DCEU prediction thread. What do you guys think will happen in the coming years?

DCEU prediction thread. What do you guys think will happen in the coming years?

>SS will be okay
>WW will be awful, worse than BvS but people will say it is better for some reason
>Justice League will range from okay to bad, maybe even Batman & Robin-level shit

Too early to speak on Green Lantern Corps, and I don't think they're actively working on anything else right now. Bear in mind, I'm a DCfriend to the core and want nothing more than for the DCEU to be good, but I'm really not okay with all the superheroic murder thus far. I think it's irreparably damaged the integrity of both Bats and Supes, but it doesn't matter. We have what we have and there's only going forward.

I hope it's all good. We deserve these films to be good. We've waited long enough.

I think we'll see a bunch of Sup Forums memes that stifle any quality and retroactively make the movies obnoxious as fuck.

>I think it's irreparably damaged the integrity of both Bats and Supes

Cause Batman never killed in the Burton or Nolan films...

Oh wait...

I don't have any predictions really, but I will say that I'm very interested in seeing the non-Snyder DCEU films as to whether or not they fit into the saga which Snyder is currently doing.

Personally, I really enjoy both Man of Steel and Batman v Superman and am looking forward to Justice League.

I'm also really excited about The Flash too.

>but people will say it is better for some reason
>for some reason
It's alright to call pandering/political correctness/Muh Diversity out for what it is, user. People will pretend it's not nearly as bad as it is for exactly the same reason they're currently pretended the new Ghostbusters isn't nearly as bad as it is (and I actually *liked* the idea when they tried it in the new comics this was just not a very good movie).

Hopefully WB and Snyder redeem themselves by not releasing an incomplete movie again.
WW introduces the Olympian Gods and New Gods concept.
Flash introduces the multiverse concept, maybe a Flash of Two Worlds adaptation?
Superman returns and gets a solo movie, have him fight Metallo or Brainiac and stop with the Jesus allegory already, he's the savior we get it.
Tbh i dont care about BatFleck getting a movie that much, he's awesome and the movie will do tons of money anyways.

A good movie is made

That's the thing though. If the movie is good a bunch of crybaby MRA douchebags are going to say people are only saying it's good because they're trying not to piss off feminists. Also, crybaby MRA types are really fucking loud on the internet.

Which is even more retarded when you take into account that Wonder Woman is a member of the fucking DC Trinity, and is a Golden Age fucking character. The fact that there hasn't been a Wonder Woman film yet is more surprising than the fact that one is coming out in less than a year.

I just want to see more street level heroes on the big screen.

>>Justice League will range from okay to bad, maybe even Batman & Robin-level shit
Not humanly possible.
B&R is among the worst movies ever made.
Ben Affleck's presence alone will elevate it FAR above B&R no matter how crap the rest of it is.

>but I'm really not okay with all the superheroic murder thus far.
Self defense & defense of others isn't murder retard.

Hey now, let's set some realistic expectations here.

>Wonder Woman - Badass.png
>MuhRA crybabies
>"It's unnaceptable that Wonder Woman doesn't have a movie, even though from the JL only Batman, Superman and Green Lantern have solo movies"

Many anonymous friends here have UNIRONICALLY called BvS worse than B&R.

This board is dogshit.

>SS does ok both critically and commercially
>WW bombs
>JL bombs
>most of the planned movies are scrapped
>all we get after that is Suicide Squad 2 and Batfleck
>the CW shows become known as the best portrayal of the DC universe in this decade

Affleck's Batman movie is going to be amazing.
>has made three good-to great movies
>has worked with the two best directors in the biz (Fincher and Malick)

But that's because it is. At least Batman & Robin had fun.

kill yourself

please

i'll talk you through it on skype

>Bear in mind, I'm a DCfriend to the core

How to spot a marveldrone 101.

People are going to both needlessly nitpick the fuck out of and over praise WB and MCU films in the next twenty years while normies moderately enjoy them

Comic movies are dead to me.

What are you arguing? That B&R was less fun than BvS? Or that BvS isn't the worst entry into the Batman movie line up?

Regardless of the DCEU's future quality, it will never reach Marvel's level. The amount of cinematic universes the average moviegoer can tolerate is usually very small.

I hope that DC realizes that massive superhero movies are just a bubble, and get onto the next big craze - Hanna Barbera adaptations.

>Space Ghost
>Johnny Quest
>Herculoids
>Maybe The Impossibles, if they can do them well
>Flintstones vs. Jetsons: Dawn of Grand Dad
>Scooby Doo, with cameos from other crime-solving groups

Let DC reign with CW's shows and animated series.

That
1. NOTHING is worse than B&R.
2. BvS is a good film.
3. There is something wrong with your brain and it would behoove you to remove it from the jean pool.

Batman & Robin wasn't fun. It's fun to make fun of it, not fun to watch.

