Name a shittier horror from the past year

Name a shittier horror from the past year.

What in the literal fuck was this?

This was the result of someone reading about Aokigahara and deciding that what one of the most naturally creepy places on the planet really needed was a lame-ass American adaptation full of unnecessary supernatural bullshit and terrible dialogue.

>>>>CAN'T BE SCARY WITHOUT GHOSTS RIGHT

Didn't see it, but was it worse than Blair Witch?

The other Aokigahara movie released last year was pretty terrible too.

Easily worse.

Are the last three in that pic worth a look? Blair Witch was awful, don't care for RE and The Boy was mediocre.

>Are the last three in that pic worth a look?
Considering that list consists of the films I rated lowest since 2016, I wouldn't recommend them. Here is what I would, though.

Apart from a handful of flicks, we have similar taste, user.

Shocking. Typically I get replies of my list/taste is shit and the like. Cheers user! Go-to recs many haven't seen: Altered States, Splinter (2008) and Uzumaki.

I liked The Void a lot. Bump it up to a 7 or 8 so we can be friends.

We can all agree that there hasn't been a good horror movie released since the original paranormal activity, and even that was sparingingly alright.

It seems like every decade had its own shit, like slasher films of the 80s, or the demonic 70s icons like the Excorcist and The Omen, but it seems we've been trying to run this paranormal shit into the ground for almost 15 years.

Do you mean mainstream releases? I see better movies than Paranormal Activity on the reg 2bh.

I really enjoy a lot of "non-horror" horrors that have come out in the last few years desu (It Follows, vvitch, etc) simply for the atmosphere and vibe even if the scares are sparse.

As much as I loved the PFX and the mood, the script, characters and dialogue were atrocious. I don't want to lose you, but I have to stay true to my ratings, I hope you understand. It was a triumph of script compared to Harbinger Down, otoh...

>well you see it's not a real horror movie if there aren't enough jump scares
Awful post, truly terrible.

Wow buddy, that's hurtful.

What's a good horror movie I can watch tonight? Lights Out?

they used the "japanese suicide forest" idea, but it wasn't even necessary for the plot. they could've made a "suicide forest" anywhere. and she just finds the another non-japanese person in the forest?

It's a letdown.

Watch The Eyes of My Mother or something.

Your list is atrocious. Some of those aren't even horror.

ok thanks

I was kinda excited to see this one since I was a fan of the first ones (us and jap version)

>most generic chad and stacy leaving for college lovestory
>terrible cgi and camera angles at the creepy parts
>the ring video isn't as scary as it was 15 years ago
>that scene were they enter some "underground hipsterclub" were people watch the ring video, with neon signs on the wall, students working on their macbooks and trance music is playing in the background

I liked the boy, mediocre film but the twist kinda got me by surprise