What's the concensus on this show?

What's the concensus on this show?

>archer is GOAT in the early seasons
>constant "muh black" references
>great voice acting
>too many references and callbacks that literally become memes as the show goes on
overall, I had a great time. Archer's VA really makes it worthwhile and I laughed out loud a lot, but the last season was bad

Well, I've watched all 8 seasons so far, so I gotta stick around and see how it all ends.

I gotta keep reminding myself that last season was a dream sequence and that Lana is NOT dead.

It was nice to see that they brought Cecil back, but he acted too much like Gene from Bob's Burgers. (Yeah I know it's the same voice actor, but still) but what was up with making Pam a cross gender corrupt dyke cop? Geeze!

Season 8 is completely unremarkable in every way and not worth talking about at all imo. They literally fucked EVERYTHING up

also forgot to mention, fucking hated most of the cameos like burt reynolds, but guest voices that do some other character (like Jon Hamm) were fine

In my book Season 1 and 2 are comedy kino on the same level as golden era Simpsons

3 is still outstanding but it's around here the cracks start forming and you start feeling like you're watching a series of in-jokes ad nausem to the point where you can predict when the next one happens

It's gotten to the point where I watch it on mute because the jokes have become so obnoxious but I love the aesthetic too much to turn it off.

Only seasons 1-3 are worth watching

Seasons 1-3 were gold
Season 4 was a little weak
Season 5 kind of rebooted everything and managed to be better than 4
Season 6 was hit or miss
Season 7 was actually really hilarious for me and felt like a good way to bookend the series
watched one episode of 8, didn't laugh once and stopped watching altogether

this

Pam's a man in dreamland.

agreed, pretty good rating

Seasons 1-2 are maybe my favorite seasons of a cartoon ever

Drops off after that significantly

is the latest season even worth watching? I watched like 1 episode and forgot about it

I quit watching after Season 3. By Season 3 it was already starting to reference itself and randomly apply its own old jokes into situations that did not warrant it for a cheap laugh. That's the end of any show for me. It's amazing to me that they're apparently still going.

Can someone redpill me on H. Jon Benjamin? He literally does the same voice for all of his characters.

It's shit, don't know what they were thinking, Archer is good because of the characters, spending a whole season with zero character development is JUST

Archer Vice was the last great season tbqhfam

Season 7 was pretty rough, every episode the characters actually have a conversation about how to work in their catchphrases.

Yeup, for me four is the last season that is bearable, but it's still pretty rough.

>devolves into in-jokes and self-referential humor in only 2.5 seasons
Has any show beaten this time? It's remarkable how fast they resorted to it

>but guest voices that do some other character (like Jon Hamm) were fine
when did hamm do a voice?

it was that 2 episode finale where Cheryl's brother flies the crew to an underwater station. The bad guy was voiced by Jon Hamm. pretty easy to recognize, Hamm has a unique raspyness to his voice

it's so stupid as well, like one of the ongoing jokes is how they constantly reference that Charlton Heston line from planet of the apes, they've done it like at least 6 or 7 times now

his work on Archer is excellent. just sounds like the most confident, self-assured, entitled guy ever. constantly yelling 'shut up' and ignoring anyone else's shit-talking. he's a great example on confidence, because Archer is good looking, has great credentials as an agent and in bed, is important to the team, so he can do what he wants. great lesson in being an ALPHA male, at least in the early seasons before the show throws him into too many beta situations, because later on he's getting constantly fucked up by everything and everyone and gets super emotional about random shit

They were coming up with great material for the first two ish seasons and if they just kept that up it would have been a fantastic show. But right at the end of Season 2 and especially Season 3 all of a sudden they almost entirely stopped making new jokes and material and began relying on the stuff they established in 1, and 2 ad infinitum. So frustrating. Couldn't watch it anymore, I can only laugh at the same catchphrase or wacky, over the top nonsensical conversation so many times. Honest to god it felt like watching repeats by the time I quit tuning in.