What dose Sup Forums think about Arthur Harris ?

What dose Sup Forums think about Arthur Harris ?

Other urls found in this thread:

focus.de/politik/deutschland/bomber-harris-do-it-again-dieser-nackt-protest-gegen-pegida-schockt-dresden_id_4420184.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dxgPX5-cmvc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also what did he mean by this
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."

>be German
>get melted

bump

>be German
>want bomber Harris to do it again
focus.de/politik/deutschland/bomber-harris-do-it-again-dieser-nackt-protest-gegen-pegida-schockt-dresden_id_4420184.html
wew lad
Why is this country even existing ?

>be Polish
>get buttfucked by Germans
>side with Russians
>get buttfucked by Russians
>side with Germans
>get buttfucked by Germans again

Love him. He was right.

(If you read Churchill's WWII memoirs, he talks about the effectiveness of the factory bombings on the equipment of the Nazis)

Contributing:

"There are a lot of people who say that bombing cannot win the war. My reply to that is that it has never been tried… and we shall see."
- A. Harris

Death from above!!!!!!!!!!

It's like magic. There's a ball-bearing factory, then there isn't.

Based

>reading Winston "fat tool" Jewrchill notes
I think I'll pass

Well my Polish buddy, since you and I seem to be the only ones that give two shits about this hero, I'll contribute some more to your original quote.

France, and describes by Churchill, refused to bomb Germany in what was described as the "Twilight War" for fear that it would cause Germany to retaliate.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The world needs more Pattons and Harrises.

Also didn't they switch to firebombs because those did more damage to residential areas?

Also, there's his Curtiss "Bombs Away" LeMay...

Our bombers can't reach Japan yet? Let's put those bitches on carriers.

Can't land them? We'll fly them to China. It's more important to bomb Japan than to recoup the equipment.

Didn't this lad wanted to atack China with nukes

The British bomber equipment was lovely. They had firebombs for dealing with cities - which created fires so hot that it sucked in Oxygen for miles around and caused an implosion.

Also, they had 10,000 lbs bombs that were so explosive that one capsized the Tirpitz, a 40,000ton battleship.

Before picture attached.

Before Picture

Are you talking about Mac Arthur ?

After picture.

>Are you talking about Mac Arthur ?

That sounds more accurate. And this was probably during the Korean conflict (read as: war).

necessary evil

I believe that the British called them: "Flippity-dippitiy shippy sinkers"

well he wasnt wrong

Then there's this awesomeness.

Enjoy your un-powered factories, Hun.

>its a Poland butthurt thread

Bomber Harris, Do it again!

We seriously need to firebomb more German cities though.

>German

Hmmm. I think that Germany has had enough. We bombed some sense into them. Now they enjoy Big Macs and freedom - unfortunately, like with Japan, we might have gone too far which caused them to like Falco and Kraftwerk.

I think that the next round of bombs should be pointed toward mudslime-land.

Every time there is a parade dragging a naked, dead soldier through a street in brown land, it should be countdown to a targeted missile strike.

This is what I mean.

I never understood this. I get that you have to hit the dam at the bottom because that's the thickest part but having this drum-shaped bomb skip across the water and then sink to the bottom like that just seems unnecessary. Why not bomb it from the other side where there's no water?

I think that it's because it would require accuracy that can't be expected of pilots/equipment.

(Also, I would think that to even come close to the proper accuracy, the bombers would have to fly so low that they'd take damage.)

Ruhr dam picture attached.

Strategic bombing is evil, the entire war was a shame to us all

Pacifists are co-conspirators in the murders inflicted by aggressive governments.

- Fighting in March 1938 would have obviated WWII.

- The nuclear bomb was a gift of mercy from U.S. to Japan. (Proving also that pacifists are bad at math...).

Hydraulic overpressure. Mythbusters did the same thing with water-filled safecracking - a single stick of dynamite inside the safe blew it to bits if it was filled with water, just set stuff on fire if was filled with air.

youtube.com/watch?v=dxgPX5-cmvc

Not a pacifist m9, speaking of that war specifically