Dynamite's Betty Boop

comicsalliance.com/dynamite-betty-boop-langridge-lagace-sdcc-2016/
What the fuck? Why the awful stiff and lifeless style? Why isn't it cartoony? What the hell were they thinking??!

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/20217629
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gisele_Lagace
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Langridge
twitter.com/giselelagace/status/743252469845725184
youtube.com/watch?v=BcGCGhjHFuU
youtube.com/watch?v=FXfiidC_dtY
youtube.com/watch?v=jnSH0cj-y4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Betty Boop looks fucking weird as hell and I say that as someone who's usually really passionate about sexy cartoons.

Betty is not the more weird in your pic, Bimbo and Koko are weird as fuck!

Well finally i look the other pages and that's not that bad, Sup Forums just hate every new things and plays the hipster card everytimes.

>not that bad
nigga you blind, guess you've never watched a Betty Boop cartoon, just like the artist of this shit.

"Wanna be a member? wanna be a member? NO"
"He couldn't take my boop-oop-a-doop awaaaay!"
>"Cab Calloway dancing in rotoscopie"
I have watched a lot, it's just a different style, also if you look at some of the covers, this comic probably would have various artists with various styles.

stop being a pessimistic hipster now!

>it's just a different style
It's not, it's just a half assed attempt to modernize Fleischer. If they really wanted to do a different style, fine, it worked for Flintstones, but this bad Archie style crap doesn't work.
>this comic probably would have various artists with various styles
Nope, the press release just says this one artist.

If it was Roger Langridge on both writing and art I'd have been all over this. The writing will be top notch at least, as Langridge is a great fit for this sort of thing (check out his Popeye stuff from IDW).

I'm not so keen on Gisele Lagace's art on the preview pages. Looks like she's so used to drawing normally proportioned human figures that she finds it hard to draw cartoony bodies; Bimbo just ain't right

Okay but what's really wrong here? My biggest problem in your pic for exemple is literally Bimbo the dog, but Betty and Koko are actually decent, not perfect but decent.
and in the other covers, they are strangely well designed.

That's what happens when you try and turn an anthro dog girl and make it human with only slight changes.

As I said, if they wanted to go for a new style do it, but don't halfass it. The problem is she's drawing a body with somewhat realistic and stiff proportions and poses for Betty, with a huge lifeless "cartoon" head. It looks like a woman wearing a huge mask, horrible. Look at the pic you posted at how the face distorts with the expression, as well as the arms and the whole body emphasize the pose. It breathes life into the character. I'm just saying if they wanted to make it more realistic, redesign the characters and change the shape of the head as well, but don't go the mediocre route.

>BETTY YOU WERE FAT! FAT,FAT and Fat!

JAZZ WEED LMAO

so nobody want a Betty Thread?
here some cartoon based on Boop: vimeo.com/20217629

>What the fuck? Why the awful stiff and lifeless style? Why isn't it cartoony? What the hell were they thinking??!

It's pretty well known that Dynamite treats the artists working for them poorly. Most of them are picked up straight out of school so they don't realize how awful the contracts are

>Dynamite treats the artists working for them poorly
Oh I see, that explains a lot. The only comic I've read of them was Solar, and even though the writing was pretty good, the art got worse and worse I dropped it.

>she

I'm pretty sure Alex Ross is the only artist that does work with them who Dynamite promote

I think on James Bond Warren Ellis is actually paying the artist more out of his own pocket because of what the Dynamite page rates are

Gisele Lagace is female. There are female comic book artists, dude.

Educate yourself:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gisele_Lagace

More education:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Langridge

you really don´t know

I wanted Betty Boop to come back, but not like this...

Imagine if they did a couple shorts similar to those new Mickey Mouse ones.

twitter.com/giselelagace/status/743252469845725184
she`s a dude without androges, they develop like girl but have testies inside them and a xy chromosomes

>The problem is she's drawing a body with somewhat realistic and stiff proportions and poses for Betty

this

The Talkartoons style was cute.

well fuck, another one of my favourite characters having an awful comeback, oh well...
To be fair, the artist is not bad, but she's not a good fit for Betty.
As long as she identifies as a woman, i'll keep calling her a "she"

she`s a woman with testis tho

Betty is the mother of all waifus.

post cartoons about Betty:
youtube.com/watch?v=BcGCGhjHFuU
youtube.com/watch?v=FXfiidC_dtY
youtube.com/watch?v=jnSH0cj-y4c

>check out his Popeye stuff from IDW
>IDW
Eat dog shit, you fuck

Oh goddamned they put SJW pandering on the comic.
>two interracial couples with the same model, every fucking times.
also that's not really accurate on the Betty Boop universe who take place on the 30's.

I'd kill to se a new Felix the Cat or Woody Woodpecker series, hell! Even Gumby or Rocky & Bullwinkle would suffice

Who
Fucking
Cares

there`s something off with her design, she has a body to realistic for her giant cartoon head

why its always a blonde girl and a black guy? why not a blonde guy with a black girl?
there`s some cuckold fetish in there bro

Only faggots like you care about that sort of meaningless shit.

>this autism

okey but lets be real for a second, there´s a cuckold fetish in there

Betty's boyfriend is a dog.

She has actually various boyfriends:
>Anthro nigger dog
>Bisexual Clown
>/Fit/ guy with a gay face

So Dynamite is doing a new Betty Boop comic?

Well I'm onboard.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Someone needs to storytime Betty Boop's Big Break.

Betty's giant head just doesn't look right on a well-proportioned body. She needs the cute, small body to work, otherwise her head is just too out of place.

Hell, her head is already weird looking to begin with; it's shaped like an ass and her lips are on her chin. The more you bring attention to the fact that she's not realistic, the more those glaring features come to light. She works as a cartoon where her head is roughly 2/3rds the size of her entire frame BECAUSE she's a cartoon, but she does not work as a caricature with an attempt at realistic anatomy. It's like a normal woman wearing a big styrofoam head at a costume party or something.

The fuck, why'd that reply to the jewpost? Oh well.

>disproportional head on a properly proportioned body
The reason Betty works is because the too-small body and the too-large head paradoxically compliment each other. Making one more proportional makes the other's inherent disproportions more obvious causing them to stand out more making it look weird and unflattering.

Apparently they wanted a female artist for the book cause feminism doesn't allow a female led comic to be written by a man... but this was the best they could get