So how much is Bruce paying his beloved caretaker?

So how much is Bruce paying his beloved caretaker?

Not enough but Alfred took out a life insurance policy on him the minute he announced he wanted to be Batman.

Alfred probably just takes what he needs out of the Batbudget

By not yelling at him and treating him like shit like Bruce does to everybody else.

I somehow can't imagine him getting paid in a literal sense. among other things, he'd have to pay tax on it AND bruce would have to provide him with a bunch of legal benefits which it's cheaper and easier to just buy directly without the government and insurance companies taking their massive cut which they share with the lawyers who help support their actions.

he just, yknow, gets to buy whatever he wants. but he's english, and he knows bruce needs him pretty much every day, so it's not like he buys a speedboat

Alfred probably has a salary in the six digits as well as a personal expense account. He doesn't really take any time off, though, so whatever he makes is probably invested for him by some friend at WayneTech.

In short, he's fucking loaded.

Nothing. Alfred does not need any money. British government pays him a huge pension due to his service as an agent.

Nothing, Bruce gave Alfred access to the Wayne's fortune.

He pays him in Batbucks.

each batbuck is a lifetime's worth of pension for one person. He earns one batbuck per month, and can use them to fuck any girl he wants.

I don't think that's how life insurance works

i think it's a combination of these two answers. on one hand, i'd say alfred certainly draws a 6 figure salary, on which he and bruce would have to pay taxes, etc.

on the other hand, alfred would also have access to house checking and credit accounts with which he could buy anything he'd need or want for the house or himself.

so i think alfred gets paid more than fairly, but i also think there's few instances where alfred would need to dip into his personal pay.

he seems like an ethical guy though, so i'd bet if he has a hobby, or takes vacations, etc, he'd pay for those out of his own money, not because he'd have to, but because he'd want to do it that way.

Faking paperwork is all part of the job. Bruce will die in the same way any eccentric sexy billionaire dies.

He was probably named as caretaker by Thomas and Martha and got a salary based on whatever they decided in their paperwork. An English butler for a private, wealthy family with decades of experience can easily get six figures.

This guy gets it.

He couldn't do that until he was of the age of majority. The fortune would probably be held in trust by Alfred or the bank, with Alfred getting his own expense account to the tune of $300K/yr.

AIDS?

Bruce probably offered to pay him, and Alfred probably refused the money.

It can't be much if he's only worth a penny.

Starting salary for an apprentice butler for a millionaire in the west is like $40k

An experienced butler serving a billionaire easily makes six figures

"Don't worry dear, I've got the Batbucks to Batfucks."

Anyone else think it was fucked up how Bruce treated Alfred in the Dark Knight Returns movies (idk about the comics)?

The guy must be in his 90s at this point but Bruce is still making him give him massages and wait on him. And then to top it off he kills Alfred with a heart attack by making him blow up Wayne Manor.