The Legend of Korra

What went wrong, lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Season 1 and 2.

korra

Korrasami not because lesbians but because Korra never got jelly or had moments where she got confused at her own blushing

Poor pacing, too much focus on romance drama, poor conflict resolution. Particularly the first season seemed to set up several character arcs in the first 3 episodes, then let them slip.

Imagine if Nolan went through and made a movie about CIA, that's what Korrasami is.

So as not to rehash what has already been said too much. Some overlap is okay, but the above thread is recent enough.

Needed a sexy beach episode

Sup Forums's unrealistic expectations for cartoons.

>Korrasami not because lesbians but because Korra never got jelly or had moments where she got confused at her own blushing
I feel the ending was such and asspull, and not for the lesbianism, but because they didn't build a relationship properly

We always have threads on what went wrong.

Why don't we have a thread on what went right?

The music

Man that seems like a recurring theme for shitty stuff

Homestuck is bad, but that music

Modern Adventure Time is bad, but that music

Any Yoko Taro game will have terrible gameplau, but that music

>Lads
Welcome to a shitpost, ladies and gentlemen.

No head writer Aaron to fix Bryke's shit.

U having a cheeky Nandos, m8? It's just a bit of banter

Season 1 had potential but not enough episodes to do things right. Especially with Amon.

It would have been great if Amon's scars and sob story were also real. He had to grow up somewhere and come up with the bloodbending technique, so he could have been adopted by a farming family only to lose them to bandits.

It just feels like the season 1 finale should have been it's midpoint with Korra having to retreat to face them again later.

The writers.

Fucking everything. Everything went wrong.

It had to live up to at least being as good at AtLA, but it was so bad in comparison. Such a disappointing way to end what was a good franchise.

This, they gave the writers too much liberty.

I like the part where Amon turned out to be a bender and it completely invalidated all of the equalist protests.

Also completely justifying Korra threatening the guy in the park just for disagreeing with her. I liked how it actually went into the opposite of character growth and just had her be magically right for the dumbest reasons.

>I feel the ending was such and asspull, and not for the lesbianism, but because they didn't build a relationship properly

The whole series was an asspull because pretty much every relationship was forced out the ass.

Grossly incompetent protagonist who managed to screw up royally despite having basically all the world's leaders backing her up each time.

no multi book main story arc.

a bunch of crap because book 1 and 2 were bought separately.

korra never grew as a person.

>despite having basically all the world's leaders backing her up each time.

Nothing ever came of this.
The nations didn't want to get involved in the others' business until Kuvira despite Kuvira sticking to the Earth Kingdom when in fact the antagonists from 1,2, and 3 were actually gunning for the whole world.

Korra didn't have the council's support in 1.

The North became evil in 2 for no reason, the South was powerless, and Raiko didn't want to get involved yet still set up the military around the capital city.

The Earth Queen just wanted to live in her palace far away from her people.

And the in 4 we meet Izumi who would only volunteer defense but never offense.

The soundtracks to the Star Wars Prequels are John Williams' finest work.

You tell me. I overall enjoyed Korra, minus a few small things.

And 4

They had no balls to go through with their storylines

S1
>here is an interesting story about bending privilege
>fuck you hes actually a bloodbender who has daddy issues

S2
>here is an interesting story about industrialization and losing touch with the spiritual world
>fuck you here's DARK FUCKING AVATAR

S3
>here's an interesting story about power and the self-indulgence of a ruling class
>eh it was ok but the anarchy bit was underexplored

S4
>here is an interesting story about revolution
>fuck you here's a girl with mommy issues and a giant gundam

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
let the animators do a writers job

last airbender
>blood, lightning and metal bending only available to single characters that are viewed as one of the strongests of their kinds.

legend of Korra
>everyone and their grandma can do it

>republic city
>governed by non elected council

I don't even know how to describe Korra succinctly.

ATLA
>fun-loving kung fu practitioners go adventuring, get in challenges above their head but rise to the challenge

Korra
>?

Korra is just a jumbled mess to me, I'm not sure what I was supposed to get out of it. It's the difference between the Star Wars original trilogy and the prequels.

