Thoughts on the new Flintstones comic #1? I thought it was really dark and fucked up. It was such a bizarre comic

thoughts on the new Flintstones comic #1? I thought it was really dark and fucked up. It was such a bizarre comic.

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2016/06/24/dc-comics-solicitations-for-september-2016
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought it was pretty great

A lot of funny moments that sort of cover up the darker moments until you read them again

can't wait for the marriage issue

Its different but in a good way
>that painting backstory

Surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Definitely going to stick with it.

Really good comic, I wouldn't call it dark and fucked up, though, what the hell?

My favorite joke was the marriage joke.

>prehistory
>the women are shaved

Dark? Come on. A bit more serious in some parts perhaps. But it has a lot of brilliant funny moments. And some very touching (Wilma's story for example)

Overall i found it awesome and a fresh take to a classic cartoon!!!

Some people just don't grow arm or leg hair, my dad is completely bare down there.

Fuck off fetish fag

how the fuck do you know that?

This is the only thing I'm hoping to pick up later this week

Even if it was a tad darker and had more black humor, it still contained a crucial element of flintstone, the satire of modern day customs by placing them out of their usual context in a prehistorical setting.

Maybe he's seen him wearing shorts? He wasn't talking about his dad's balls.

i thought it was great too but i felt it focused way too much on Slate

Would anyone be interested in storytiming?

No worries either way

There's some irony in all the background jokes the comic has when it's an adaptation of a cartoon that famously had it's background on a loop

>Modern stone age family
>Modern

So many people don't get this

Really liked it but I can't stop reading all of Mr Slate's dialog in the voice of JK Simmons.

It's definitely different. I'm impressed that they made use of some of the old traditional jokes, without it being insulting or ironic. It was really very good.

Would one of you kind anons like to storytime it? I'm interested

I liked it, it's probably my second favorite of the Hanna-Barbera titles. That painting story line was great, and a lot of the jokes hit. A few misses, but they can't all be winners.

I was expecting to drop this one pretty quick, I was the least excited about this one, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Alright anons don't say I don't do anything or ya. Just give me a minute to bring it up

They had me at "hey Fred". I don't know why, but I'm getting misty eyed. In a manly way of course.

I love you

Thanks a whole bunch.

Take yer time.

You two could make some beautiful music together

I gave Scooby 2 issues and bounced, not even giving this the time of day.

Sorry about the delay. Helping my wife find her keys

>On no I can't take 15 minutes out of my day to read a free comic because I didn't like an unrelated book

Nobody cares about your shit taste, faggot.

While you're posting these I am fucking your wife, loser.

it's aight user, i appreciate the storytime

I hate the Flintstones, I think it is boring and not funny.

I am so sold on this comic already.

I felt the same way, user. If they did a remake in the same style as this comic though I think it would be a hit

Dang, nothing like a PTSD support group in Bedrock

>loser fed to pterodactyls

BRUTAL

I'm really surprised how good this is. Better than the cartoon.

Well to be fair the cartoon was pretty mediocre

>traditional wedding
>trading goats for the bride
>veil
Fuck, my sides.

Mr. Slate was never this fucked up before.

I can't wait to see what DC does with Mr. Spacely.

I tried reading the lines in the original voices, but I can't. But dang, I like this comic so far

Scooby Apocalypse is garbage (Giffen-DeMatteis-Porter-HiFi is just....bleh as a full team), but Flintstones is genuinely good. I'd say it's the best of the HB books, to be quite honest.

Jesus, so the Bedrock Wars were instigated by greedy fat cats to secure land rights from indigenous people with no concept of ownership.

That's pretty heavy man.

Helloooooo obscure waifu thread candidate.

So, they turned Mr.Slate into a monster.....10/10
Wait, are they making a Jetsons comic too?

I haven't heard any news on it but it seems likely. These books are selling better than their previous licensed books

So It's Jim Henson's Dinosaurs now?

By the way I hope you guys are taking the time to look at the background art. A lot of good jokes there

I'm enjoying it thoroughly. Never thought I'd read a vaguely gritty flintstones comic.

And we're done. If you liked it support the official release. The books really going to need the numbers

I actually can't help but read them in the original voices.

Surprisingly sweet ending there.

It's a shame I don't buy singles anymore. As soon as a trade comes out I'll def pick it up,

Fixed

Well fuck me that was pretty bleak. Never thought I'd see post modern Flintstones.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the storytime user, here's to you

I stop reading Fred and Barney's lines in John Goodman's and Rick Moranis's voices, respectfully.

>It's a shame I don't buy singles anymore.

If you have the money, consider buying the digital copy on Comixology.

Going by the CMX bestseller list for the week it was released, Flintstones #1 did...pretty badly in digital sales, which is probably where DC wanted to see results he most. As a comparison, Wacky Raceland #1 performed just as bad and was almost instantly reduced to a 6 issue mini.

Obviously, Flintstones will have more support on the physical side by being a more well-known name than Wacky Raceland. But even then, it could use any/all help.

I'm guessing Jetsons comes after Wacky Racers finishes

god damnit

I've not actually seen anything official saying Wacky Raceland was reduced to a mini

>On sale SEPTEMBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, 4 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T+

ign.com/articles/2016/06/24/dc-comics-solicitations-for-september-2016

Holy Morp, that was excellent.

On a semi-related note: is Morp in the original show? I don't remember it at all.

Also I'm excited/dreading the appearance of the Great Gazoo.

>This pleases me..

New reaction face.

I am beyond excited for Great Gazoo

maybe my most hype hypotheical comic appearance this year

Thanks for the dump, senpai.

Scientists believe monogamy exists because of stds spread by having sex with a bunch of people; cave men concluded that it was bad to have sex with more than one person. I guess bedrock could have condoms though, made out of snake skins perhaps?

You're way behind, friendo.

That Pebbles though

You're not alone my friend.

I fucking loved it.

It was dark, mature and absolutely charming.

Cannot WAIT to read #2.

Always knew Russell would do a good job on this, his Prez was great.

okhand

>wanting historical accuracy from Flintstones

"People say kids can't understand the difference between fact and fiction, but that's bullshit, kids understand that real crabs don't sing like the ones in The Little Mermaid. But you give an adult fiction, and the adult starts asking really fucking dumb questions like 'How does Superman fly? How do those eyebeams work? Who pumps the Batmobile's tires?' It's a fucking made-up story, you idiot! Nobody pumps the tires!" ~ Grant Morrison

I wish I had my own Philip

Motherfucker.

This was far better than I expected. Initially I hated the art style but it grew on me. I can't wait for more in depth back and forth between Fred and Barney.