Tell me is this a good idea for a show

Tell me is this a good idea for a show.

A 25 year old woman gets booted out of her parents house because she is too lazy to do anything and ends up working for the king as a knight, gets fired because she does a sloppy job killing the dragon destroying the castle regardless that she was the only one to be in good if not great shape when everyone else got burned to a crisp.

She ends up becoming a freelance knight when living with a magic cat girl who not only runs a shop but the shop is also her house and a male freelance knight who left a boarding house due to a augment with it's owner.

All 3 characters are 25 years of age and it is a mix between Gummi Bears and Futurama.

Is this a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6P_ugpuRStQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.

I particulary don't believe in you tho, Ad I would change plenty of things.

>Tell me is this a good idea for a show.

It's not.

What you have are 3 ill-defined characters and the vague semblance of a setting with nothing engaging whatsoever,

How, a parody of knights and kingdom show is needed.

How are they ill-defined? People said the same thing about The Simpsons and Futurama and looked what happen with them.

You don't have a script or the popularity of another series to promote the new one.

sounds fine, though I can't wrap my head around the idea that a female NEET could get a job as a knight and even then be considered in good shape for a soldier

Life In Hell was not that big until The Simpsons came.

And the Simpsons rode the wave the Tracy Ullman Show and FOX taking huge risks in it's early years, which was made possible through nepotism.

She is not a NEET, she is just lazy as she has no interest in nerdy/geeky things.

People only give a rat's ass about The Tracy Ullman Show only because of The Simpsons and it was not Fox taking those risks, those were from Warner Bros, Fox just funded and aired those shows was all.

I don't know about OP's show, but I'm making a show with goddamn magical fighter jets/robots. There will be explosions, there will eurobeat, there will be a magical girl with a A-10 familiar. No idea what the story will be, or if it will make any sense, but fuck it lets do this.

Hey, man, thanks for the good idea! Totally gonna steal it now and sell it to my exec buddies

Okay, then you need to explain how she passed the pt test for Knights.

Thats just fuller, in short she just got the job.

This is so bare-bones it's like you only gave it 10 minutes of thought before making the thread. A fully formed idea is going to have more to go on than a couple characters and their trifling backstory. From your half-baked pitch all I get is that you want some medieval/fantasy comedy adventure. You've basically pitched a setting and a genre.

Furthermore, you've tried to fill in the lack of a coherent idea with unnecessary details

>25 years old
>didn't get burned to a crisp
>magic cat girl
>guy left a boarding house

You haven't said anything about who these characters really are.I don't know anything about the characters except the girl is lazy. That's it. One character trait between 3 characters is all you've said.

Your post is devoid of substance. How can you read your own post and ask "is this a good idea?" Honest question: How old are you?

It's also a comedy like Futurama so expect it to be funny as well.

>magic cat girl

Like a girl with cat ears or a girl that can turn into a cat? I prefer the latter, I prefer if she can only turn into a jungle cat of some type, Lion, Jaguar, Cheetah etc. But still acts like a house cat.

The lazy girl should constantly end up in others loosened the jar situations. Her parents know about it that's why they kicked her out. But through some series of events she ends up being a knight because of the loosened jar "technique". And her early career as a night seems pretty spectacular to everyone except when it's finally discovered most of the other knights have been dying this whole time doing the heavy lifting until the job that gets her fired comes along. And it's pretty much the same thing, she technically defeats the dragon but because someone else just happened to survive and insists she didn't do anything until the very last minute, it calls into question about all her other "victories".

The male knight tenant should be an insanely rich hoarder. He has gold and jewels and wealth from all his adventures as a knight but refuses to let go of any of them. That's what his argument with his last landlord was about. He has all this incredible stuff, rare magical items, piles of gold and treasure chests but he only pays rent with the payment he agreed upon for taking the mission so he lives the life of a rather poor individual that can't always pay rent on time.

You should also switch up their ages but they could all still be in their twenties.

>medieval/fantasy comedy adventure with modern day tech.
Thats the plan.

As for the characters.

>Mindy Dindy
Human, nice, good nature and well meaning but is also lazy and self centered, became a knight just for the money.

>Lilian (Lily)
Cat girl, magic user in the batch, she is a kind, bright and energetic magic girl, wheres a hat so people will think she is a normal human due to racist folks against cat people (she even went to magic collage in Quebec (City) because of it, also hides her tail in a dress as well), her sister lives in Northern Ireland along side her husband and daughter (Marian) who is only 3 years old (Lily and the other main 2 characters live in Ireland itself).

>Jacob
Human, male, he is a sly cool man who tends to be a loner but also is a ladies man and a world class freelance knight as well, mostly keeps to himself but is willing to hang out with Mindy and Lily (and other women) due to his nature.

Girl with cat ears (and people ears so 4 ears in total)

Mindy get better as the story goes on and Mindy kill's the dragon right away because of the money, she not only kills the dragon she also wrecks the castle and gets fired for it and disobeying orders from the king.

Jacob has all of his loot in a bank account and does not hold alot of cash on hand.

Your ideas aren't bad. Nothing on the drawing board ever is, until the creator gives up and settles for the incomplete product. But like other anons in this thread have said; you've presented us with the bare minimum.

Go back and write your every though on this concept down. Give us
>characterization
>settings
>plot
>a script

This last one is the most important. It doesn't have to be a massive 60-page book, it just has to present all the former ideas and concepts neatly and effectively. Even something only 3 pages long can do this well.

Don't give up though. If you want your show to be successful then just keep improving and building on your ideas until you've got until you've got a following.

Here's a doodle I made for you about your NEET knight.

Mindy looks much cuter then that.

This is Mindy.

Made her less Cal-arts like

I was thinking that the first drawing looked more like Klasky Csupo then Cal Arts, now your pitch looks more like a Treky.

Anyway Mindy is supposed to match Warner Bros style animation from the 40s and 90s.

sounds good to me

Thanks.

bump

You are either underage b& or a ChrisChan-style autist.

That doodle looks straight out of Sonichu.

That is false.

The plan with Mindy is to put Voltron: Legendary Defender to shame.

Buddy, if the plan doesn't include going back in time and spacing out your vaccines I don't think it's gonna work.

>Title
EKSCHAИGE GIЯLS
>Genre
Comedy
>Plot
Sandy, an average American schoolgirl does a student exchange program with Sonya, a girl from a fictional Eastern European country.
Both girls will have to switch families and go in each other's country for the time of the exchange.
The problem is that the Eastern European country is a war-torn shithole ridden with crime and poverty.

Fun and culture clash ensues for each girl, but their experience is quite different.
For the Eastern European girl in America, it is more "The parent trap" meet "Star vs". For the American girl in Eastern Europe it is more "The parent trap" meet "Gravity Falls".

And the whole thing is "the Simpsons" meet "Borat"

A wandering serial killer with advanced paranoid schizophrenia befriends a latchkey kid, believing himself as their protectorate from the "demons" in an otherwise normal (if shitty) city. The kid's father is a detective that has been tracking the killer for years as his "one case".

In the climax at the end of the season, the father finds out that his daughter has befriended the killer he's been hunting. This ends with the killer and detective having a shootout in an abandoned warehouse.

That's when the killer saves the detective's life from a demon looking to take advantage of the chaos.

The second season switches gears from a character study and thriller to a supernatural spooktacular showdown.

Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=6P_ugpuRStQ