Love for The Caped Crusader

Hey there Sup Forums

Currently in a really dark place and would really appreciate it if we could see some love for Bruce "I'm the Goddamn Batman" Wayne.

Whether it's things they love about him; obscure facts; funny/dumb panels; random theories one might have about him; and favorite runs/interpretations. Basically just anything positive for the World's Greatest Detective.

Sorry for making a bit of a hug-box thread but:

>tl;dr Batman thread

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/ojCKFbI.gif
store.steampowered.com/app/498240/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Batman's pretty cool.

best batman

I think that Bruce is fucked in the head and Terry is cooler as Batman.
I love Bruce, though.

OP here, there's nothing wrong with Dick-Bats or Terry-Bats.

My fave Batman story is The Dark Knight Returns. My favorite canon story is A Death in the Family.

This was my favorite Batman toy as a kid. Even though he was basically Iron Man. Who cares, he was shiny!

Can we play spot the Bat in Azz Joker, anons? Please, before I...?

Even when Batman puts on power-armor he still has way more fucking style than Tony "I'm a selfish, drunk asshole" Stark.

God, do you know how hard it is to break the stock and receiver of a gun with your bare hands?

Terryfag here.
My two favorites are Batman: Year One and The Long Halloween.
I also like TDKR old man Bruce and especially TDKR Joker.
What do you think of Batman Beyond end game Bruce?

>Implying it's anything of the sort for the goddam Batman.

>pic related

I liked Batman Beyond when I watched it as a young teenager but haven't seen it in years. I must admit I never picked up any Batman Beyond comics, but I do really like the premise, just can't remember much of it. I did rewatch Batman: The Animated Series recently though and loved it so might check out Batman Beyond soon.

Also, it sort of works in my own bullshit head-canon of what I view as the canon of Batman and what I don't view as in canon.

It's probably my biggest problem with Under the Red Hood is that it doesn't work with my view of Batman even though Under the Red Hood is a great story.

I seriously don't like the Morrison run. Seriously. But I wouldn't pretend he didn't "get" what makes Batman cool. I thought the themes and plots were pretty crap, but stuff like this, where he's put in an awful situation and he has a way out ready because that's how he wins? That's always good.

It's why I was disappointed in Batman #2 that came out a couple of weeks ago where they talk about nothing being impossible for Batman. It was a downer. I want things to be impossible for him, but he cheats death by being a step ahead.

>What do you think of Batman Beyond end game Bruce?

I think he got utterly fucked, with every half decent thing in his life stripped away due to his obsession with the mission. I think it's a clear progression from the early relatively human and occasionally jovial Batman of the early DCAU, to the hardened cynical man he was in the later JLAU, to the bitter and yet still-not-broken old chessmaster in your image.

It's as fucking perfect as it is tragic.

No one ever expects the Batman to have a happy ending in anything except the comics, which will never give him it due to lack of progression. It hurts me deep inside that DCAU Bats never got to be with Diana in any deep and meaningful way, and aside from the comic retcon as to why they didn't work out I really doubt Wonder Woman was ever going to give in til she snared him (it's not in her character) suggesting a dark fate for her too, but again, Beyond is practically perfect as an 'ending'.

>wonderbat
disgusting

Okay, so you've pretty much sold me on Batman Beyond with that post. As the OP I give you the highest of fives.

>I must admit I never picked up any Batman Beyond comics
And you better never pick 'em up, they're really bad.
They killed Terry and Tim Drake is now Beyond bats

Bruce had a hard life

Go watch it now, it's schway

Can't handle canon, eh, user?

His dog is called Ace.

Image related:

That makes sense inside the DCAU universe, but Bruce had a dog called Ace way before JLU

Isn't the dog's actual name something else and the dog's nickname is Ace?

To clarify, I believe there are 'two' Beyond comics. The spoilered one takes place in the main DC setting. I think there is another that fills the gaps in the DCAU ending to Beyond and the distant ending in the last JLU episode. That one isn't terrible, but I still don't consider it canon, as it answers questions I prefer not to ask due to the mystery being better.

In Forever Evil it also states that they've fucked.

Either way. Ties nicely into the tragedy that is DCAU Batman. Despite how stony he is towards the end of JLU, you can tell from little things how much being the Batman is costing him.