I'm pissed that WB is so scared of Green Lantern after one failed attempt

If B&R were to have been released in 2016 it would have a certified fresh 110% RT score.

>At least Batman & Robin had fun.
Violent cringe inducing camp isn't fun.

GL wasn't even that bad. It's a fine way to kill time. I'd rather watch it than shit like Thor.

>>Space Ghost
I so strongly want this.

Same.
Parallax cloud was lame, but sinestro was on point.

I agree it wasn't that bad however...
Hemsworth > Reynolds
Loki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Big headed faggot & floating turd Paralax.
Portman < Lively
Hopkins

And yet they aren't scared of Snyder after so many failures

>failures
loving this meme

He's objectively a successful director. All of his movies make a profit, maybe not a huge profit, but a profit nonetheless.

Because no one loves Green Lantern, a few like it, most tolerate it.
But Mos/Bvs its truly love it or hate it.
They have seen that even if a large part of the audience or even the majority hate the films, the people that like them will love and cherish them as I do.

A good movie, the only thing I have faith in is the Shazam movie, and that's simply because of The Rock.

I'm also looking forward to Doc Savage, but that isn't DC.

It's a shame that Chris Pratt is already Star-Lord.
He could be amazing as Guy Gardner.

>Watchmen: flop, lukewarm reception
>Sucker Punch: flop, critical failure
>Man of Steel: underperformed, mixed reactions, making WB force BvS instead of MoS 2
>BvS: underperformed, critical catastrophe, big changes of executives, Snyder is not even going to direct JL 2 anymore

>I-IT DID WELL

Thank you for proving my point. Especially as other members of the Justice League are golden age characters and DC Trinity characters...

Oh wait...

You guys think Superman will be fixed?

I didn't realise how much I wanted to watch him get punched in the face by Ben Affleck until now.

I want a JSA movie, in the same vein as Johns' run. But I don't think it'll ever happen.

Green Lantern and Flash consistently sell more than Wonder Woman

The "trinity" is a meme, user

>Wonder Woman - Really Batman.png

Wouldn't be surprised if another attempt at a Lobo movie is made because of the success of the Deadpool movie showing that an R rating doesn't automatically mean it'll be a money black hole.

It's going to literally be the Detective Comics Cinematic Universe with more movies with Batman, more movies with Joker, and more movies with Harley Quinn

That would be awesome too.

BvS was worse than B&R
BvS is a bad film.
JEEAAANNNNN

Arnold Swartz&nigger was funny! Hilarious watching him do those ice puns. SOMEONE PAID AMERICAN MONEY for him to be in this film. Plus George "Bat-Nipples" Clooney. And Uma Thurman as Poison Ivey. WHAT?! Not only that, this movie was SOO BAD it made a man die. The actor who played Bane died that same year. Additionally, Alicia Silverstone is a fox. Any year.

Come on now. Let's not get carried away.

>Hemsworth > Reynolds

In every possible way that isn't superficial nonsense about looks you're wrong. Chris Hemsworth is a shit actor with no charisma. The Deadpool movie is better than anything Hemsworth will ever do where he isn't being carried by far superior actors

>You guys think Superman will be fixed?
Nothing to fix.
He inherently wants to save people, he looks for the good in people (hence not looking for anything amiss at the senate), he doesn't look down or see himself as above normal people.
Every core aspect of the character is perfectly intact, he just isn't campy or silly anymore and he doesn't pussyfoot around in desperate situations.

>this post

And that's exactly why DC fails.

Y'know, they could adapt Geoff Johns Green Lantern run, albeit changing details to fit this universe and for newcomers. I'd really love to see that.
Secret Origin-Sinestro Corps War-Rage of the Red Lanterns-Agent Orange-Blackest Night-Brightest Day-War of the Green Lanterns
Though with the GL movie being Corps, and it seeming that the DCEU is already alive they could skip Secret Origin and go to Sinestro Corps War.
Imagine a Sinestro Corps War where they use the opening to show Hal Jordan's origin in a brief montage, Sinestro turning evil, etc. instead of retreading the origin.

How about making him talk more? How about not making him angsty and brooding. I'm ok with Superman having internal comflict, but the movies so far have been bad. Looks at Cap, he is literally what Superman should be right now.

>Chris Hemsworth is a shit actor with no charisma
Rush proves otherwise.

Even though the last Batman movies made over a billion each? DC isn't the top dog but I don't see that as failure, especially when all the other publishers are irrelevant

>How about making him talk more?
Talked plenty, the point of him not talking to the public in BVS was intentional that he was making a mistake by not doing so, its called character development.
>How about not making him angsty and brooding.
I want him to be such part of the time, childish smiling idiot Superman wouldn't fit this universe, at least not yet.
>but the movies so far have been bad
Mos was fucking incredible.

