Brits will unironically defend this

>Brits will unironically defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HfHgUu_8KgA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But the "first" floor is on the ground, therefore, it is the ground floor.

Probably Americans trying to make up for the fact that most of their homes are one story

But the first floor is the first of a total of four floors.

Then it should be

>fourth floor
>third floor
>second floor
>ground floor

You should just skip first because ground floor is the "first" floor. Why do you have two first floors you faggot bitch,

>Americans enjoy debating about this

It's our language, bitch.

>Month/Day/Year

This literally is the most annoying thing about being a commonwealth colony, so I don't know what it says entirely about not being a colony. Yet at the same time I agree with American logic here.

The one on the right is basically used everywhere. Fucking burgertards.

>dumb superstitious ameriburgers actually skip the 13th floor in construction because it's bad luck or some shit

BTFO

British version makes sense if you replace "floor" with "ceiling".

First floor is on the ground's ceiling, second floor is the first floor's ceiling, etc.

If the ground floor is a floor (by virtue of it being called a floor), then it is both the ground floor AND the first floor.

Then again, I'm trying to argue logic with a country that has sinks that dispense freezing cold water and scalding hot water separately with no meaningful way to combine them except plugging the sink and filling it with a combination of the two waters.

here
forgot image

I think you mean:

>fist floor (aka top floor)
>second floor
>third floor
>fourth floor (aka ground floor)

This is the only system that makes sense.
Who the hell counts from the bottom up?

I'm quite sure most of the world uses the "british" system

it's just the 'muricans trying to be different for the sake of being different.

not that it matters anyway

Canada does it the left way, because we're not fucking retarded.... For the most part.
But we also skip the 13th floor which is dumb as shit.

I'll be honest I like the one on the right more, it makes more sense

>not hiding your guns and burgers in your sekrit floor
Eurocucks stay out

>Sky floor
>Third floor
>Second floor
>Ground floor

We also have both counting systems but thankfully most people use then different words for "floor".

Both systems make sense and have their reason to exist.

In the US, I've heard both 'first' and 'ground' used.

>But we also skip the 13th floor which is dumb as shit.

That's an Asian culture thing, so it makes sense

the purpose of this system is because lifts/buildings arent always 1,2,3,4 sometimes you have 50 numbers, letters, basements, worker floors etc, in which case you just want to hit G to get to the front door

I mean it makes sense since you build from the ground up... You have to build the first floor first.

That's dumb as fuck. Literally the only thing they have to say about us is we are fat and dumb. But then they have stupid shit like this, who's really the degenerate society, huh?

>For the most part
Actually, in Hongcouver they often skip the 4th, 14th, and 24th floors (chinese superstition; apparently 4 sounds like "son died") and the 13th floor. They made that illegal for any new buildings after October 2015 (I think old buildings are grandfathered in) because it was confusing the hell out of first responders in emergencies, among other reasons.

I know skipping "4" and numbers with 4 in it is Asian. Not sure about 13.

>not starting with the foundation
is this why american houses all fly away at the slightest breeze?

Both make sense but this is something Sup Forums would discuss not Sup Forums.

dont you mean the 4th and 14th floors?

That's only in Los Vegas.

If it was only one floor would you still say its the 1st floor or is it on the ground

1st floor and ground floor are interchangeable, but calling the second floor the 1st floor is retarded.

Typically "ground floor" is reserved for buildings with elevators.

I can see it from both angles. Either way, you know what they're talking about. Nice slide thread btw.

>British version makes sense if you replace "floor" with "ceiling".

That's basically what we do.
Except we have specific word for any floor that isn't the ground floor.

I see both all the time. I always have people specify

no, thats because we all live in trailers and dont have a ground floor

So according to Americans, this set of stairs has 6 steps because you start counting from the ground you're stepping on?

Really makes u think huh

We do? Maybe some places, older buildings... I rent out condos all over Toronto and they all have 13th floor button in elevator.

Exactly, in Hongcouver, which is an honorary part of Asia now.

everyone but me must learn

if you are civil/structural engineer you gonna use necessarily the american labeling.

Destroyed America in 1 swift post.

/thread

w3 8r17515h r a11 1337 h4x0rz 50 w3 c0un7 fr0m z3r0 l1k3 a c0mpu73r

Texas does weird shit too. The 1st floor is the basement floor to them. I've walked into buildings where the ground floor was the 4th floor.
>Can't into B1, B2...

nah, then we won't know which floor is the sky floor.

wow i hate americans now

AMERICANS BTFO

Number line
Ground = 0
Above ground = +ve nos
Below groung = basement floor x = -ve nos

I defend that too.

You burgers are so fucking stupid. You adapt stupid imperial system but then you invent your "own" system of floors which is even more retarded.