Indeed. I'm hoping, and it does seem like it will, that the DCEU follows the WonderBats subtext. There was enough in BvS. And Superman isn't a factor due to Lois.

Makes sense, as more Batman fans followed the DCAU show growing up than have ever read comics, and it was teased for-fucking-ever.

>that pic
Man, they didn't even try to CGI Ben's face into the stuntman's face.
Great scene, though.

>I still don't consider it canon, as it answers questions I prefer not to ask due to the mystery being better
That's wise of you, some questions are better left unanswered

I don't like shipping them per se, but I do like the idea that they occasionally flirt and fuck.

How can there be so much shit taste in one thread?

Milligan's Batman/Detective Comics issues were great.

I don't mind WonderBat, even though I prefer BrucexSelina
>tfw they only mention her one time in Batman Beyond

>I don't like shipping them per se, but I do like the idea that they occasionally flirt and fuck.

Works for me too. After all, I do ship them, but I don't see her particularly like life as Mrs Wayne or Wonder Woman in Gotham.

>This image. Implying they wouldn't find a way to make Bruce not age if they ever decided to do this story in full. Implying there wouldn't be a last minute 'miracle' as a reward for their valiant lives and sacrifices.

Fuck off you scrawny little clown. Br- Batman isn't into dye jobs and lipstick.

>Great scene, though.

It's my favorite part of the whole movie. Throwing the crate at the goon is just so fucking perfectly Batman. I doubt any other director would have something so comic booky in their movies, but here we have Batman throwing a crate at some asshole.

I think Batman is more attracted to Selina, and were he not Batman I think they would have married. But his relationship with Diana is more like friends with benefits.

I think it's pretty much accepted that the love of Bruce's life is Selina. And he's even said it in more than one occassion (for example, Heart of Hush).

When he marries or settles definitely with a woman, no matter in which universe, it's always Selina.

My favorite part of the warehouse fight is this one: i.imgur.com/ojCKFbI.gif
Classic Bruce, doesn't kill but isn't afraid of making some random hench tetraplegic.

It's interesting how Selina talk with him about giving up his vigilante life and go live a normal life with her in Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader, but he refuses.
Bruce's way too obsessed with his mission.

The reason wonderbat works is everyone bruce keeps close dies

basically giving the most vulnerable man, with the most to lose, the woman that is superhuman and won't be as fragile as the other things he loves.

basically has someone to back-up the man who has a plan and gives himself for everyone else that is stronger then he is

I'm usually a man who thinks we've got a bit of a Batman over-saturation problem, but I will always be a fan of Hal/Bruce team ups.

I had this one

I love it when Bruce is overly dramatic and paranoid as fuck.

Because gays and full on serious gay relationships get enough shit in comic books and making you and him a canon thing is just a can of worms the world isn't ready for.

>Superman isn't a factor due to Lois
Also, y'know......

>Also, y'know......

Know what?

Just getting into Batman for the first time as a Marvelfag. Don't know where to start so starting with New 52. Pretty fucking insane so far, loved the Court of Owls storyline, one of the creepiest comic storylines i've read.

For the time being, at least.

OP here, I'm going to recommend you some Batman stories so you can get deeper into it. Also, unlike a lot of bullshit contrarians on here I'm not against Snyder's run on Batman. So recommendations are:

>Batman: Year One
>Batman: The Long Halloween
>Batman: Dark Victory
>Batman: A Death in the Family
>Batman: RIP
>Batman: The Killing Joke
>Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth

And of course, the best Batman story of all time

>The Dark Knight Returns

Enjoy the greatest superhero of all time, and the greatest character in modern literature.

i wouldn't recommend dkr to a new reader purely because it has a unique characterization of batman that's not fully realized in any other stories

it has the best joker and is pretty much the best story but it should probably be read after most canon stuff like the court of owls and the other stuff recommended

>Recommending RIP to a newbie and without Batman and son and Black glove.

On a totally separate note: It pisses me off so fucking much when people talk about how the Death of Superman "killed" death in comic books.

The Death of Superman turned him into a fucking god because he didn't stay dead. Superman was always meant to be the "greatest" man, hence his fucking name as Superman and what is a greater enemy to defeat than death?

