games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/
youtu.be/irIqTPQqgvQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cute japanese companion.

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, 12/Bill “I'm a lesbian” Potts) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
And free scenario prompts:
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.) Due date is tentatively August 22nd.

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged

I WILL NOT CHANGE

Do you agree that Capaldi is the perfect Doctor and show should be cancelled after Christmas Special because nobody could ever top Peter?
if you do, kill yourself. You are as pathetic as David Tennant fans when RTD left. You are literally wetting yourself over one actor and you can't accept that Doctor Who is a show based on changing things. Fuck off.

Leak user here, REALLY SORRY I'm late but I have Axons proof for you

8th for foon

Do you agree that Moffat is the perfect showrunner and show should be cancelled after Christmas Special because nobody could ever top Steven?

Actually. I think McGann was the perfect Doctor. It was cancelled after him, its just too bad they brought it back with that non-canon reboot.

fucking K I N O

Notice he won't respond to this. Gee, wonder why...

>saying nobody cared about Broadchurch
Yeah, that's stupid. The first series gripped the nation. I remember everyone talking about it and trying to figure out who the killer was.
Honestly, it should've stopped there though. The story was finished, the plot resolved. But hey, we all know ITV likes to milk things 'til they're dry when they get a successful series.
And even though S2 and S3 of Broadchurch weren't as good as the first one, they still got ratings of 10 million or higher, and the story was decent enough to put the time in to watch it.

Chibnall might not be everyone's favourite DW writer, but he's shown he can run a very succesful show for an extended period. I mean, it was never meant to be three series long, he never planned for more, yet he delivered and constantly got 10 million viewers to watch his show. I'm gonna trust him and wait and see.

fuck off mate. I have actual proof. PROOF. PROPER PROOF.

spoiler faggotry aside, can this be 'unblurred' in any meaningful fucking way since it's all we have to go on?

Alternate view.

Why has McGann never been cast in a multi-doctor story? I get it that RTD wanted a fresh start with the revived series, but why couldn't they do one episode with him?

Another question: why haven't they ever done a single incarnation multi-doctor story? Given Moff's love of timey-wimey plots I am surprised that the Doctor has never met himself in the same body (with the exception of the blink-and-you-miss-it moment in 'Father's Day' )

I don't think there's anybody left who thinks that. /who/ might have had the greatest concentration of Moff apologists around series 8 and 9 and most of the goodwill has dried up by now.

Will the Raston Warrior Robots ever return?

>Given Moff's love of timey-wimey plots I am surprised that the Doctor has never met himself in the same body
Before the Flood does a tiny bit of this

Of course not. That's the point. He will be as evasive as possible, because he's not the real deal.

"No, sir - all Fourteen!"

Honestly, I think Chibnall was slightly forced to take the DW showrunning job. Or at least, they must've begged him to do it. Who would want the responsibility of running Doctor Who, especially now the ratings are shite. But who else could've done it? I literally can't think of anyone who could run DW now RTD and Moff are gone. Someone with experience in running shows and succcessful shows at that

"No sir, - all 839 episodes!"

I think it's a good sign actually. If they begged they might've increased budget or went for full freedom in creativity with him. I'm 100% positive.

What is the meta crisis or the ganger doc?

Toby Whithouse, who made Being Human. Or Charles Brooker, of Black Mirror fame.

I KNOW WHO 13 IS AND YOU'RE ALL GONNA BE SO FUCKING happy!

Tom rosenthal!

if you like eva green you're a closeted faggot

Is The Doctor actually half human like all the hints point to?

jk, i lied. I dunno who it is. But Rosenthal would be based.

half-human half-faggot

Of course not. But Moffat's done a good job all in all. It's just that, when it was announced that RTD would leave and Moffat would take over I was so fucking excited. Moffat, who wrote The Empty Child, Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, Silence in the Library...all amazing episodes, the fact that that man would now be the main writer for Doctor Who? I was so incredibly hyped. But in the end it really showed that Moffat's much better at writing single stories for Who. His best episodes were before he ran the show

Maybe I'll write some War Droctor trash, inspired by my disappointment in Big Finish.

