Smartest People in the World

So, Amadeus Cho is stated to be the seventh smartest person in the world. And is canon that Reed Richards is the most inteligent.

Who else is in like the top ten? I assume that Victor von Doom may be the 2nd or 3rd, and Tony Stark must be there also. Who else is inteligent/smart enough to be considered in the top ten? The Illuminatis? Bruce Banner?

Make your list, Sup Forums

8th smartest according to Pym.

:^)

Isn't Pym number 2?

I was actually thinking about this recently -- Now that quite a few people are dead/not in the universe (see: Pym, Richards, Banner) who's the current list? Should Amadeus move up? Have some additional intelligent people been introduced?

Adam Brashear
Valeria Richards
Madame Curie Cho
Monica Rappacini
Quentavius Quire
David Alleyne

Via Marvel Database:
Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic.
Henry Jonathan “Hank” Pym/Ant-Man; Giant-Man; Yellowjacket; Wasp; Goliath.
Robert Bruce Banner/Hulk.
Victor von Doom/Dr. Doom.
Anthony Edward Stark/Iron Man.
T'Challa/Black Panther.
Amadeus Cho.
Henry Phillip Mc

Captain America?

Is Valeria Richards smarter than Franklin?

How exactly is Banner over Victor Fucking Doom? What did Banner actuallly did? His transformation was an accident, and he never got to cure himself, at least until recently, after like fifty years of comics.

Franklin got the power, Valeria got the smarts.

Marvel's commentary on the status quo between man and woman obviously.

Could it be is all this sjw shit just to smokescreen the killing off of all the genius characters

>Marvel creating a canonically more stupid universe to fit its fans

Beautiful

1. Reed Richards
2. Peter Parker
3. Tony Stark
4. Adam Brashear
5. Victor Von Doom
6. T'Challa
7. Amadeus Cho
8. Bruce Banner
9. Everyone else

>T'Challa
Jesus. I know you need a black rep, but Adam Brashear exists. Other than that, I'm super comfy with that list, although Victor and Bruce should probably switch, and the absence of Valeria is weird

Except for Richards, Pym and Stark, they would all be B-listers in DC. I'm pretty sure even Vandal Savage beats them all, tho, and he's not in the top five.

Pak jerked him off into being a super scientist with a forcefield and shit when the most advanced think he built before that was a robot that wanted to suck his dick

lol look at this Spideyfag

He is still the world's leader in gama radiation
Probably not worth a spot that high though

>2. Peter Parker
>5. Victor Von Doom
>5

No.

No one besides Bruce Banner and his cast gives half a fuck about gamma radiation.

I'm fairly sure that Otto Octavius was more renowned in radiation, Reed Richards even called him in for a consult when Susan was having complications in her pregnancy due to their cosmic radiation exposure

1. Reed Richards
2. Henry Pym
3. Victor von Doom
4. Adam Brashear
5. Valeria Richards
6. Tony Stark
7. Amadeus Cho
8. Bruce Banner
9. Henry McCoy
10. Peter Parker

Thoughts?

1. Lex Luthor
2. ???
3. Mr. Terrific

Sivana, T.O.Morrow, Dr. Ivo, Will Magnus, Niles Caulder, Bruce Wayne

Black Panther?

Beast?

Maybe Sinister?

I'd put T'Challa above Beast at least, and Doom above Pym

I love spidey but he can barely fit into this list

>muh company wars

>David Alleyne
That's kinda cheating though

His mutant powers made him Beast + Xavier + Kitty Pryde + all of the other X-men + anyone else he ever ran into when he had his powers

Doom isn't really that smart.

>black panther
>not in the top 8
Damn man, do you even know how to PRETEND that you read comics?

How the "rank" which one is smarter?

And does they take consideration that these character would technically work on different áreas?

I mean, what is even the line of work of Banner and how can you compare it with what Doom studies?

Valeria is smarter than Reed.

I've never understood T'Challa to be a genius-level intellect, more like a master tactician like Steve Rogers or Scott Summer. Am I missing something?

