Rebels got their shit kicked in and lost something, even if they did escape.

Vader never really jobs, he just doesn't particularly give a shit half the time and fucks around.

It's one part of Anakin that survives within him. As for Ahsoka, you can assume the explosion caused more damage to him than she did, and that he would have a somewhat annoying time with her lightsaber form considering his cybernetics and needing to have such quick and ridiculous dexterous movements.

So, bench him for nearly the entire season?

The problem with the good guys always winning is inherent to the fact that you can count good guys on your fingers, and their redshirt support is supposed to be horrifically outnumbered by the foe, and you can only contrive so many circumstances where a loss does not prove fatal to the team good guy before still making villains look inept due to not being able to stop good guys from getting away.

Well they limit Vader's role. He wasn't supposed to completely eliminate the Rebels, merely drive them off Lothal and preserve the Empire's operation there. He did so. He also had a lead on them and did a fair amount of damage, but ultimately his job wasn't to wipe them all out. The Emperor still has Inquisitors to send on that errand.

HAD Inquisitors, anyway.

After that Vader shows up at the Temple on Lothal to claim it for the Emperor, and then later deals with shit on Malachor. Took an exploding Sith temple to the face just to slow him down.

While true, it's very clear she's related to a Mandalore in some way.

>Implying Vader-senpai jobs.
>Ever.

That's what he has his inkies for

The "Ahsoka's Untold Tales Panel" was rewarding in that it went into more details that I personally haven't heard, so I liked those insights, but generally events are just like you described.

Also on a sidenote: Ashley getting emotional at Ahsoka is HNNNNNNNNNG.
>Ashley is pls no bully
>Filoni likes emotionally bully

i guess i was being pessimistic
but at the same time TCW also had Lucas pouring his own wallet into the series, and this one very much doesn't.
i like Rebels but its a different situation than TCW and i worry. i have faith, but i worry