Just watched this, what are some other essential junglekino?

Just watched this, what are some other essential junglekino?

Apocalypto and Predator.

embrace of the serpent
apocalypse now
johnny mad dog
beasts of no nation
predator
predators
the jungle book

Anaconda

Predator is massively overrated to be quite honest

Aguirre, the Wrath of God and Fitzcarraldo.

No it isn't, reddit.

Predator is pleb tier shit and the very fact that you have mentioned it in the same context as Apocalypse Now and Herzog suggests you are a tasteless IMDbcore human personification of intellectual mediocrity. Never post in one of my threads again.

It is possible to appreciate both you try hard redditor

I am the Herzog-poster, and I would sooner re-watch Predator than Fitzcarraldo. The latter is a "better" film, but there's room in life for fun, too. Taste is not an accomplishment, you're not achieving anything by watching "better" movies than the next guy. You're just being passively entertained, either way, so stop sucking your own dick over it.

You should probably just leave and never post again desu

S O R C E R E R

>but there's room in life for fun, too.

Fitzcarraldo is a batshit movie with Klaus Kinski shouting at peruvians every other minute, how is it not fun?

It's a grade A flick. Action movies doesn't get any better tbphwyf.

how can you call this junglekino when the movie barely showed any junge exploration?

beasts of no nation stinks

>Robert Pattinson made so much money with Twilight that he can spend the rest of his days acting in small and med-budget movies

Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorite movies of all time. But it's also pretty bleak and depressing in a lot of ways, and very long. Sometimes I'm in the mood for something like that, but sometimes I'd rather watch a good action flick or comedy or something that isn't so demanding.

Those movies can be executed really well, or really poorly, and I feel like "Predator" is one of the best in its class. It's stupid to shit all over it just because it isn't intellectually ambitious in the same way as Apocalypse Now or Aguirre, because that obviously wasn't the goal the filmmakers were aiming for.

Not this one, for sure.

>5 minute scene getting ready to explore
>5 minute scene of "we're starving"
>5 minute scene back in London
>dream sequence
>repeat

The thing is, yes it's a great action movie, but you're still not giving it enough credit. It has depth/something to say. It's essentially a deconstruction of the macho action hero.

You start the movie off seeing this group of absolutely badass dudes with THE ultimate 80s/90s Hollywood badass leading them. They take out that whole guerrilla camp without any losses on their side. After they're established as this top tier unit of soldiers, the Predator picks them off one by one and their macho facade starts to wear thin as they realize they're in over their head.

Ultimately, Arnie is the only one left and the third act is a cat-and-mouse game between him and the Predator. In any other Arnie movie, it would end with him brute-forcing his way to a victory with his strength or big guns. But how does Predator end? It shows a lengthy physical beatdown of Arnold by the Predator to further cement the fact that he can't exchange fists with this foe and hope to win. He prevails through a combination of his human creativity/intelligence and the Predator underestimating him and toying with him.

One of my absolute favorite films.

suprised anyone else watched embrace of the serpent.
what a strange experience that was

It is the best movie of the year so far. Not saying much, but it's really effective and Charlie Hunnam did such a good job he rewrote every bad performance he may have given.

Good post. Now I definitely will watch it again

I like the last few minutes. facett was really well played. the exploring part and general jungle crawling was like totally missing.
if you want to see the real deal there is docu by david attenborough who went onto one of the last such kind of expedition into the jungle of papa Guinea

Congo

>the exploring part and general jungle crawling was like totally missing.
it is true, particularly in the third expedition. there should have been more time. but I think it had some good moments. particularly the second expedition which has the film's best scenes (Soldiers of the Queen while being rained on by arrows, I can't praise it enough)

Blood Diamond

bump

this

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Ghost and the Darkness