And yeah, the Doom/Pym thing is really tricky. I think, for storytelling reasons, they have to be top 3, because if Pym isn't, like, the 2nd or 3rd, it cheapens the whole "tragic genius" thing, and if Doom isn't, it cheapens the relationship with Reed, which is super important.

Maybe you're right, I gave Pym #2 because I think he's more tarnished by third place than Doom is.

Is she, though? I always saw her as a "going to be the smartest as an adult" thing, but not yet actually that smart.

And I think there's like a difference of Tier between Brashear and Tony, so it made sense to put child Valeria there.

...what's going on in this thread? Is this a joke? Seriously now...Spidey fags are going too far

area of expertise doesn't matter in comics/movies/tv

Beast is a biologist, yet still is treated as the overall "science" guy of the X-Men.

Same with Reed, T'Challa and Pym. they all have very specific specialities, yet are the go-to's for anything science-y.

I think Tony is the only one who gets singled out for his engineering abilities and ignored for almost everything else.

>its that faggot that says that Peter is smarter than Batman.

>muh company wars pt.2

user please rename that file to Ms Carvel

It's very subjective. But one thing is knowledge and other thing is intelligence. Maybe I read a book about, let's say, black holes, and now I know a lot about them. So I go to an architect and he knows shit about black holes, but he sees a situation and can instantly think of a full functional building.

Wisdom is like knowing a bunch of stuff. Inteligence is the ability yo make use of what you know. So maybe Banner knows best than no one about gamma radiation, but Tony Stark has actually proven to be able to adapt to almost everything. Therefore, Stark > Banner.

How do we feel about
>Tim Drake is smarter than Bruce
>Dick Grayson is more agile than Bruce
>Damian is a better fighter than Bruce
>Jason Todd is deader than Bruce

Thing, Sup Forums?

I like it.

>it's that faggot that posted the same stupid picture in both threats and still doesn't realize noone gives a fuck about it

I always liked it, although I prefer
>Jason has more willpower than Bruce
albeit in a 'From Hell's heart, I stab at thee' sort of way.

oh no, I'm not saying Spidey should be that high either.
I'm just saying that Doom shouldn't be top 5. top 10 definitely, but not top 5.

Pete should be considered maybe top 20. He has potential and the ability to be top 10, but he squandered it by becoming Spider-Man.

In the comics hes interned for (and impressed) Reed Richards. Had the opportunity to work for Stark. and is generally regarded as a generic comics science wunderkind.

Tony's a futurist, a master engenieer and he can figure the logic out of everything.

>Peter Parker

I know it's been part of his character basically since his inception, but I'm actually not a fan of Parker being a super-genius. Smart, sure, but it really takes away from the 'regular teen/guy' angle that Spidey works best from when he's got smarts on the levels of the world's brightest.

1. Reed Richards
2. Victor von Doom
3. Hank Pym
4. Bruce Banner
5. Tony Stark
6. T'Challa
7. Hank McCoy
8. Amadeus Cho
9. Who cares?
Peter Parker might be 9, Otto Octavius could be up there as well. I'm sure I'm missing someone.
Valeria is off the list, she's always talked about in terms of potential, I don't think she's there yet though.

No.
Tim Drake is not smarter than Batman.
Damian is not a better fighter than Batman.
Jason Todd is not deader than Batman.
Literally the only thing there that's even remotely accurate is the line about Dick.

What is wrong with you?

She is smarter than everyone which was why I stopped reading FF.

Yeah but banner is hyperspecilised gamma radiation specifically

He and Kitty Pryde always get oversold on intelligence to me. Sure they're smart, like top of their college class, but not world changing levels.

>Invented time travel
>invented non pym particle shrinking/growing technology independent from pym
>top tier force field
>iron man tier armor
>invented near Pym tier AI
>all this while being hte second best wizard on earth
Fuck off

?

what about this guy?

Hickman jerked Valeria off almost as much as he did Doom and showed her being just barely not as smart as Reed

That sucks dick, though.

Then all the Robins are just shittier versions of Bruce. If each of them doesn't have anything to distinguish them, then they're just a waste of space. Why bother training a Robin at all? They're just going to be worse than Bruce.

