Which was the better film?

Which was the better film?

Definitely the first for me... the second wasn't bad but it dragged a bit and I lost interest in the action because there was a bit too much of it (kinda like the Matrix Reloaded... all show, no script).

After the whole 'bulletproof suit' stuff came in, the tension just flew out of the window.

it became really obvious that the gun play is just dudes running at JW one a time to be shot.

Also, the antagonists are not as good, I think the nameless Russian Henchman is way better than the Common character

Also you don't have to endure old lady sideboob in the 1st one

The first one felt much more like a legitimate movie. The second one felt like much more of an action flick.

>dude everyone is in the secret cool guy club lmao

completely ruined what was actually good about it

Second felt a lot more cartoony too.

I like the first one more, much more focused and the characters were more compelling. I felt like the action scenes were better too.

i tuned out of the second one as soon as he got his magic cloth thin "armor". it only took one movie to become a derivative headshot montage with clunky over choreographed fighting and shoehorned longshots.

This

Glad we can all basically agree that 1 was better. There was a lot of artificial hype on this board when 2 was released. It's an okay, fun movie, but it wasn't as special as the first, which itself was merely above average.

This.

Also the whole world building" aspect was tedious and the no talent meme actress was pointless.

>Glad we can all basically agree

Not your hivemind

The second was Flanderized. like a parody almost

they were flicks, and shitty

>it dragged a bit and I lost interest in the action because there was a bit too much of it
so.... it was the same as the first

I thought the second was still a really damn good movie, just not as special as the first one.

second was better

The first is a thousand times better.

It skims the surface of a secret society that sounds intriguing but leaves you guessing and imagining and everything just moves forward.

John Wick 2... dives to the bottom of that murky pit and it's just awkward, a global secret society of assassins and everythings quirky and weird as shit.

What's this? A room full of Rockabilly Hipster girls wearing pink shirts with no sleeves all in Tats operating 30's era telephone exchange to use as a communication hub. Using 60's eras computers?

What's this? Themed assassins, homeless assassins, busker assassins, giant fat asian assassins,

What's this? John preparing for a secret mission and he does so for about 30 minutes and speaks in code to people for no reason? Desert? ohhhh a little gun, right.

What's this? Ruby Rose? I guess she's hot right now, she also is mute, for reasons.

What's this? A secret society of Homeless assassins, who's this? It's the guy that played opposite Reeves in the Matrix, remember the Matrix?

What's this? You've some how managed to make gun battle scenes really boring by dragging them out over 20 minutes a piece?

They removed the veil and it was boring and awkward as shit.

i really dont know where they want to go for the final one. the world is after him...so what another 75 man headshot hallway scene? if it did a 180 in tone and became an 80s Commando style action film it would be interesting. if they try to keep the sleek dude black suits lol style it will flop hard.

It was genius to get Ruby Rose to play a mute, she couldn't deliver a line to save herself

yeah but the first one was new and exciting. the second one was just boring because it did nothing interesting or new and somehow managed to have even less of a story than the first.

For everything everyone says about John Wick 2, they always forget to complain about its one, fundamental flaw... THEY UNDID JOHN WICK.

In the first movie, John's reputation precedes him. He's the "boogeyman," the most legendary assassin of all time. He's so feared the bad guy considers just giving his son to him in order to make John stop. He's portrayed as an absolute myth and a force of nature coming back to wreck everything.

In the second movie, no one seems to even respect him, and everyone is actively trying to kill him. He gets treated badly by a bunch of people and challenged by hundreds. It's almost as if his reputation meant nothing anymore and he was just a common assassin like the millions they apparently have (which is also ridiculous).

That's my biggest issue.

first one

second one not only ignored the first's flaws but added its own flaws

the silenced pistol shooting in public was literally one of the worst things I've seen

thats pretty good user