Is the story presented schlock? Sure, but that doesn't make the idea behind The Man of Tomorrow overcoming death any less meaningful.

>fuck you Max Landis

year one is pretty fucking rad too

The dude said he's new to Batman, he didn't say he's new to comics.

Also, the Dark Knight Returns was literally the first Batman story I read when I was fourteen. The Dark Knight Returns, in a way, is the Alpha and Omega of Batman stories.

As for the RIP mention; RIP is the best part of Morrison's Batman run unless you're a big fan of Dick-Bats (and while I'm not against Dick-Bats Bruce is and always will be Batman for me).

You can't read RIP without reading the previous arcs.

Actually i've already seen the Dark Knight Returns animated movie. I've seen all the animated Batman stuff so i'm not completely unfamiliar with him, just never read the comics.

Actually you can. It's a book, and if you can read English you can make sense of it.

I will admit reading Final Crisis as a companion piece is a good way to go about it.

ONE PUNCH!

No, he misses half the shit in it. He'll be missing the buildup and just reading Bat hallucinations and BatGod transformation.

Batman Europa is one of the best batman books of the decade

it's a shame the games didn't take more inspiration from the art direction in Serious House. Everything was too detailed and focused, it made things feel to safe, too comprehensible

Love for Batman is a big part of why we're in a dark place.

>my monkey
CUTE

may as well slap this here

aint that the truth

why is joker/batman so perfect and pure?

it just is

Why is this suit so great in the comics, but awful in BvS?
>inb4 muh comic accuracy
It looks like a bunch of dirty rags. Even Adam West's suit looked better.

Read Miller's Year one and DKR
Moore's Killing Joke and Mortal Clay
O'Neil's run and the demon saga
Englehart's Detective comics run(You can follow Len Wein's run after that as well, but it's optional)
Milligan's Dark Knight Dark City and his detective comics run.
Legends of the Dark Knight
Gotham Central
David Lapham's detective comics run
Wagner's Monster men
Morrison's Batman
Snyder's Black Mirror and Zero Year

Alan Grant's run, Doug Moench's and Barr's Batman and Batman & Outsiders runs are other great runs.

batman is such a tsundere

G.O.A.T Batman costume, in my humble opinion. It's so tactical. If only Kevin Conroy voiced Bats in YJ...

OP here, hoping to pick it up when I pick up Batman #3 tomorrow.

Is that Lex?

The Arkhamverse is my favorite Batman interpretation, and Batman: Arkham is my favorite vidya of all time.

I'm sad that the next Arkham game will be VR bullshit, and that Spider-Man may dethrone Bats as the superhero with the best videogames of all time. I hope WB do something before that happen, but probably everyone but me are tired of those games already.

more

I loved the use of thogal in Morrison's run, what are some other stories that feature Batman's mental training?

arkham city lost me a bit on the story at the later parts. but arkham asylum is one of my fav games too.
haven't played knight yet.

I've seen this page several times before and only just noticed the saw is bat shaped

I like how Asylum and City are BTAS translated to games.
Didn't like Origins and Knight tacticool style, though (Scarecrow is my favorite villain and he disappointed me in Knight).

i dont understand how to read this map.

That's because it's an edit. It's not actually bat-shaped in the comic.

What the fuck is this convoluted horseshit? I've read the run the way it was released and was just fine.

That was a very "dated" version of Selina. These days she wouldn't ask him to give it up. Hell, she'd be just as reluctant to hang up her whip as he is to hang up his cowl.

>batcat
terrible
post more batman/joker

Or one could post the truth of Batman?

Well, that's fucking creepy out of context. And in context. And in general.

>image related

I think you are exaggerating. Both usually lose to 'the mission'.

You probably read all of your books starting in the middle because "it's english right?"

It sounds petty, but I'm mad everyone associates "Arkham Asylum" and Batman being locked in it with the game, not the book.
If the rumors are true, and that's the plot of the movie, I won't be able to handle all of the casual journalists referencing the game.

store.steampowered.com/app/498240/

Catwoman is looking great

When does it state this? I remember Bats freeing the league through Wonder Woman's lasso, which requires love, but I don't remember it saying they've fucked.