>"if you like women you're a faggot"

Thats not how that works, user.

Time Lords are really progressive and have transcended things like gender so, logically, they've also transcended things like race so the Doctor isn't anything really. He's just a product of the universe LIKE ALL OF US.

Reminder. You know I'm right, even though /who/ denies.

Do that. We accept all Doctors here. Make something properly weird.

Speaking of that, I've got to figure out what the overarching story will be. The last one featured War Doc...should I continue that one, or make up a whole new story.

Honestly could have seen Moffat write that into a script.

What worries me is that I've not seen or read a single interview where he comes off as excited. Maybe it's just his face or the way he speaks, but he doesn't radiate positivity or any sign that he's happy or excited about the job.

I remember Whithouse's name being thrown around yeah. He did run a series for a while which was quite popular I believe (I never watched it).

As for Charlie Brooker, he's way too busy with Black Mirror now that Netflix wants him to do 6 episodes a year. Also, is he even a fan of DW?

I've defweated yew, time and time agwaiwn, oive defeawted yew. I sen' you back intew da voiwd! I saved da whowh of weality fwom yew! I AM DA DOCTAH! AND YEW AW DA DAWEKS!

>Also, is he even a fan of DW?
He's said in the past he is, yeah

There can only be one man who can stand in the doctor's shoes and you faggots haven't even mentioned him.

>worldwide popularity
>great comedic timing
>works well with robot companions

I wiw always wemember when the doctuh was mee

>but he doesn't radiate positivity or any sign that he's happy or excited about the job.
I'm sure he will, over time. I mean, Steven was no RTD - Steven made jokes but often looked quite pissed off too kek

A tear, Sawah Jane? Nahhhh! don't cwy.

A non-fan might bring something new to Who. The bigger problem is that Brooker's work has a layer of deep cynicism that probably doesn't work with Who.

>Maybe it's just his face or the way he speaks, but he doesn't radiate positivity or any sign that he's happy or excited about the job.
Pretty much. He acts as a professional, he always said that his job as a showrunner/writer is to deliver good stuff, no matter what conditions he's in.

>Stays til 2023
>60th anniversary special is about 13 and 12 forming a punk band

it is tho

if you like tom you're not a faggot

I weawwy weawwy don't wannah go!

I support a Tom Rosenthal Doctor. It would be fun at least.

Id be a fan of the framing device being the stories of the conspiracy theorist from Rose on his website

Kidnweys! I've gwot new kidnweys! I don't wike tha cowour.

>Bad Wiff
Fuckin' A

Is it true Chibnall's going back to a writer's room style? Moffat's biggest problem was he had no one to reel him in and tell him when his bad ideas were bad.

Some day I wiww come back. Tha's wight, I wiww come back. Untiw then I wont no wegwets, no teaws, no anxwiety. Jus' go forward wif all your biweefs and pwove to me I'm not mistaken in myun

So now it's been established the Doctor can hold his regen off for ages (longer than Tennant did) does this confirm that what really 'killed' 12 was what happened to him in Oxygen?

It could explain how he 'faked' a regeneration in Lie of the Land.

Longer than tennant did? Tennant went through a looong ass regen sequence if he visited every single companion before he regenerated off screen

But then he was 'healed' by the Monks. 5 held off his regeneration for a while to save Peri, so it's not a new concept

>But then he was 'healed' by the Monks.
I wish we'd known more about them. Like, say 12 was fatally wounded and about to regenerate, would the Monks have been able to just straight-up heal 12 without him needing to regenerate? Would the regeneration have kicked in regardless?

Bwye Suswan. Goodbwye moiy deawh.

