Batman - The Telltale series premier trailer

youtu.be/Za8G70bbKRY

I didn't expect amazing work, but the voice acting in this seems kind of underwhelming. The only one I really liked was Dent.

So...this is a Nolanbat? No Robins at all?

More like no Robin yet. This an early Batman story, notice how Gordon still has mostly brown hair.

>no conroy
no buy

>no PC
disgusting

This is set during the Year One-TLH era of Batman's career. He's still on his own with maybe one or two freaks in Gotham, but mostly just dealing with the mob.

What?

There is. It's gonna be on Kindle, iOS, Android, PC, Mac, 360, PS3, Xbone, and PS4.

1:38 why does this guy look like midnighter?

>M-rated Batman
what a bad idea

>Telltale

I'm getting real tired of their shit.

>App Store

It worries me that their new engine is so light that it can work on an iPad.

it's a telltale game
in case you couldn't already tell, they're not the most graphically-intensive developer

So lemme guess...

The bullshit, You Don't Actually Get To Affect Anything choice is going to be "Side with the Bruce Wayne side and let the Falcone family help Dent" or "Side with the Batman side and pursue the Falcone family for the crimes they've committed" and either way Harvey still becomes Two-Face and at the very end they'll tease Joker.

All their previous games have been ported to iOS too

As for the trailer itself, honestly think it doesn't look that great. Not just visually, but just as a whole.

Knowing Telltale there will be some minor blood and a sex scene

nothing that actually deserves a M rating

>new engine
also, pretty much all Smartphones/Tablets are more powerful then the PS3/360 at this point.
Some are well more powerful then the PS4/One

And yet they STILL run like shit because they've not updated their engine in forever.

Looks like shit. If Joker isn't in it I'll be fucking mad

Telltale are master bullshitters.

Joker is in fucking everything

give him a break

His laugh is at the end of the trailer. It's literally going to be arkham origins

>If Joker isn't in it I'll be fucking mad

Fucking stop. You people are causing the same story to come out every year.

Who cares? we're getting The Long Halloween whether you like it or not.

>There are people who actually think like this
>There are people who need Joker to be in every single piece of Batman media constantly as a rule

fucking stop

we already know he'll be the main villain but this is fucking joker

Holy shit what if they go fucking crazy and make it so your choices can either make or stop two face from being made? Like the farther you go down the Batman choices the more costumed maniacs appear but the more you go down the Brcue Wayne path the more mundane but insidious the world becomes. Every choice either lets evil gain a foothold or creates a greater evil!!!

The impossible choices of Batman are finally made clear! And you can kill but the more you kill the lazier Bats gets in keeping criminals alive OR LIKE THE MORE CHAOTIC AND BRUTAL THE REST OF THE ROGUES GET!! Like the more you kill the more killing "solves" problems in a very cynical and sad way! Every choice is the wrong choice and its up to you to choose what the best of the bad choices are!!!'

this is like year one
why would robin be around?

There is a name for them. Casuals.

>there are people who don't like Joker
Its like they want the game to be shit

This would be a great game, but also really hard to make. Not gonna happen.

>Pre-Two-Face Harvey

Fuck, not again.

There's a difference between not liking the Joker and wanting him to be in literally every piece of Batman media. Bats has probably the most famous rogues gallery in comics and there are dozens of characters you could use instead.

Yeah, we need more great media like Arkham Origins and Assault on Arkham, remember how they set up great stories and cool moods, then threw it out the window just to suck Joker's dick for hours because edgy Ledgerfags are still not over it almost a decade later?

>it's a bruce wayne starts his career as batman episode
>AGAIN

ENOUGH WITH THIS SHIT.

Fuck you, buddy.

I'm hoping maybe they'll do huge time jumps between the episodes like maybe

>episode 1 is just year one
>episode 2 is batman and dick
>episode 3 is death in the family
>episode 4 is tim drake
>episode 5 is under the red hood

I find it funny how out of the 77 years Batman has existed, there was only one in which Robin wasn't around, and that a looot of adaptation take that as an excuse to not feature him.

your kind are the reason we can't have nice things

Well if you want to an origin story you typivally need it to be set before Dick showed up. Some of my favorite Bat comics come from that era

Year One
Gothic
Mad Monk
Monster Men
Man Who Laughs
Prey
TLH

I want a Joker game where the entire plot is him getting pissy that other villains' schemes are more attention grabbing than his so he's running around fucking with other villains and trying to usurp their operations.

I want a Joker game where he dies in the first five seconds and he is never seen or mentioned again

Would play

What a fuck are you mad about? Have you ever played as Bruce Wayne in his earlier career? No. Only Bats in AC. What the hell do you want from game? Some stories where he has Damian and full Batfamily?

yes

That would something different so yes

Make Bruce less of an asshole while they're at it

Casuals don't care about the extended Bat Family, and they're the main audience for adaptations. Even the handful of them that know about Damian from the movies hate him because he's terrible in those.

