2000ad Dredd prog 1990 and meg 374 Storytime

Where Texas-city Judges forgot their helmets.

Other urls found in this thread:

judge-dredd.wikia.com/wiki/Lewis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Meg 374

Goddammit Dredd what did he just tell you?

This plot was ripped straight out of something else, wasn't it? Can't remember the name though.

Only thing I'm sure is that a similar story was already made in a past issue.

Gimme link nigger

This is the face of a man who's had enough of Dredd's shit.

Thanks for the storytime!

So MC1 is attacking Texas City now?

Good stuff OP

its based on a Hitchcock film, which has been parodied many many times. Simpsons did it. twice.

Doesn't seem like it. They don't have nearly enough firepower to go up against another Mega-City, so Hershey intends to install a new Texas Chief Judge who's loyal to MC-1 and has psychic abilities to boot.
Funny enough, she's going to use Oswin's plan against them.

Holy shit.

This is going to be good.

It's nice to see Hershey playing chessmaster for once. Seems like everyone has been doing it around her, Dredd especially. Plus, it does seem to guarantee she'll stick around a while longer. That said, I'm mad as Hell they spent like three pages setting up her still being as strong and fast as a woman in her thirties only to never actually do anything with it other than bruising two texans.
Oh well. It's still better than Enceladus.

Enceladus, oh god she was awful in it, only making bad call. It was time they write her being smart like she use to be.

How is Hershey gonna install Anderson of chief judge of tex city or is that gonna be explained in a later issue?

She's no Judge Anderson. She is Lewis.
judge-dredd.wikia.com/wiki/Lewis

It was terrible. What's worse is that Williams was on the 2000AD podcast just a month or so before the ending talking about how Dredd had all these strong female characters and how interesting her relation to Dredd was and so on and so forth.
Then comes the story and she gets knocked out halfway in and spends the rest of it as a very well-dressed potato sack.
Mind you, it wasn't much better here, but it was still light years ahead of that shit.

Probably explained in a later issue. She says she intends to do it. How she'll manage to pull that off is gonna be either real smart or a complete ass-pull.

I forgot how much I can't stand Dan Abnett these days.

When I was a kid I didn't mind but something about the way he writes grates on me.

He isn't so bad when he's working as part of a writing team I guess but fuck that 3rd issue there was a slog for me while the other 3 posted were a breeze.

As easy as crossing the street...

Nae bother.

at the end of the day its good to get some iconic dredd villains again, oswin and thorn were both 10/10

Bump.

The short strips are always fun and show how much satirical Dredd stories can be.

50 year old virgin no more.

"Just put on a fucking band aid, I can't be arsed anymore."