Iron Man 2020

So, 2020 is coming up in 3.5 years, whats Marvel going to do with him? Unlike Marvel 2099 which is still 83 years off, this shit is right about to happen, which is going to cause a whole fuckload of plotholes.

I mean, Gillen already went through the work of setting him up for it. Really it's just a matter of having Doom and Riri continue being Iron Man, then have Arno take over in 2019, launch the book as Iron Man 2020, and then bring Tony back in 2021.

>Implying Marvel will give a single fuck about Iron Man 2020

>Riri
>Riri Wiliams
I just want you to take a moment and appreciate that name. I grew up with black guys who had names so fucking absurd they'd just insist on being called john.

Prove it

Didn't Marvel pretty much say the 2020 era is either an alternate timeline or a parallel universe at this point?

That said, a mini-event where Arno tries to make his era happen in the main continuity a-la Flashpoint would definitely be the "Marvel Method" knowing their track record lately. House of Ideas, and all that.

i mean it's just bendis trying to be hip with a Rihanna reference isn't it

Does Marvel even care about Arno anymore?

Not in the least. This thread is pointless.

Does anyone even care about arno

Would have been nice if there had been some interesting tie-in story involving some interaction between Tony and a bastard son where Arno becomes Iron Man for a couple of years. Unfortunately,companies just ignore and not give a shit at all about their future eps when time catches up.

Pretty much. Plus sliding timeline etc.

The Stark name is Arno's birthright! That adopted drunkard has no claim over it.

I'll probably be dead by 2020 anyway.

The future changes all the time though. There's been at least one event in time that has changed the future enough for this future to have been wiped.

Oh God I didn't even get that. That's definitely what it is.

He looks like a Mega Man boss. Was the artist even trying? Did "futuristic" mean "more blocky crap sticking out" back then?
Amazing how style has changed. Now everything from the future is an ipod.

Sliding timescale he is now iron man 2030

He was in Uncanny Avengers

Hopefully we can get Bendis off of Iron Man before then.

He's almost off of GotG. It only took a few years. We can make it

>2020: The Iron Man Crossover Event
>writers come up with contrived reason for Machine Man to get involved
>kicks Arno's ass
>meanwhile, incognito Tony Stark laughs to himself about how much of a noob Arno is
These were the best parts of the 2020 stories. Just do them again.

Probably say that with Reed Richards rebooting the universe that future doesn't exist any more.

Frankly I'm more interested in what they'll do when 2099 comes around, assuming comics are still a thing in 80 years.

Her name is riri? Like calling someone a retard?

>assuming comics are still a thing in 80 years
Even if they're not still around then, Stan Lee somehow will be.

>When Woolie goes to restaurants and the waiter asks his name, he just replies Will.

I knew a fucker growing up whose birth certificate has "Strawmann Brown" written on it because his mother wanted him to 'find a brain growing up."

We all just called him Bill. He got it legally changed. Not the brightest motherfucker I ever knew but there's something to be said for a man who actively seeks to rise to his own level of incompetence and make as little waves as possible once he has a cushy vantage point to ride down to his 401k.

See that's dumb as hell but you've only saddled a fictional character with a pop culture reference for a name. I've seen kids with names that reference crappy songs and movies no one remembered a year after they were off the charts much less 20.

wait that's literally his name? I always thought that was a nickname or something,

>which is going to cause a whole fuckload of plotholes.

You really haven't grasped this multiverse thing at all, have you.

He's the Iron Man of Earth-8410, which is a universe that diverged from our own decades ago. It doesn't matter that Sunset Bain isn't running 616 any more than it matters that all the superheroes are still alive there, because they're different universes.

Besides which, with the sliding timeline being what it is, he's not the Iron Man of 2020 - he's now the Iron Man of 2050.

Nothing, 2099 is not the actual year 2099 a fuck load of time passed no one knows how many years and they call it 2099 because yes. At least that's how I remembered

That reminds me, since they had a pretty sick crossover:

>Deaths' Head will never make a proper return to Marvel and the best we'll get is DH2.0 cameos