Is Pym seriously number 2? If he is, then he'd have some respect, even if he fucked up often.

Not that user, but seems to e pretty obvious.

Because having more heroes is good in universe?

>Hickman jerked off Doom
This fucking meme needs to die
>Doom was retarded at the start of the story and had to have Richards unretard him
>Doom loses almost every fight he's in in the story
>Doom becomes a little girl's bitch
>Doom gets BTFO by his own creations when he becomes """""""God""""""""
Actually read a comic and stop spouting Sup Forums memes

1,5 Bruce > 1 Bruce

Simple math, you fucking retarded

I think that's the point. He doesn't get any props for his shit.

Did you read Rage of Ultron? You should read Rage of Ultron.

I'm saying, from a story-telling perspective, the dynamic between Bruce and the Robins is kind of pallid if he's just better than all of them at literally everything.

>I'm just saying that Doom shouldn't be top 5. top 10 definitely, but not top 5.
I'm not sure I agree with that. Doom's whole thing is he's basically the eternal second best.

He's second fiddle to Reeds in brains, second fiddle to Strange in magic, second fiddle to T'Challa in kingdom.

That infinitely bruised ego is what made him an enjoyable supervillain, back when he actually was one.

How public is Valeria's intelligence, though? Enough for her to qualify for an official list like the one Amadeus gets his credentials from?
I'm almost inclined to think that Doom wouldn't be on it, either - it's not like he'd let anyone test his intelligence.

Where do they fit in?

The Robins are young and still have potential to grown, kind of makes more sense.

>second fiddle to T'Challa in kingdom
Is that one true, though? I always got the vibe that he was down with being less than Reed and Steven because he was still top ruler.

Have there been any particular interactions with T'Challa?

>Enough for her to qualify for an official list like the one Amadeus gets his credentials from?
Amadeus got his title from a soap company online contest, it's not really official

I don't know who these people are.
For Damien, I guess, but the rest have graduated.

Nowhere moviefag

I totally remember a Black Panther tie-in where T'Challa and Storm go to Latveria. I think that first Doom send them a gift to their wedding, and then they payed him a visit.

Don't remember how that ended, tho. Not a fight, but I can't remember what Doom wanted to talk about with them.

The issue with Pym is that Pym fucks up as often as he does well, and lets face it - everyone remembers the fuck-ups, just like IRL.

Look at Ultron. He managed to make an easy-bake way to create AI. This is fucking mind-blowing. AI right out of the box.

But of course Ultron was a lunatic and so no one really thinks "Wow Pym you're a fucking genius".

He doesn't have much against T'Challa, but it's pretty much always been established that Wakanda when it's not flooded is pretty much the Bee's Knees in terms of a countries progression.

Latveria is more stable though, given the infighting in Wakanda and Latveria's policing so I can totally be down with anyone who disagrees with me

I read a lot of comics and Hickman's FF/F4 has a fair bit of Doomwank (especially compared to the previous runs). Future Franklin tells young Franklin that all hope lies with Doom, Val makes secret pacts with Doom because he is so much better than Reed and in Secret Wars Doom becomes God-Emperor.

You are right that the amount of Doomwank is exaggerated, in fact my initial post should have been that he "jerked Valeria off even more than he did Doom"

Yo, what about cosmic characters? Are they all pure energy and power? Isn't there like an ultra genious super mind out there? Where's Marvel's Brainiac?

also Pym Particles

Those two are rarely shown to actually be that intelligent. Just other characters jerking them off. Like Richards claiming that if Peter applied himself, he could match him in genius.

Typically when people do the Smartest Characters thing it means humans

>not world changing levels
Peter I can sort of see, considering he made his incredibly versatile webshooters at about 15. He also managed to hack Stark's spidey-suit gift to prevent it from fucking him over during Civil War.

