Casting Thread

We may be getting casting news this weekend at comic con, so share your casting ideas, hopes & dreams.

>This thread again. Prepare for shitposts.

I'd like whats her name from Fringe as Carol. Too bad it wont happen.

She's great but I don't think Carol deserves a live action adaptation.

>She's great but I don't think Carol deserves a live action adaptation.
Agreed but we are getting one regardless.

They could do with someone youngish, if they are planning to keep the character around for a while. So far that's been the biggest mis-step in the MCU. Contracts.

What they needed were (more) relative unknowns with loose long term contracts. At this point we are facing losing two thirds (?) of the cast, to the point the MCU Avengers will be unrecognizable soon. Losing Iron Man, Captain America and Thor around the same time is going to hit hard.

It was a good move to cast a real teen as teen Spidey. If they can keep him contracted, he could be their lynchpin character for a decade or even two.

Cast right, Captain Marvel could also be a long-stay.

I mean, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Black Widow (hell, how long can they keep her?), Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Wanda and maybe the Hulk? That's a pretty pathetic Avengers team. Sure, not power-wise, but none of them are... well, lets just say it. For the Avengers, Cap, Iron Man, and Thor are basically the trinity.

They might keep Vision around, but I reckon he'll bite it in Infinity War.

>They could do with someone youngish
Very worried about this, if she is too young she won't be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with Cap leadership wise.

They could take the chance to do Dark Avengers and New Avengers though.

No one but Michael Ironside can be Darksied.

Carol has never been young.

>No one but Michael Ironside can be Darksied.
That IS Michael Ironside.

Starbuck was basically alcoholic Carol, minus the super powers.

Honestly It really is surprising to me that they haven't touched the non Marvel/Dc characters since the explosion of superhero films.
We were suppose to get a Witchblade & Darkchylde film but nothing has come of them.

Obviously I don't mean teenaged. But if the actress was in her mid to late twenties, that gives her a decade or so before she visibly ages in any major way across what is likely to be maybe 3 in-setting years.

Remember, we are barely what, four years into the timeline since Iron Man? And that's only because, in-universe, they went for a relatively slow build across all the origin stories. The vast majority of the more recent stuff has all occured within a year or so. Films and TV.

It's been 8 years man. RDJ has visibly aged, albiet likely due to lifestyle. Hawkeye has too, his actor being in his 40s. As has Johanson, but less noticeably.

Holland on the other hand is going to hit around 23, and then look basically the same into his late 30s.

Batfleck better put this in the next movie.

Does The Spirit count? It is technically DC, but only tangentially. And it flopped hard, which might give you a reason why they dont try often.

I want Michael C. Hall as Jim Corrigan in a Spectre series.

>Obviously I don't mean teenaged. But if the actress was in her mid to late twenties, that gives her a decade or so before she visibly ages in any major way across what is likely to be maybe 3 in-setting years.
The movies move in real time, user.

Anna Torv?

all girls look the same when they have that stupid haircut

>Sam Neil as Stormin' Norman
To whom do I make out the cheque?

>We were suppose to get a Witchblade film but nothing has come of it.
When? There was the show way back in 2001-2002.

Bitch can't act though.

To be fair it's Emma Frost so it's not like there's much depth to her character. Her being wooden wouldn't really matter.

Who's bottom left.

you never watched Body Heat

This personification of human perfection as Carol Danvers

Was announced in 2008 and we got this poster and then nothing.

Forever and ever.
Is OK too.

The older woman is Antje Traue (faora in man of steel)
The blonde is Anya Taylor-Joy from the Witch.

>Knoxville as plastic man
holy shit

Ruth and Elephant. Great taste.

I don't even really care about Danvers, but I want dat statue.

I want Antje Traue cast for literally anybody. Just get her back on the big screen.

From previous thread.

The Question

Seconded.
If you don't know she was just in Criminal with Gadot & Costner.

She's a terrible actress though.

Worst part of Fringe.

Boy it's been 8 years since Iron Man. In real time and in the timeline. The MCU moves in realtime

bro, this has been top favorite fan casting for over a decade and WB will never do it because we're stuck with retards

>Duchovny > NOPE
NOT BASED COMBS
The fucker could emote though a brick wall.

>we're gonna get ugly butch dyke Carol instead of blonde bombshell Carol

Yes

and yes I know Reedus is older than Hunam but I can't think of anyone else.

Guy Gardner

Nah. John Cena.

Faaaaa and Get Kevin Grievoux to write/direct this shit too.

Him pissing Batfleck off would be worth it alone.

>we're gonna get ugly butch dyke Carol instead of blonde bombshell Carol

You know, the Marvel movie producers have been a little smarter than the comics creators, when it comes to choosing the most iconic version of the hero to film. I'm hoping that they understand (how could they not) that the current masculine version of Carol is not what 95% of the audience wants. Even the audience who doesn't know who she is, doesn't want the current version.

Captain Marvel movie.

This, but they can't get rouge and spider woman

But we got the Rock as Black Adam

She can be the current version without being an "ugly butch dyke".

>Monica played by a 20 something double mulatto

I question Cillian Murphy, but some people seem to have a boner for him.
My image of Scott is between his sideburns and great hair as drawn by Kirby, and his one appearance in the DCAU in the JLU episode.
But I can't suggest someone better though, so nevermind.

>Granny Goodness
>Ed Asner in drag

I'm guessing you want them to adapt the Judas Contract as why the fuck else would you ever want Terra in anything?

Odd, none of those characters look a thing like Billy Batson?

>u

>Aubrey Plaza as Raven

I'd watch it.

Snipes is way too short to be a Supes analog

All this talk about Carol and there's been no decision over who's going to play the coffee cup.

What you you really want for Monica is someone with a N'awlins accent so thick they have to use subtitles for her dialogue. Looking at imdb now and Reece Withoutherspoon is the only 'name' actress from New Orleans. Wonder if it's go down well if they tried her in blackface?

Shazam? He's not been cast yet either.

Reminder:
>Fawcett 1939-1953 - 14 years - basically sued out of existence by DC in a nasty little bit of corporate lawyership.
>Marvel 1967-2016 - 49 years - evil ol' Stan decides to grab the name seeing as its out of use.
>DC only acquired Fawcett's IP in 1972 - they've never actually had the rights to the title and now it's just Shazam for them.

Marvel's had the rights to the title for nearly half a century now. All the DC fans acting butthurt about it on Fawcett's behalf are being hypocrites.

It was a joke. Don't take it so personally Captain Autism.

But user, she was a literal angel.

Yat is pretty understandable as far as accents go; Cajun is the nigh-incomprehensible accent.

He can do action hero though - and he used to be considered as a serious actor before his career went all action blockbuster.

It's just copypasta from the threads where it is taken seriously.

My Irish goddess but she's probably to pure to be tainted by Disney

*too

She's just perfect
She's beautiful, a commanding actress witih talent and physicality
She was first choice or Scarlet Waifu before Olsen

I just want to see her flying around ;_;

>they are dark / not white skinned therefore they must be cast as black people

hate this

hate millennials

hate my generation

>Hurr..black people I'm triggered now.

This is a fan cast thread , kiddo. Calm your tits. All though i do hate you millennial fuck buckets as well so we can agree on that

No they are just the best actors I could come up with for the Job.
And I want Sinestro/Natu to have a darker toned skin color them say Gamora does in GOTG.

If Dylan O'Brian didn't die he woulda been perfect as Kyle Rayner

they could quasi incorporate the Reynolds GL into this modern mythos and have Hal go crazy and kill everyone and Kyle be the kid with the all-powerful ring in the JL full of established