Daily reminder that Stanley Kubrick is a talentless hack who ripped off people who did it first and better

Daily reminder that Stanley Kubrick is a talentless hack who ripped off people who did it first and better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9CX0oSjwLqI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BRAVO KUBRICK

Kubrick improved the visuals and took the narrative in a different direction.

Road to the Stars ends with them landing on the Moon; 2001 isn't merely about traveling to the Moon.

Also, you're going to have to make similar shots for similar situations. How else is a man floating in space supposed to be shot? It'll always be a man floating in space. Same with the guy talking to a screen. You don't want to have constant over-the-shoulder angling when you could incorporate both in one shot.

Some of the similarities in shots are just typical cinematography.

t. kubrick

kubrick forgot the most important thing about films, they need to be fun to watch. all his films are too drawn out and boring. i can have fun with one flew over the cuckoos nest, being that nicholson was a mad man. i cant have fun watching mr space man float around slowly.

This, i mean with eyes wide shut there's a cool 30 minute scene in the mansion, but it's sandwiched between 2 hours of boring shit

Stick to capeshit.

at least capeshit can be fun

Imagine being this of a pleb

His films are fun to watch. Just not for you.

None of these are key elements of the movie. Did he rip off the monoliths? HAL 9000? The apeman sequence?

2001:A Space Odyssey is quite simply the worst thing to happen to cinema ever. Its forced profundity has caused millions of people all over the world to force themselves to like what is quite simply nothing more than an exercise in style.

Kubrick has no idea what he is doing here. His film jumps around with little to no sense of unity. The great film makers of the world create a series of events that contain clarity of information, something Kubrick couldn't bet his life on.

What is the purpose of what is going on here? Is there any coherent message? I have heard suggestions that it is Kubrick's message about the future of humanity, but what future is that? Does Kubrick even know?

This is capeshit for the pretend art house crowd. Pure style over substance. Nobody actually likes this film, they just like to be seen liking it.

What are you going on about? Plenty of people actually like it.
As for the merits of the film... it inspires a spiritual experience. Not a churchy one, but rather a cosmic mystical one that is compatible with science. The monoliths are the closest I've ever seen a movie come to putting god on the screen.

2001 is a good film, maybe it's overrated but it's kino enough to watch it. It's not even Kubrick finest film

Same opinion as me, man. A scene should be cut to the length needed to accomplish the point it's trying to get across. The pacing of 2001 is so fucking awful. Also, Kubrik chose the ending to be strange and ambiguous rather than the book ending.

>A scene should be cut to the length needed to accomplish the point it's trying to get across.
The pacing of 2001 is so fucking awful.
The pacing is great, it's just not your preference.
>Also, Kubrik chose the ending to be strange and ambiguous rather than the book ending.
That's what makes it good.

Here's the other movie if anyone's interested
youtube.com/watch?v=9CX0oSjwLqI

The HAL segment has nothing to do with the main plot of the movie, it's just a way to stall for an hour of runtime on the way to Jupiter. Even in the book where it gets explained, it's only very slightly related and basically just an excuse.
Also it's ridiculous that Kubrick managed to make a movie in which several people, one of which has had speaking parts, get murdered and the audience literally does give a single shit about it.
The film is obviously visually amazing and technically advanced but it's just not fun to watch. Maybe if you live in the 60s and can drop acid before watching the Jupiter sequence you might think it's good.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAJAHHAHAHA

The 2001 space station was a film spool, because the space program is as real as a Hollywood movie.

t. shitskin