Hellblazer Rebirth Lettered Preview

Please excuse the ugly watermark

So John went back to the UK because of Trump. I'm sure Sup Forums is going to have a lovely time shitposting with this

Well, this looks like shit.

Why even do that? Seriously. The real John would move back to UK because that's his place, not because of Trump.

That was just stupid and unnecessary. DC shouldn't be like Marvel constantly referencing pop culture. If they wanted to make fun o Trump so much why don't use Gonzo the Homicidal Robot?

Even the variant?

Cover without that ugly fucking watermark and no UPC box too

The first arc of the series proper, not the stand alone Rebirth issue, is supposed to be a Swamp Thing/JonCon team up IIRC. It's been a while since we had a proper one, so I'm going to stay onboard with the comic at least an issue or two in.

All of his recent runs have started out meh and gotten better, but that's not really how a series needs to be when it keeps getting cut short after a couple issues.

Didn't John stay in UK even when Tatcher was there?

>Without your trickery and lies, what are you?
>A fake and a fraud?
That doesn't make sense. Off to a good start!

Trumps is lovechild of Stalin and Hitler.
And Mao.
And that Pot guy.
He's that bad, senpai.

Yes.

Trump is nothing compared to Tatcher.

fucking really?

>That was just stupid and unnecessary. DC shouldn't be like Marvel constantly referencing pop culture.

By pop culture you meaning shoving liberal politics into everything every chance they get?

>he's got nothing
>you know he's got nothing
>you still can't call his bluff
How does John do it?

Hey, if he can talk shit about Thatcher when she's in power, why is it not okay to make fun of Trump who has always been a funny buffoon and isn't even president yet?

Don't you go looking at me with those puppy dog eyes, you are NOT crashing at my place.

I dare you what is the sauce of the pic I posted.

Because he's not just talking shit about him. He's "leaving because he can't even"

Not quite following you there, mate.

The UK currently has UKIP and Farage. I assume at the time of this issues writing that the whole Brexit thing hadn't happened yet so I am wondering if Oliver will address it later since John is in the UK during this run

>He's "leaving because he can't even"

You're just looking to get mad bub.

Like a ghost?

He's just homesick, user.

He's not homesick and he's leaving because of Trump. That user is right. The was banished out of the UK and decided to face a demon instead of face Trump.

That's just unnecessary.

Will John leave the UK again because of Brexit. He better. I mean, if Trump made he want to leave the US this bad, what about Farage then?

Better the devil you know, eh?

They're just taking the piss out of the current elections, why do people get so butthurt when it's their political candidate that's getting made fun of? If it was Shillary he was making fun of nobody would be batting an eye. They needed an excuse to get John back in the UK, they decided to make a joke.

But it's not funny when it's MY values that are getting mocked! Waa! WAAA!

>If it was Shillary he was making fun of nobody would be batting an eye.

nah, you'd get plenty of "muh sexism" from the visiting tumblrinas

I would be annoyed if it was Hillary, though. I just find it dumb that John, fucking John, would be such a thin-skinned bitch.

Like i asked, will he be leaving the UK because of Brexit next?

What if i'm not even American and was annoyed by the joke?

People are just really sick of hamfisted political shit in big 2 comics. Do we even need a narration sequence for John returning to the UK beyond "I love New York, but if I'm away from London for too long, I get a bit itchy"?

It's barbaric but hey, it's home!
Then you really need to calm your tits.

Lol, people really can't take a joke.

John and Nige would get on irrespective of their politics

not like I'd trust the current writer to understand that, though

We came from Sean Murphy to this...

Besides people seem to forget John isn't a bloody hobo, his disheveled looks are the result of all the tragedy and the burden of all the things he have done. But this guy haven't done most of those things, they are pushing this just because the "fans" need to see a familiar uniform.

Swamp Thing was literally in the last run.

fucking hell, I can't stand the fucking art.

To expand on this, it also shows that the writer does not have a good grasp of John, firstly John's narration shouldn't center on his motivation for doing things, it should center on his emotional state, and some sort of scheme, not the reason he's scheming. It also should focus on the people he cares about.
Second it's a shit motivation and that means that we may see some OOC bullshit from this run

And for what it's worth I think Trump's a cunt, so this has nothing to do with my own personal politics.

Like two issues, this is supposed to be a couple issues and is a plot about them traveling together again, like back in the day.

He did end up killing most of his alternate universe family recently

>He did end up killing most of his alternate universe family recently

So Guy Fawkes' run on CONSTANTINE is still in continuity? Does this mean that we're still stuck with Not-Sam Winchester as John Constantine?

Oh hey, they increased the size of the number to fill up more space and make it more aesthetically pleasing.

>Has directly killed innocent people and often leads indirectly to getting innocent people killed
>Knows this
>His main driving force is still self-preservation and self-interest
>Oh no, Trump's a racist, that's awful better move home

Just doesn't make sense on the character, John has done so many worse things than being racist, as well as getting along just fine with some characters known to be racist.

This is just a writer sitting down and thinking "How can I get my twitter posts into the comic.."

Like Constantine would give a single flying fuck about American politics. What a petty soapbox.

Judging by Hellblazer #3, John would totally move back to the UK because of Trump.