Bottom line. It's our language bitches. Don't like it? Learn Swedish or some other nog gibberish.
#groundfloorforever

That's 5 steps.

kek yanks rekt

Really? It's probably the older ones like you said. I've been living in apartments my whole life, and I've never lived somewhere with a 13th. Most of the apartments I lived in were at least 30 years old.

Because the Brit-way of calling it, is how it is correct.

This triggers the brit

no, 5 steps. moran.

fuck me, this shit triggers me so much when I go to britain.

we count the number of floors same as we count the number of steps. do britbong houses not have a floor on the ground level?

Because the land plots are bigger and you don't need to build up to get the same floor space.

Our single floor homes have more living space that euro multi level homes.

>>
I've heard that, but I've never seen it. This might be a concept that stopped in, say, the 1970s. In Virginia, most of our tall buildings are both new and include the 13th floor.

(You can claim this is an American concept, but I've only heard it from American immigrants from superstitious parts of Europe, e.g. Sicily.)

Some of their houses don't even have water heaters, they have to boil water in a kettle to take a bath

Kek

>thames = temz

It doesn't really make sense because first floor and ground floor are interchangeable by common logic. If the basement(s) are sub-levels, then the "ground floor" is the first "floor" of the house. By the virtue of the fact that the "ground floor" is a "floor" it is the first of the floors. Having a floor and then having a floor above that be the first one doesn't logically follow. Saying that it is "floor 0" makes no sense.

>Snapchat
go away normie

is that mainland china?

rekt

>americlaps BTFO

>Ground floor
really makes you think huh

You need 2 taps, so you can get decent hand support when pissing in the sink

>Too beta to create their own language
>D-Daddy I don't like your rules! >.

The whole 4th floor thug isn't a big deal in China itself. I lived in a flat on the 4th floor of my building and most of the office buildings all had 4th floors. Lived there for a year t-b-h.

>I've heard that, but I've never seen it. This might be a concept that stopped in, say, the 1970s. In Virginia, most of our tall buildings are both new and include the 13th floor.
I travel for work often and I've seen it a couple times in hotels in the US but rarely otherwise.

>(You can claim this is an American concept, but I've only heard it from American immigrants from superstitious parts of Europe, e.g. Sicily.)
Really? 13 is actually generally considered a LUCKY number.

We would call the step at the base the "first step", not the "initial step" and then call the step after that the "first step".

Everybody has snapchat you fucking autistic retard.

Go back to r9k and cry about being a virgin.

If you stack up four apples and then count them, do you call the bottom apple the ground apple and then count the remaining three? No you don't because that's retarded, so why do you do it with floors?

Holdover from when we had to rebuild most of our cities after WW2

youtube.com/watch?v=HfHgUu_8KgA

>Americans have to artificially inflate the value of their houses by starting the count from higher floors

why don't you start calling ground floor 'tenth floor'? At least then you can claim most houses go up to the 11th-12th floor kek

murican system is the correct one

fuck off yuropoors. I always called the ground floor the first floor

and you have done such an incredible job developing it

this triggers the burgerclap.

>Groundfloor
So what floor is the first and second underground floor?

ground floor is FINE - but the ground floor should be the first floor.

having two first floors is dumb as fuck.

>Floor 1 and 13 are missing

This is just a couple of failures away from being just a random collection of numbered buttons

...facially appealing logic; however, the stair is the 'built' entity. Therefore the first 'step' of the built 'stair' would be the first; while the first 'floor' of the built 'building' would be the first.

If a building were built under the ground whereas the top of the floor were equal to the ground level, then Americans do happen to utilize your logic.

Also, you're a Britfag.

You need the space for your flab chariots.

Same in German as in BE.

Although I must admit that counting the ground floor as the first one made more sense to me as a kid, before I learned that it's ground/first/second etc.

>>Americans have to artificially inflate the value of their houses by starting the count from higher floors
No, if you just have a "ground floor" then it's a 1 story/1 floor home. In the US if you have a three story/floor home and you go to the third floor and that's the highest, then you know it's a three story house.

Under the british system, a house with a ground floor, a "first floor", and a "second floor" as its highest floor has three stories. That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Its moron.

And the point he is making is the first step is counted as the one above the ground. So in a house you would count the first floor as the floor you stup up torwards.

It's like that at the Disneyland Hilton. By extension it's probably everywhere.

Yup. And we only do it to attract chinese or jews or something

No it doesn't. Just wondering how someone made a precious burger into sauce and does it taste good?

They must do this to skip 13th floor, and still make it work out.

>be their colony
>tell them to fuck off with their bullshit
>rectify their mistakes

Don't feel bad, Ibrahim. You'll be corrected soon and be speaking some version of lavantine arabic,

Isn't your language identical to Norweigian but neither of you will admit to speaking the other?

Maybe they have dirt floors on their ground floor? I dunno.

>flab chariots

obligatory