How did Lynch pitch the idea of this show back in the 90's? Its frustrating as fuck, I don't get the praise it gets...

How did Lynch pitch the idea of this show back in the 90's? Its frustrating as fuck, I don't get the praise it gets. Do people pretend to like this?

what don't u get pal

Pleb alert.

Kill yourself please. Thanks Faggot.

As I recall it was more about the network coming to him since his movies were pretty well praised and had good sales, so him and Mark Frost came up with this.

The appeal is mostly from how the characters all have their own thing going on and how it ties into the central mystery and interweave with each other. There's actually a steady discovery and development in the murder throughout the first season so it's not just 'irrelevant shit going on around a murder mystery,' a lot of stuff going on is either some factor in the murder or people reacting with it. The only exception is Nadine but I think an explicit comic relief character isn't a bad thing.

there's a reason the show was cancelled

So far I'm at season 2 episode 9, and it just feels like Lynch and Frost are just pulling shit out of their ass. Mulholland Dr. makes sense unlike this show.

You've reached the point where they have very little input.

If you didnt like it up til now, just end it familia. Lynch leaves and it becomes Frost Pulling Shit Out of His Ass: The Series, til the finale. Anyway, it's a brilliant show, and very influential. It may look stale now, but was enormously fresh for the medium then. Like a lot of Lynch's work it's about the seedy underbelly of crime and evil under the idyllic shroud of Americana, i think it's an awesome vision with some great ideas. But hey, opinions are like assholes.

Yes user, we all pretend to understand and like it just because you can't.

I can follow the plot and all but i don't get the praise it gets. Cooper finds out who the killer is because of his dream and visions. I like Lynch's directing for his scenes but their is nothing special about this show though. I was hoping for some ohh moments where i can actually connect some things together like Mulholland but these are just complete asspulls

The Prisoner was more influential and better

Sure thing bud. Cute opinion to regurgitate. Try the Dekalog next.

wew triggered

This

They're not just dreams and visions. Cooper is being guided by supernatural beings. The giant, the dwarf, BOB, etc are all "real" in the world of the show. Cooper is like a hero in Greek mythology that communicates with the gods, and gets their guidance throughout his mission. Twin Peaks focuses on "gods" that are regionally specific to the Pacific Northwest.

That stuff gets explored further in the second half of Season 2. Unfortunately, the narrative of the show is completely rudderless at that point after they solve the Laura Palmer mystery earlier than they planned to so the exposition of those ideas kinda just happens in the middle of a bunch of bullshit.

I see, lol, guess I've completely fucked this experience up. Thank you for being nice user :)

she was so hot in that movie holy shit

It's actually not that hard a pitch:

There's a murder mystery in a small lumbering with a supernatural twist and the series is going to examine the lives of the people living in that town kinda like a soap opera.

Twin Peaks is kinda odd, sure, but it was never the super experimental concept some make it out to be. The new series, maybe, to an extent, but the old one did have some pretty obvious mass appeal.

You have bad taste. Now fuck off simpleton.

>The Prisoner was more influential

It really wasn't.

>and better

Maaaaybe but that's debatable.

>being this butthurt

The new one is insane! The dancing devil scene where evil Cooper dies is so well done

That episode is honestly among his very best work.

No, I'm being serious. I love The Prisoner but I'm not sure if I like it more than Twin Peaks. It was a lot more consistent for sure but if I'd say it's objectively better? Eh.

It's a soap opera with some mystery sprinkled on
Plebs eat up that shit easily