Pryde, well I have no fucking idea what the hell is up with that

>Future Franklin tells young Franklin that all hope lies with Doom
And that turns out to be Doom buying other characters 28 minutes of time so they can do something important while he gets fucked up by Celestials

>Val makes secret pacts with Doom because he is so much better than Reed
No that's because he actually will let her do dangerous shit and respects her intelligence, while Reed (naturally as her father) coddles and over protects her

> in Secret Wars Doom becomes God-Emperor
Not part of FF/F4, but his lackluster Avengers story, completely irrelevant

i think just power creep. She was good with computers and that became super hacker and that became super genius.

More importantly, where does Namor fit into all this?

Is there a single human alive that prefers Aquaman? I would be interested in speaking with them.

>jerked Valeria off even more than he did Doom
He really did wank her to an absurd degree

Spidey is like straight A's in high school smart not "super genius"level.

Then he literally wanked off every intelligent character in the story
>HURR REED WAS SMART HE WAS SO WANKED OFF

I believe the canon is:

1.Reed/Doom
3.Tony Stark
4.T'Challa
5.Banner
6.Beast
7.Pym
8.Cho

After that its a crapshoot:

-Valeria Richards (will be #1 one day)
-Peter Parker
-The Leader
-The Mad Thinker
-The Wizard
-Nadia Pym (Nu-Wasp)
-Dr.Nemesis
-Mr. Sinister
-Dr. Strange
-Doc Ock

>Is there a single human alive that prefers Aquaman? I would be interested in speaking with them.

Ask me anything, satan

Literally who

I'd put Pym above Beast and Banner.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense

At this point I'd shake my fist at the sky and unleash an unearthly cry of rage and pain

"BENDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!"

but I am so whacked out on painkillers I cannot remember if he was responsible for any of that.

Honestly, I love them both.

Namor for his interactions with other heroes
Aquaman for his interactions with his villains

Black Manta is one of the worst villains of all time, but he's also like a guilty pleasure. He is the 3AM McDonald's double quarter pounder of villains.

see While he's not super intelligent in every comic, no one in Marvel is. Marvel intelligence is a plot device more than it is any actual display of prowess.

>Pym at 7
I can't agree with that
Pym is a friggen mindwizard

If Peter Parker is so smart how come his life is a mess?

>84592817
Why, double-satan?

I always thought DC was too afraid to lean into Aquaman in all the ways they could.

Like, Namor has been a hero, a villain, the ruler of a powerful enemy state, anti-hero, Predator-esque stalker monster in The Depths. Aquaman seems really underdeveloped by comparison.

Wisdom is his dump stat

>Black Manta a bad villain
I'm Namor guy, I really like Black Manta. He's just a force of nature, like Bullseye or something.

He doesn't have the complexity of Doom or something, but I still think he's one of DC's best villains, if only for the simplicity.

Pym probably should be higher, but his own crazy tends to get in the way of his smarts

Reed is at conventional Reed intelligence the whole run and rarely gets any big science feats, Val and the other Future Foundation kids cure Ben (only for regular short intervals but still it's a problem that Reed's been working on since the first issues of F4).

>He's just a force of nature, like Bullseye or something.

Bullseye isn't a force of nature, he's an evil piece of shit

>And that turns out to be Doom buying other characters 28 minutes of time so they can do something important while he gets fucked up by Celestials
It's still structured as a big "wow we need Doom to do this because only Doom could do this" thing

>No that's because he actually will let her do dangerous shit and respects her intelligence, while Reed (naturally as her father) coddles and over protects her
Even if it's not wanking his intelligence it's showing how much better a mentor/partner Doom is for Val than her dad.

>Not part of FF/F4, but his lackluster Avengers story, completely irrelevant
I was talking Hickman in general and his tendency to Doom/Val wank so any Hickman Marvel work is relevant.

It's just a matter of taste. Namor is more intersting, but he's more like an edgy sea ruler. I like that Aquaman's stories are all about him being a man of two worlds, and none of them actually embraces him.

Well like I said. I don't think he's well written his ever-changing backstory, while it's become a sign of his dickheadry now, is an example, but I adore him. There is nothing quite like a villain whose sole purpose is to fuck over a hero.

Well so is Black Manta. He butchers civilians for no reason other than that Aquaman is alive.

This makes sense, like Tony Peter has low wisdom but he compensates with his high Charisma.