It proves how much better an actor Daniel Bruhl is than him. Hemsworth is mediocre at best.

...you don't know that much about Superman right? I don't need Chris Reeves 2.0 I need Superman. And we have t gotten him yet. 2 movies in and he is the weakest link in the franchise. They should take their time to develop him further.

>I need Superman. And we have t gotten him yet
Yes we fucking have. Like I said here every core elements is intact. He is vastly more developed, sympathetic and relatable in MOS/BVS then he has ever been in any film before.

>Suicide Squad will be good. Not amazing but a good foundation to build off of. SS2 will be legitimately great.
>WW will be 'okay'.
>James Wan's Aquaman won't exactly be what hardcore Aquaman fans will want out of an Aquaman movie, having more of a horror-influence, but it will still be good. Not great but good. It will also help to tear down the "Aquaman is ridiculous!" notion that casuals still have.
>Justice League will probably be bad and will damage the image of the DCEU as a whole. However the good news is that Snyder will be out afterwards.
>The DCEU as a whole will improve once Snyder's gone. It will still have a bit of a grounded, more "realistic" feel compared to the MCU but it will also be brighter and more fun, with some exceptions, like the Batman movies, mostly anything connected to Gotham, Justice League Dark, etc.
>George Miller will be brought into the DCEU and will be given one of the following movies to direct (or even multiple of these): MoS2, future JL sequel, or New Gods.
>JLD won't be until their own 'Phase 2 or 3' and may or may not have del Toro involved.
>After Snyder's gone, WB will continue their, "Each movie is the director's vision," strategy they've had so far, being less centralized in tone than the MCU, for better or worse.

Rucka's outrage against the Wonder Woman movie and Gadot's portrayal of Wonder Woman.

I agree with you, but any memester talking about Supes not having enough lines is beyond your help.

Suicide Squad will be fine, score in the mid 70s on RT, maybe even in the mid 80s and make a ton of money because of that. Wonder Woman will be received well due to its simpler story and focus but will criticized for its bleak tone.

Justice League's performance really depends on SS's and WW's reception. If they're seen as good solid movies, JL will probably do well, though I have very little faith left in Zack Snyder's directing skills.

>>James Wan's Aquaman won't exactly be what hardcore Aquaman fans will want out of an Aquaman movie, having more of a horror-influence
But I am a pretty hardcore Aquaman fan and that is EXACTLY what I desperately want.
His hand was shredded by Piranha, his baby was murdered, he keeps Cthulhu imprisoned, he fights deep ones, Black Manta has been transformed in to a humanoid sea monster by the lord of hell before.
Horror & Aquaman go hand and hand.

>>After Snyder's gone, WB will continue their, "Each movie is the director's vision," strategy they've had so far, being less centralized in tone than the MCU, for better or worse.
god I hope so
DC movies have felt like DC comics so far, hiring non yes men (Burton, Nolan, Snyder) that actually give their movies some flavor.

>Horror & Aquaman go hand and hand.
That's an exaggeration and you know it. Aquaman isn't particularly much more horrific than most other Big 2 superheroes. Yeah, some fucked up shit has happened to him, but then some fucked up shit has happened to EVERY other hero.

His hand being eaten by piranha and his baby being murdered are more tragedies than straight up horror.

People sure people forget the period where Black Manta was an actual monster for a reason.

Only point you really have is Cthulhu and that sort of thing doesn't even factor into the Aquaman 'mythos' THAT much.

I swear to fuck if they make the Aquaman movie meta or campy I will burn this mother fucker down.

Good for you. It'd be putting the DCEU out of it's misery.

>I swear to fuck if they make the Aquaman movie meta or campy I will burn this mother fucker down.
I hope you aren't the same fuck who thinks that anything that isn't gritty realism is "camp".

meme

'kay

>Only point you really have is Cthulhu and that sort of thing doesn't even factor into the Aquaman 'mythos' THAT much.

Yeah, but wouldn't a movie about that be fucking great?

Personally I'm sad that they're using New Gods for the first Justice League movie and not based Starro.

Starro could work so well as this Lovecraftian monster with mind-control and nuke absorbing powers.

I have a feeling I'll never see Starro brought to life on the big screen, but a man can dream.

>I swear to fuck if they make the Aquaman movie meta
They better not make a thing of people being like "Oh, you talk to fish, how pathetic," and show Aquaman being a badass showing them up. It's needlessly pandering to that stupid meme, and instead of pointing to Aquaman and saying "See, he's a badass, you guys are wrong," just show what Aquaman is capable of and we can fill in the rest.

>Yeah, but wouldn't a movie about that be fucking great?
Sure but then you could say that about anything. Ultimately it's the execution of ideas that matters.