>Have you ever played as Bruce Wayne in his earlier career? No.
Yeah in Arkham Origins. Also I've seen the Nolan movie, the animated movie and read the comic it's time to move past Year One

more batfam in media means more licensed toys to sell

Only voice I didn't like is Alfred's but I dig the rest

So long as we get to rape Joker, I'm fine with it.

oh Gordon

It looks great but I mean 10 seconds into the trailer I realized how tired I am of playing through Gotham as Batman again and again.

>tfw they didn't make a Question game that played like Wolf and we got to experience the shitstain of the earth that is Hub City

>Batman arrives at the GCPD, answering from a distress call from Gordon, a couple of hours after the news of Joker escaping from Arkham broke, Batman fears the worst
>He finds the precinct empty and makes his way to the unlit office of the Comissioner, from the dark corner of the room, a shadowy figure kicks a tied and gagged man to Batman's feet
>It's the Joker
>Gordon steps out of the shadows, gun in hand, pointed at Batman. "I've tried to many times to give you an opportunity to do the right thing yourself, but this time there's no escape, either you do it, or only one of us is walking out of here alive"
>Time freezes at Batman's perplexed expression, two options light on screen:
>Rape the Joker
>Don't rape the Joker

>Time freezes at Batman's perplexed expression, two options light on screen:
>Don't rape the Joker
>a jpeg of pic related

Even better when they reveal that Joker was the one who threw acid in the Joker's face and not the gangster he was convicting.

>The Joker will remember that

>Joker was the one who threw acid in the Joker's face
WHAT A TWEEST

Damn that suit is fucking shit

Comedy Gold

the faggot will do anything to get Batman's attention

Joker is such a cra-a-a-a-azy guy!

>Another Two-Face origin story

I wasn't expecting anything ground breaking with this project. Hell, I wasn't expecting anything that'd be memorable.

But Jesus, Harvey Dent & the Falcone mob story adapted for a modern setting with Bruce trying to juggle his responsibilities as Batman and Wayne? This'll probably be as bland as the Game of Thrones game.

At least they didn't go for the dumbass idea some people were pushing for you to play as a Gotham beat cop instead of Batman. THEN it would be just like the Game of Thrones one.

I don't think Telltale has made anything without an M rating since their Strong Bad games.

I concur.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums, no one cares.

>Joker didn't murder the Waynes
>Joker didn't murder Amadeus Arkham's family
>Joker didn't throw acid in Dent's face
>Joker didn't cut the rope of the Flying Graysons

But the evil dark spirit of Gotham created after the the first American murder on the original settlers' camp site that became Gotham, damning the city forever through the immortal physical manifestation of Gotham's evil know as "The Joker" did. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Joker will totally do all those things

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

MOM'S

spaghetti

Guys I've figured out Batman's secret identity

>that joker laugh

please just let the joker be some wild card and not the main villain

morrison at least knew that the joker works best as a third party fucking with everyone rather than a direct antagonist

>360
Thank god

Ok, grandpa

I'm still mad we were cucked out of full-blown Two-Face in Beware.

>There will never be a Ragman game that plays like Dishonored.

>more Batman
i'll pass

But a Gotham Central game would have been cool though.

What if the first episode is just Year One inspired and every episode takes on a different event in batman's story?
So the next story might be the first meeting with Joker
the third episode might be him taking Robin under his wing
the forth... Death in the family maybe?
Ending it with DKR

The suit looks better in motion then I thought it would, but man those running animations look clunky as fuck.

It's not.

Wow Year One! Cool!

Scarring Harvey! Meeting Gordon! Stopping Falcone! Inspiring Catwoman! No fucking supervillains in sight!!!

So exciting!!!!!!

Generic Alfred: "Bruce, this Batman can exist with Bruce Wayne too "

Generic Bruce: "I know Alfred. But Gotham needs Batman...or does Gotham need Bruce Wayne?"

"Master Bruce, maybe Bruce Wayne needs Batman more than Gotham needs Bruce Wayne"

"You were right Alfred, Gotham needs Bruce Wayne...but it needs Batman too..."

Wow thats fucking deep and exciting! And new!

Woah WOAHHHHHHHH

Cant wait to play it ;)

wat

It's not really that exciting of a trailer. The voice acting is also mediocre, but Bruce sounds good.

Archer would be pretty good for a Telltale game actually.

And instead of Batman you should be a crook that works his way through the criminal underworld and the actions you take have Batman come after you.

No, no, no. Fuck YOU buddy

MEME