The original nightmare on elm street sucked

The original nightmare on elm street movie was a confusing mess. It's like they settled on the fact that all they wanted to make was a movie based on the concept of dreaming, but couldn't agree on what they wanted. The movie fails because there's no rules for this concept. You can say that it's meant to be confusing, And that's what makes it good to most people. To me, that just seems like a shit way to cover for a shit film. Hell, I liked the sequel and the remake better. The sequel, while still a bit of a confusing ride too felt a bit more worked on, and the characters weren't anything but teenagers. Jesse comes off as relatable and likeable. He acts just like how your supposed to act when dealing with a burned up ghost. Not trying to mock it and then just say it doesn't exist. The remake was good to me because it finally gave the whole dream thing rules, and it gave a good explanation for why the kids could see him even when they were awake. Big plus for making Freddy actually creepy again. The make up was kind of dumb, admittedly. I think the main thing I could say I didn't like about it was that the teens seemed way too bland.

I love horror but in the 70s and 80s the standards for coherent plotlines and endings that aren't tacked on were much lower. People wanted to be scared, see tits, and have a fun time. Most Freddy movies have terrible endings, they're just cheap entertainment, the directors and writers weren't trying to make great pieces of art.

>watching a slasher flick about dude who haunts dreams and kills hot teens
>complain about retarded plot holes
I fucking hate you guys sometimes. Also the remake is flaming dogshit.

Dreams are confusing.

Wait,
>he liked the remake better
/thread

>It's like they settled on the fact that all they wanted to make was a movie based on the concept of dreaming, but couldn't agree on what they wanted.
Who are "they?" You know the movie was written and directed by one guy right? Are you saying he couldn't agree with himself?

I would have rather seen a movie about why he was burned to death in the first place.

This is probably the greatest example of a horror movie being good only through nostalgia.

Recently rewatched it and it was so bad.

He was a kid toucher and the town burned him alive on elm street. They aren't gonna make a movie about kid torture for you, fucking moron.

Hey, I get that completely. I'm just confused why other people don't get that too. This chop shop of a movie is somehow still getting jerked off under the table still. That's what gets at me. I know people can go like whatever they want, but the thing is, is that I get shit on for liking the remake. So why not chew into this and show it for what it was?

You can feel however you want about the original but it's still a million times better than that dogshit remake.

You do know that producers and studio executives also get a say on the movie too, right? I'm not sure if that's the case though. I'm just saying it feels very mixed up, and doesn't flow right. But also, yes. I'm not entirely sure Wes knew what he wanted at the time either.

Nostalgia, most likely. If a movie makes any kind of emotional impact on you as a child that sticks with you and you always remember it when rewatching it. If I watch NoES today and I'm just watching it to pick it apart I can find incredible holes in it and it's ultimately not a great movie, but if I watch it for fun I completely enjoy it in spite of its flaws.
Similarly, I saw Troll 2 on late night cable tv when I was a kid and certain scenes legitimately creeped me out and made me feel very uneasy. As a result I genuinely love it today, not in the way most people do, as a 'so bad its good' shitfest, I generally like it as a film and enjoy watching it. Nostalgia is a powerful emotional tool.

Also it's a product of its time, that's just the way things were back then so you can't expect it to be anything other than what it is.

OP is a whiny bitch that doesn't know how to have fun.

I bet he didn't even smile at the Super Freddy bit in part 5.

>nostalgia
No
See: Me

Dude, I love shit like Freddy got fingered and the gingerdead man. I'm not being bitchy, this movie just isn't fun. It's a mess.

>The original nightmare on elm street movie was a confusing mess.
>The remake was good to me

I do love Robert Englund and his performance as Freddy, but I would rather watch the remake over the first NoES. Like you said, I like how they give more of an explanation on Freddy and his powers and I like Jackie Earle Haley's performance, even though it wasn't iconic, he was still pretty scary. It's pretty rare to meet someone who prefers the remake over the original, I know people who would lose it if I admitted it.

But I admit it anyway because fuck people, I like what I like.

>I liked the sequel
fag
>and the remake better
it was the worst platinum dune remake Freddy didn't even live on fucking Elm Street! also at a point they then think he was innocent and wrongly killed by their parents wtf? yeah the guy that's been killing your friends in their dreams and giving you all these fucking nightmares was just a good guy who was wrongfully persecuted how retarded do you have to be to think that and not to mention that CGI wall gag dear god it's like they were trying to show how much better the practical effect was
also no one in their right mind would hire a guy that looked like Jackie Earl Haley as a gardener for a pre-school

Same, I prefer most remakes, apart from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, although the 2003 one was fucking amazing.

What does it matter if he lived on elm street or not? He's going after the kids who got him killed. He doesn't just have a thing for roads called elm street.(before you say "well, that's what the sequel was about". No it wasn't. He just wanted to get back in to killing kids, because guess what? He's fucked up.) Why does it matter if he could have been innocent? Honestly, I was more let down that wasn't the case. It could have given the series a new spin, but instead it decide to give a last minute effort to appease the whiny fucks who liked the original. Congratulations, in a way, you indirectly helped me see an actual flaw with the remake I haven't seen before. Have yourself a sticker. Also, the cgi wall wasn't too bad actually. Did it look incredible? No. But I don't think it really was meant to.

how could he be the bastard son of a thousand maniacs. clearly only one of them would be his father even if they all raped the nun

>confusing
>I watched it as a child and understood it perfectly fine
Maybe you're just a pleb, did you ever consider that?

That's what people called him ya dafuse.

You're such a faggot OP

>Jesse comes off as relatable and likeable
You really are a faggot.