>Personally I'm sad that they're using New Gods for the first Justice League movie and not based Starro.
>Starro could work so well as this Lovecraftian monster with mind-control and nuke absorbing powers.
>I have a feeling I'll never see Starro brought to life on the big screen, but a man can dream.
Agree with all of this though. Starro would be so much better than fucking Steppenwolf.

What they should've done was started out with Starro or something else, like the White Martians (introducing J'onn this way as well), then introduced the New Gods in their own movie. Or maybe introduced Intergang in BvS or MoS2 and use that to lead into a New Gods movie.

>he doesn't look down or see himself as above normal people.

anyone can act cocky.

Agree with this 100%. For fuck's sakes, the dude is basically Golden Age Superman on land, pretty much Superman underwater, can control sealife, which is much more badass than it sounds, has a hot, badass wife who herself has the same abilities more or less, minus the ability to control sealife, but has the ability to manipulate water with her mind, and finally, is the king of Atlantis, meaning he's got all the resources of Atlantis at his disposal. Or should at least. They should do more with that.

Point is, Aquaman is completely impressive on his own. The whole thing of people not finding him impressive in-universe has never really made sense. If he existed in real life, we'd think he were some real shit. And lesser characters captivate audiences as well. It's so stupid.

Hopefully with that Justice League Dark movie, they give Constantine a solo movie, much like how there's talk of a Harley Quinn movie after Suicide Squad. I really liked the Constantine tv show, and Hellblazer works for the horror genre. Also call the damn thing Hellblazer.

Its not, but I do actively want gritty immerse-ness so it feels realistic.
Like Doomsday conceptually isn't realistic but they made it feel real in Bvs because they played it straight and serious.

I have a feeling Kara is gonna be at the beginning of the Justice League movie when it's doing a flashback. 20,000 years doesn't match up with the 30,000 that's being predicted by leaks, but it's not set in stone.

Made me kek

The only thing they need to do in the Aquaman movie to make him seem badass is just have him play and have fun with some creepy ass sea monsters like it's no big deal

Maybe Topo can be some big ass Kraken he and Mera take care of

The new logo looks great with the SS lights behind it.
I had this exact thought the other day. But hey, if Ryan Reynolds can play both Hal and Wade, why not Pratt?

bump

>ww will never step on you

Batman & Robin killed careers of everyone involved, though. JL probably won't do that.

Doesn't Pratt has a conctract that makes him unable of playing any character in the DCEU until the last avengers movie?

Yes, but not by Snyder.

Superman needs a new movie directed by a really high-caliber pop director. Somebody like Abrams or Gore Verbinski or Rian Johnson. It should have pretensions of deepness that don't really go anywhere, but above all else it should be fun to watch and it should convey a great warmth and love for everything involved. Snyder's Supes is too cold. He should overflow with cheer and joy and goodwill.

The only accurate post in this thread

I fucking loved both MoS and BvS, but I'm not so sure if I'll like the upcoming movies.

>Suicide Squad
The whole Enchantress stuff and Joker as final boss? Meh. Also, possible solo movies for the characters? Come on! Meh, meh and meh.

>Wonder Woman
Not muh Azz Wondie. I really hate the whole feminist utopic fantasy immortal wymyn stuff, it's so forced.

>Justice League
Steppenwolf? B-but I want Darkseid now...

>The Flash
Lord and Miller not directing it anymore. Meh. Fucking Disney.

>Aquaman
If the underwater scenes end up looking like that one in BvS, it'll be shitty shit crap.

>Justice League 2
"Oh, look, the Apokolips baddie we should've introduced last movie will be the big bad now!"

>Shazam, GLC, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, Dark Universe et cetera
Will they even happen? Fucking Disney buying the critics killed DCEU and the Warner hacks now want to make HARLEY QUINN movies! Argrhgrhgagahgaghahagagagag, where's my Red Lantern ring?!?!?

>the Krypton SyFy series
Oh, I think it'll be okay.

>James Wan's Aquaman won't exactly be what hardcore Aquaman fans will want out of an Aquaman movie
>hardcore Aquaman fans
I mean, he's a cool character, but i doubt the 3 hardcore Aquaman fans want anything more than a good movie

Please God let Aquaman & More Importantly Mera be revealed to have bronze & emerald outfits of pic related material.
I can fucking work!!!

>There will never be a Wild Dog movie

INCH HIGH PRIVATE EYE

>This board is dogshit.
Freeze in hell.

>Like Doomsday conceptually isn't realistic but they made it feel real in Bvs because they played it straight and serious.
Are you fucking serious? Doomsday isn't anything but a giant, intimidating, nigh-invincible monster. How can you do anything BUT play him seriously? He has no real personality other than, "Kill and destroy everything in sight." I don't even really like Doomsday but that there are people out there who think like you worries me. Like, considering how one-dimensional Doomsday is, it's pretty fucking hard to fuck him up.