Try to buy Valiant TPDs

>try to buy Valiant TPDs
>someone else cleaned them out
>Pick up XO Manowar vol 2 and a few MTG boosters
>French guy next to me buys $75 worth of floppies that he'll probably take maybe an hour to read

How do I do this, Sup Forums? I've spent so long on Hail Hydra threads that I can't seem to get into the rhythm of buying comics.

I don't buy floppies unless I mean to collect, otherwise buy used and focus on hardback.

Focus on a few comics you consistently like and build from there.

Maybe it's just me, I think showing issue by issue support (provided I'm not the only one doing it) shows interest in a book and keeps it going. Maybe I'm just fooling myself though.

Sure, I guess with the context I don't read much new things, and if I do they're self contained.

>I think showing issue by issue support shows interest in a book and keeps it going
For smaller titles, probably. I wish "muh brand new No.1" shit would fuck off.
In ~50 years we had one (1) volume of Uncanny X-Men. In the past ~5, we've had three. Fucking stupid.

I like to map out I think I'll like by creator.
If there are any crossovers on the horizon, I like to map those out too so I can budget accordingly. You can do that easily enough anyways with the solicits. Made a small list that I would leave with my LCS and try not to deviate from there.

Then my go-to LCS closed ;_;7 so I'm also a faggot that orders from midtown or ebay.

If you're not so much into supporting LCSs, buy from amazon or bookdepository. use win'o and libgen for digitals, or even but them.

>ebay
I don't see the problem.

I don't really either, which is why I do it, but some people get pissy about it.

Did you like Schism?

I did... It's fun. It doesn't really make sense to me, cyclops and wolverine were always bros. and at the end they make it about Jean. But I liked seeing them fight, it was pretty brutal for two guys who have spent years fighting with each other.

Yeah, it kinda came out of left field with how the narrative in the ongoings was flowing.

I think it would've jived a tad better if perhaps Wolverine's X-Force had been outed and maybe one of the Lights had been killed stopping a criminal or something. The Quire thing really wasn't enough to catalyze their anger in my view.

I liked where things were headed, but goddamn AvX screwed the pooch.

AvX ruined all the build up of hope... They just used her and threw her aside like a cheap hooker.
Only good thing that came out of AvX was Xavier dying. It kissed me off that they brought him back as if he was anyone even relevant anymore.

>They just used her and threw her aside like a cheap hooker.
So fucking mad.

I can't wait until in a few years someone decides to undo the Bendicide and use Hope to do it.

His death was pretty rad. Good sendoff.

Still don't know how the Skull taking his brain worked without all the X-Gene stuff.
Need to actually read Axis.

Buy online

Is that a picture of the comic stop in redmond WA? I think I have been there

Same here... I got fed up and stopped reading and buying. I finished out X-force and that was the last of it. Didn't read any of secret wars or after. Caught a few story times of the new stuff but a lot of shit annoyed me. They're really making this shit geared towards kids it seems. For instance x23 (wolverine, Laura, whatever) suddenly acts like a teenage girl.
Magic suddenly has a likable personality.

It's just garbage.

Only buy shit you can't find online. Like Glory v2 (mooncalf series). Fucking external hd died and took it with it.

>I finished out X-force
Did you go past Remender's UXF? Cable & X-Force was basically Cable & Hope. I enjoyed it a lot.
Still haven't gotten to whatever the most recent volume of X-Fore is.

The new 'Wolverine' is the only current thing I'm reading atm. I think it's got some potential, but the last think I read that featured X-23 was Kyle & Yost X-Force, so it's a bit jarring that she's being "sweet". With any luck (yeah right) she'll get her tragedy gauntlet soon enough. I'm planning on going back and reading Liu's run.

I wish they'd go back to keeping the X-verse on its own.
The double whammy of AvX's staggering mediocrity and Spider-Man "dying" Yeah I've heard Superior is good haha, but it's just cheap and bland and the villain+hero/one head thing is so fucking tired. I even really, really liked Slott's run up to it. just really killed my passion for capes.

/blog
sorry

Yeah I read cable and X-force which was great! Just good old comic book fun. Also read Spurriers's X-force. It was okay... Couldn't stand how he took all the unique qualities of each character and exaggerated it. Story was meh. And again no Hooe justice until the end and even still wasn't to my liking. I have a strange liking for hope. I wish that they would do a Hope and X23 (sorry I prefer that over wolverine. It's just too confusing to me) title, just two badass chick taking out bad guys. Maybe I'll pick up the wolverine title. I think a part of it is just me being stubborn.

test

1-2-1-2

>Yeah I read cable and X-force which was great!
It had me grinning a whole lot. Tons of fun from what looked like it was gonna be a really "gritty/edgy" title.
I like Larroca's art too. The Nemesis Forge bantz were a lot of fun too.

I think Hope's just an incredibly well developed heroine. Despite all the expectations and err, hopes, people pinned on her, she still managed to become her own person. Not only that, but most of the writers, maybe even through AvX, I felt, seemed to have a lot of respect for her as a character and not just a plot device. Something that's really hard to pull off with character like her, so that the did, only makes her more impressive.

I buy HCs and Hellboy is really the only current thing I am even slightly into.
60-80's Marvel is my main thing and that is easy to get cheap.