I think it would be good with someone who isn't excited. Moffat was high on his own ideas like

>Yeah, and then a stranger in a spacesuit comes up and shoots the doctor. Every one will wonder "wtf?" Haha, I probably come up with a good solution later. lol wiblywoblytimeywimey. I am a genius!"

Only Chibnall truly knows. But the problem with a writer's room is that, yes it'll let things from being reeled in when it gets bad, but it'll also might stop it from the heights of quality that comes from going barmy.

Because that's my worry with Chibnall. Not that he'll be bad, but that he'll be mediocre. Utterly middle-of-the-road, perfectly workmanlike, Who eps that are exactly what you'd expect.

I like that idea. It works with the idea I had of people swapping Doctor stories over a fire.

Probably.

It will probably never be confirmed in-universe, but why wouldn't he be? He ran away, he spends all his time on earth, he has more compassion than other Time Lords, and regeneration is a gift rather than an innate biological process.

>Because that's my worry with Chibnall. Not that he'll be bad, but that he'll be mediocre. Utterly middle-of-the-road, perfectly workmanlike, Who eps that are exactly what you'd expect.
That would've happened with Mark Gatiss, but Chibnall I'm not so sure. I think he'll bring back mostly linear storytelling (less jumping about in times and places, unlike Moffat who zips around 5 locations in a single episode and then tells everything out of order) but with some bold cliffhangers and shocks and twists.

Me too. Too bad that episode turned out so badly in the end. I really like the idea of see the Doctor from another perspective. It could bring back some mystery instead of just him being a wacky timeywimey kinda guy

Why's it blurred?

I'd rather have the show try insane shit no other show would ever try and occasionally fuck it up than have the show play it safe and deliver mediocrity ad infinitum.

Doctor Who is like hardly any other show on the planet because it's so high concept. I don't want them to lose that.

Evewy gweat decision cweates wipples, wike a ooge bouwder dwopped in a wake. The wipples merge, webound offa da banks in unfoweseeabwe ways. Tha eavier the decision, the warger the waves, the more unsertin the consekwences.

>all of chibs interviews about DW involved taking risks or being brave and new

m8 I think everything is going to be alright

In one, he even says he wasn't sure if the BBC would run with his idea, which suggests to me he's definitely doing something new (for Who anyway)

Yeah that's not really that fun anymore. Or ever.

Exactly.

Mark Gattis has a vision for Who. It's just a corny, Gothic vision. "Sleep No More" was daring if poorly executed, and Empress of Mars was solid Who.

Does Chibnall have a vision? Is he excited? Showrunning Who is a hard job. RTD and Moff survived because of enthusiasm.

Has Chibnall done anything good? Serious question - I've watched Broadchurch (solid but nothing great) and his Torchwood/Doctor Who stories (shit to meh)

>Does Chibnall have a vision? Is he excited?
I assume so, yes, based on the little we've heard.

There was one in The Eight Doctors

M8 he was one of the anoracs who critisized Pip and Jane on TV. Come on, do you think he doesn't love the show or doesn't have a vision?

Well, I worried he wasn't as strong a fan as Moff and RTD.

That's good to hear.

iconic

Wait, what, you didn't see THIS glorious moment?
youtu.be/irIqTPQqgvQ

Where is the moment?

Watch the whole thing, but on 4:43 he literally shits at Pip and Jane for being shit writers.

I've never heard John's voice before...

>implying it wouldnt be the best special ever made

reminder that the ultimate waifu is coming back

I believe in him

Thats not a return so much as it is a reviewing

Empress of Mars had the worst dialogue of any Who episode I've ever seen

Thats not Peri

He sounds like Bugs Bunny's impression of Liberace.
So he sounds exactly how I thought he'd sound.

For a short story compilation it could work very well. I didnt like it in concept of an episodes because it was tell, don't show; but at least with the time to make the concept flesh out it could work well

>/who/ drove off chumbley
Great going, guys.

Looking forward to this being implemented in Series 11