Tatcher was already the PM of UK and won that election (her third term), and Constantine still sayed in UK

your point?

>see number of replies
>huh Sup Forums doesn't usually care about stuff that isn't a listers and shit that makes their dick hard
>clicked there to view
I should've known.

*stayed

I like this art

>Wah! Why is this gay punk who was created to represent working-class counterculture against Trump? Fucking SJWs are attacking me and President Trump personally! How dare they!

By every once in a while actually having that ace up his sleeve. You know he usually doesn't but it's not worth the risk, too high of stakes. Love it

John loves immigrants and diversity, always have. So he'll go to germany. Which could be cool with it's history. Nazi gold!

Literally no one likes clinton or trump. So it wouldn't matter

That if he's liberal enough to hate Thatcher, then the idea of a Trump presidency would drive him up a wall. Plus, it's different if it's your home country and one you just emigrated to for a couple years.

John has been a hobo a few times though. Hell he lived in a hippy vw wagon for a long time.

Rebirth is full of quick reasons to get characters back to the way we love them. Green arrow and black canary slept with eachother one issue after they met. This is exactly that, just a throw away reason to get him back to london

Top quality

>comic book writers are hacks and always go for the low-hanging fruit instead of putting in effort

Between this and Hillary appearing in Faith (the Valiant ongoing with the diabetes model starring in it), do libruls need to be put to sleep by a hand of force?

And that was because he was chased by the cops, Then when Zed "died" he went full depressed mode, and hit the streets again, just as the next time when he went full alcoholic, because of more loss. None of those things have happened to this John

The main villain of the last arc was a demonic Trump analogue who said he'd make Hell great again. Why are any of you people angry or surprised about this.

I've seen children draw better then this.

>So John went back to the UK because of Trump. I'm sure Sup Forums is going to have a lovely time shitposting with this
Well they've never read Hell Blazer then,because John has always hated right wing nutters like Trump.

Have you ever read Hellblazer? It was full of real life politics,

But Farage fucked off, quit the party leadership to sit in his garden during the hot weather.

>anons getting triggered that John Constantine is talking shit about politicians
Fucking casuals.

The art isn't doing it for me but political stuff isn't exactly new to Constantine. OG Hellblazer took jabs at Thatcher and current politics all the time.

Trump stuff could be easily retconned anyway.

Good to Conjob back in London.

This is fucking awful.

The art, the obvious writers shoehorning his political views, the art, the swearing censorship, did I mention the art?

Also, Constantine's a liberal

>gay

Why wouldn't he mention hes leaving becsuse BOTH nominees are a fucking shit show?

Is Rossmo doing anything for Rebirth? Really dug his art for the last Constantine run.

I can't fucking stand most of the art that comes out these days. Usually its the penciling to begin with but I can't help but think this would look a billion times better in black and white. The lighting and coloring are fucking atrocious.

Hopefully the Rebirth is the only one like this, and it's just a cop out excuse to get him back to his roots.

Night of The Monster Men crossover from Batman, Nightwing and Detective Comics. Steve Orlando will write.

>they changed the really good creative team for this
Fuck...

Fucking sweet, he's perfect for drawing monsters.

Constantine looks really sexy here compared to his previous run.

Dem thick lips and manly face, wow!

He's just an all around fantastic artist.

Very "tumblresque" art if I do say so myself.

>Sup Forums
>Reading comics

Pick only one

>working-class counterculture
>against Trump

>bwaaah Trump is racist

I mean, did anything write it out of continuity?

All three series, though, have seemed to ignore any other Constantine stuff (other than the Forever Evil tie ins). You could probably easily ignore anything from the other two runs while reading this one.

Kill yourself my family, Rossmo is an amazing artist.

Because Sup Forums doesn't read comics. It's full of Sup Forums, Sup Forums, tumblr and reddit nowadays who only want to be mad.

Jim Lee, pls go.

Is tumblr just a meaningless buzzword now?

You house style fags should be shot.

>Is tumblr just a meaningless buzzword now?

For a few years now. It's just another way to say "I don't like this"

I am very sorry to have triggerred you, friends. This art just seems like something a teenage Twilight girl would draw. Don't turn this into an art war, buddy. I'm gonna ruff you up.

Kill yourself, faggot.

>Don't turn this into an art war, buddy. I'm gonna ruff you up.
Sure is summer in here.

Just read Bedlam, that's arguably Rossmo at his best in my opinion.

>Is tumblr just a meaningless buzzword now?

Yup. Just like "autism", "meme" and "cuck"

The color palate for this is god-awful, and completely clashes with Moritat's artstyle and the tone of the book. I was really excited to see more of Moritat's work, I absolutely loved what he did in All-Star Western, but so far, this is just disappointing.

Just going to throw my hat in with everyone saying the coloring here is garbage. A shame because the pencilling seems fine.

Not sure if the Trump thing is a joke or serious but kinda awkward either way given Hillary will probably neat him but the UK will probably actually go through with Brexit.

>Constatine
>not Vertigo anymore
Why is this even allowed?

Pussy, go enjoy brexit

Because Vertigo doesn't sell like it used too. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets moved to the Young Animal imprint if that's more Mature Reader friendly.