Lets have a 3x3 thread

Lets have a 3x3 thread

bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

To my Amerifats out there, Happy 4th!

what a terrible terrible set of flicks

Independence Day two times? Why?

damnit, I selected the wrong one apparently, the other one was supposed to be Jesus Christ superstar (Im an Athiest but the singing in that is incredible)

*tips*

This is actually a more accurate one

>Rocky Horror
>Repo
>Sweeney Todd

So are you a homosexual male, or a goth female?

>Rocky Horror
>Repo
Nice

I really like Independence Day

fag

3/9

>tfw feeling nauseous

just out of curiosity, why temple of doom? indy is my all-time favorite. i don't hate ToD, but imo raiders/crusade are better films and more enjoyable to watch.

4/4
4/4

Honestly I agree Raiders and Crusade are probably better but I just really love the setting of Temple and for. Also for whatever reason I like Short Round and I think the intro scene in China is the best intro of all three films. So yeah I guess the setting and nostalgia are the main reasons

8/8 Haven't seen Pans

Which Kurt Russel flick is that? Also, is that some Golden Army?

The Thing and are you referring to the centre left pic? That's Pans Labyrinth.

Ah, okay. I could tell it was Del Toro, but wasn't sure which. Haven't seen Pan's or The Thing yet.

Then get to it then Pan's is Del Toro's best imo and The Thing is easily one of the best Horror movies of all time.

I shall. I'm not huge into horror, but I've seen a few Carpenter flicks and have been fairly impressed. T.b.h. I've watched John Carpenter's Vampires a few dozen times.

Well the thing is probably Carpenters best as well. Has an excellent atmosphere to it.

Thanks user. I'll check them out.

>Well the thing is probably Carpenters best as well.
desu I think the fog doesn't get enough credit
michael bay and sokurov?
thats kinda new

forgot to reply

I haven't seen the fog but thanks for reminding me about it, i was meaning to get round to it.

here we go

no one in this thread is on KG and never will be

I have been for the last 4 years.

And your taste is still that bad? Delete your account.

My taste is great, you're obviously not smart enough for Godard and Greenaway, but that's alright, we have boards like Sup Forums and Sup Forums that may be better for your sensibilities.

kung fu hustle was absolute kino

This is hands down the most embarrassing post i've ever seen on Sup Forums. You don't even have the best Godard film in your 3x3 lmao.
Nouvelle Vague

5/5

You're only embarrassed about yourself and your erratic comments, now that you have been confronted by someone with actual taste, and much better than yours too.
You've so obviously seen nothing but a mere scratch of the filmic world, leaving your tastes to be unprepared for intelligent discussion.
Come back when you've seen more than four thousand films.
I feel like wasting my hand's articulations in this conversation, go back to watching Refn and Lynch and calling yourself patrician.

Congratulations, you managed to post something twice as embarrassing. You've chosen the most basic entry level films from those directors for your 3x3 and think you're intelligent.

La Jetee instead of A Grin Without A Cat? Really?
Sad.

That's how I know you haven't seen the films in my chart, so stop typing immediately.
>La Jetee instead of A Grin Without A Cat? Really?
You can't discredit the film itself so you name another film from the same director to make it seem like you're familiar with his work, pathetic.
Also I bet you can't explain how La Jetee shaped every art film since 1960.
You also can't explain it's relation with the meme directors you probably praise like Weerasethakul, HHH and Ming Liang.

You call my taste entry level and shit, when you obviously just know about the films on the top row, and nothing from the films below.
>inb4 "I've already seen them"
Explain the plot of middle left, middle, middle right, bottom left and bottom right, you can't, you haven't seen them.

Kill yourself posturing retard.

>muh plot
lmao

Congrats you two can virtue signal about your taste. Zero thoughtful posts on the other hand.

2/9
0/1

Interesting how you went from assuming i'm a refn/lynch fan to a contemplative chink cinema fanboy. I'm actually more into early European new wave moments like czechoslovak new wave if you must know.

Anyway i'm not going to take your pop quiz as your fav film from an admittedly great director is barely a film, more a slideshow and you think being a Godard fan is in anyway proof of a high IQ. So sad!

But that's the only thing you get out of films, you can't comprehend anything beyond that, I don't think highly of a retard like you, so why would I ask you to explain the dynamics of docufiction in The Falls, or the camera motion and Derridian ethics in Mujo.

5/5

4/8

This is hilarious, you can't actually comment on the films because you haven't seen any of them.
>more a slideshow
Read more, film goes beyond criterion boxsets.
You can't explain the Left Bank movement's cinematic characteristics, you are just a pleb.
>think being a Godard fan is in anyway proof of a high IQ.
I never said that, although you haven't seen any of his films and you're also retarded so I see the connection you're talking about.

Funny you have a Karagarga account yet you can't expand beyond wikipedia movements.
Again, kill yourself.

4/4

>Who can throw more memetic one liners instead of actual arguments: the post exchange.

Repo! might be the single worst film ever created, followed closely by RHPS. I hope you die soon and any loved ones you have suffer.