Why do the X-Men fly around in a SR-71?

Why do the X-Men fly around in a SR-71?

why not?

It was tax deductible

Back in the day it was the super spy plane.

Radar invisible, it held speed and altitude records for a long while.

When they decided in the comics that the Xmen would fly a modded plane stolen from the air force, it's not strange they went for the best at the time.

i think it was upgraded with space technology from xaviers space girlfriend also

>more like ayyyvier

Shut up, Meg.

It still holds the speed record and IIRC only spacecraft have gone higher.

because it's fucking cool

Rogue thread?

Rogue thread

it's the fastest plane ever built, so it made the most sense for them to travel in it

officially. unofficially who knows what crazy shit they have that isn't declassified yet, you gotta realize how crazy it is, they designed the prototypes in 1959

NINETEEN FIFTY-NINE. to give you an idea these were the cars people were driving then.

the government denied stealth helicopters for decades until one went down in the bin laden raid

who knows what exotic shit they are cooking up at area 51

obligatory

90s animators pushed it as far as they could. can't count how many times rogue and poison ivy gave me confusing thoughts as a young kid

>tfw i'll never be a genius engineer working at skunkworks/other government sponsored black ops programs with unlimited funding developing new technologies for the greatest country on earth

>IIRC
fucking reddit fags get out now!!!!

I thought reddit spacing was just a meme until I saw this post

Half the people you give you's to these days are redditors at this point. If full ch@n actually had decent traffic on more than 3 boards I'd have migrated by now. Reddit spacers, kinofags, and nupol infest this board now m8

>Radar invisible
that's a negative
the sr71 was a low observable jet, not stealth
it had a cross section of 3 square meters.
3meter square is impressive for a jet that's fucking HUGE
lite up like a christmas tree on russian radar.

Its what Xavier used his mind control to steal. he thought it looked cool

The SR-71 was absolutely a stealth aircraft. It wasn't "radar invisible" but no aircraft is or ever was. It was one of the pioneers in modern stealth technology - it was the first designed specifically around radar absorbing composites and a light-scattering shape. Saying it wasn't "stealth" because there are modern aircraft with a lower RCS (and evidently equating "stealth" and "invisible") just shows your ignorance.

Jim Lee thought it looked cool.

You mean why did they choose a BLACKbird?
Idk, but it definitely has nothing to do with (((them))) forcing an agenda, that's for darn sure!

Because it looks cool, you fucking idiot.

the look is awesome as well the plane itself was incredible for its day.

I thought one of those military x-planes held the record. I know the test pilots were officially classified as astronauts because they broke some arbitrary altitude limit.

For the same reason people drink Coca-Cola and smoke cigarettes in film: Advertising, which is another word for public relations, which is identical to propaganda.

>Jim Lee

Underaged faggot

An old history professor I had was a former NSA agent and had a big spiel about how long new tech is classified. The cutting edge stuff we know about is a minimum of 25 to 50 years old.

>arbitrary
well, you have to define a limit somewhere

Idk but I actually got to see one last summer it was kinda cool

>look at me guys! i know that it was a blackbird!

are you retarded?

If the X-Men were to choose another aircraft today, what would it be? What's the Blackbird's equivalent in present day?

One of those supersonic unmanned drones.

looks like someone went to the udvar museum.

kek. YOU PAID FOR SCHOOL.

Better question is, why the fuck did our military pull these magnificent planes from service?

satellites

Looks like someone has a shitty camera.
Also, that's not a real SR-71. It's a Decepticon.

They need a troop carrier.

Why the fuck would they choose and unmanned drone that they can't even sit on top of?

For fun.

How do they all fit inside it?

You do realize the SR-71 couldn't actually carry troops either right?

You mean Buton Lee?

Yeah, him and Rip Kirby.

>SR-71
>VTOL

pick one, nerd

That's insane to think about. A little scary, too.

It's also untrue.
Sure, there may be SOME tech which is highly advanced and not available/known to the public but it certainly isn't fucking most of it.

We'll yeah, but he was specifically talking about the cutting edge classified tech.

>Cutting edge classified tech is classified
Wew. Really gets the noggin joggin.

Did they ever explain how Cyclops's brother firing a laser at an SR-71 engine caused an explosion large enough to blow up a Mansion?

>gets the noggin joggin
Well something better, because at the present, you're coming across like a moron.

:^)

jet fuel melts mansions

>people actually get triggered by nigger, faggot, racism, and off topic political jabs now
Helluva time we live in

>its not a stealth aircraft
Stealth craft dont rely on speed and altitude

How do xmen afford a 2.2 billions dollar aircraft ?

That's why the Blackbird was so OP - highest, fastest, and proto-stealth.

Xavier is RICH as fuck

>How do the most powerful people on earth afford a 2.2 billion dollar aircraft

I wonder.

>Oy vey, you want to join our school, don't you?
>Don't you worry, you just have to pay a small fee per semester to cover our expenses

>it was totally Magneto who robbed that bank
>trust us goyim we're the X-Men!

Xavier used his mind powers to win big at poker

>Implying you need money when you can literally just tell people to give you shit

>ywn mind power a gf

But Xavier is powerful and successful. He doesn't need to use his mind powers to get poon.

because it's still the coolest looking plane ever made

What should they fly around in?

It really is. It's whole aesthetic just screams speed and power.

>SR71

It was an A-12 you noobs