>"Avatar Korra"
>never solve anything herself
>is a massive cunt
>get mad if called out on it
>get told for a whole season her spirit connection is shit
>pull airbending out of her ass, talk to Aang for no reason

>Bolin's only trait is being a retard

Korea isn't incompetent, she's just unlucky

>MAKE UP
>UNDER
>A MASK

>gets blasted into water by Korra
>goes away
>save brother for whatev the fuck reasons
>ride into the sunset
>brother goes allahu akbar

Not making Amon the main antagonist of the series and giving him a shitty backstory.

It suffers the same thing ATLA suffered where the villains were an entire country of Firebenders now that the Firebenders are chilled out now ATLA has no fucking villains at all thats why LOK shouldnt exist because all of the villains are pathetic attempts to try and create doom on this planet I mean seriously Vaatu what the hell.

The same thing that went wrong with Star Wars Prequels.

I think it was mostly decent until the end of season 1. Whoever thought that it made any fucking sense for Amon, when knocked into the water outside in front of hundreds, to fly in the fucking air with a god damn water vortex should get suicide bombed by their brother.
Also, those episodes with the first avatar made no sense and pretty much ruined bending.

Bad writing and rushed seasons. They also felt the need to shit on stuff from the last series like the past avatars providing guidance and separation of humans and Spirits like it was problematic.

I don't understand the whole "rushed seasons" thing. Don't they know how many episodes they'll have to work with? Shouldn't the story be written to fit the space they have?

If you know you're only going to have 12 episode to do a mini series why waste at least two episodes worth of screen time on pro bending shit?

>Elder God tier
Varrick
Zuko

>God tier
Iroh

>Great Tier
Sokka
Bolin
Aang
Toph
Zaheer

>Good tier
Mako
Tenzin
Amon
Suki
Ju Li
Ming Hua
Azula
Ghazan
Lin

>Meh tier
Katara
P'Li
Jinora
Iki
Suyin
Ozai

>Bad tier
Kuvira

>Shit tier
Korra
Milo

I firmly believe that things would have been better if the series stuck to Amon and how the world was moving into an industrialized age where bending is no longer the sole source of power and the conflict between benders and non-benders. I also think that the series could have all taken place within republic city.

Why the fuck they made Amon a bloodbender is beyond me. The plot went straight into smarmy revenge territory.

That would be boring thank god the writers didnt take your idea at all.

The animation was good for the most part, especially season 1. The concepts for each season and such weren't bad either, I'd still want to watch a season about spirituality being neglected in the modern world.

I also liked most of the characters, exception being Mako mostly because of season 1. I just felt like they never utilized the interesting things about the character very well.

>Ctrl + F
>"Aaron Ehasz"
>0 Results

Yeah, just like Legend of Korra.

shipping and amon being a bender

Then it makes me more confused as to why people don't like it.

Not enough pic related

That hardly seems like a fair answer considering it was the sequel series to TLA which was fantastic.

/thread

S3 only had good villains. Every time they weren't on screen it still sucked.

>korra getting all awkward around asami
>all the discomfort she experiences
>asami already there but playing around with a girl that's unsure
>that point where they get together and you just know they must've banged by the time the show ends

Not even a shipperfag but I like it when stuff like that happens. It's cute and if it isn't drawn out or rushed, it's great.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> u fucking faggot

Not sure what you mean, none of that happened in LoK.

Pretty much all of it.

idk. It wasn't like BOOM we relationship now.

It was more of a lets act on our feelings thing and see where it goes by going a date to the spirit realm.

We don't know if it will be a success or not but we korrasammi fags can imagine its the beginning of a wonderful relationship.

Read the reply chain, moron

nothing it was pretty ight

I did, which is why your reply makes no sense at all.

Open wide baby, it's spoon feeding time

>Korrasami -not- because lesbians but because Korra NEVER got jelly or had moments where she got confused at her own blushing

We see here the first commenter say that Korrasami was bad because there was NO build-up

The second guy(who wasn't me either, idiot) who replied with the greentext was pigbacking off the first comment, describing a hypothetical scenario that never came to be

Everyone but you knew this, and understood it. Yet you still had to spew your dense horseshit

>describes a situation that doesn't happen
>likes said situations in relation to Korrassami.

I just pointed out that it didn't happen in case he was delusional enough to think it did.

> spoon-feeding a retarded child
you realize that's a baby, right?

>What went wrong, lads?
She remained clothed and did not shake her tiddies like she did in S1. Also, that awful butch cut at the end.

All of it.

Tonraq was not the MC

Female butch lesbians are disgusting.