Can we finally admit that this show was genuinely good?

Can we finally admit that this show was genuinely good?

Ok

Maybe if you pretend like season 5 never happened

Whats wrong with it

It was though. Except for the last season. That was a pile of shit and the finale was the biggest disappointment.

Season 4 was great

Season 5 was too grim, the show is supposed to be a dark comedy

I have a friend that relates to Aaron Paul from this show, minus the drugs. I can't think of a worse person from a tv show to relate to.

Yeah it was, but I hated the plane crash stuff and the second half of the final season. Lydia ruined it for me.

First let me say that I'm a huge Breaking Bad fan, but, honestly, season 5 was such a cluster fuck. I really enjoyed it at the time, but moving from the intrigue of the cartel to racist biker gang was, frankly, dumb. I understand that the writers were under tremendous pressure and felt like they had to up the ante to remain fresh and surprising, but it's poor story telling to drop all of the established relationships and backstory built up surrounding Gus, especially since doing so meant that Walter faced almost zero consequences for his death. The spirit of season 5 was spot on, but the details were just balls.

I forget, did anything happen after the plane crash or was that just one of those "look how clever we are for foreshadowing this at the bar" moments?

The plane crash was just so they could have body bags at Walt's house in the trailer.

>flippant badass who becomes a sniveling coward at the drop of a hat every 15 seconds
got really annoying near the end, maybe acceptable near the beginning, but come the fuck on, you can only have so many badass moments before you've lost all consistency

I don't think you understood Breaking Bad

>my husband has not more than 2 years left, he's dying
>he does unspeakable shit to pay for his treatement, almost getting killed a few times
>he also wants to provide for his family even when he's long gone, he thinks about them
>he pays for Hank's treatment, both Marie and Hank should be grateful, they weren't
In return what did he get?

>I FUCKED TED
>Y-YOU'RE N-N-NOT M-MY D-DAD
>I will fucking bring you down, you son of a bitch
>GET HIM HANK :)))

This show perfectly depicts that you're truly alone in everything you have to face.

That was such BS, they teased us with 3 bodybags and cops everywhere outside Walt's house all season then it turned out to be a bunch of people we never meet from a plane crash that's never mentioned again.

the more i think about it the less i like it.

Walt Jr was the most disgusting

>lies and deals drugs
>endangers the families lives on more than one occasion
>almost gets the house burned down by his meth head coworker
>responsible for the assassination attempt and then eventual death of her sister's husband
>emotionally manipulative
>on top of it all, he could have had treatment payed for by his old business partner but he is more worried about his ego
>refuses to see that what he did was wrong
how do you not understand this? We're shown time and time again that Walt valued his pride over his own family. I mean I know Skylar is a dumb whore, but compared to Walt she is a saint.

Who the fuck ever denied this?

It's literally the most acclaimed telivision show of all time, more than the sopranos

It's good but it's still horrendously overrated so I hate it.

I don't have friends and watched it by myself and legitimately enjoyed it

It's am amazing show. Truly one of the best that there's ever been.

All of this null and void because Skylar has no redeeming qualities. Terrible writing, doomed that actor forever.

season 5 kinda ruins it
they could have just left it at season 4 and it'd be fine

plebs despise s5, just like patricians despise anything after s1, because they think s2--s4 were good like patricians know that s1 was good.

The plane crash was retarded

>plebs despise s5
no they don't
plebs love s5

not really. but i understand where you're coming from user. I thought just like you back when I finished it up. But on paper, Walt is truly a scumbag. If anything, it's great writing and a great performance by Cranston that makes us so sympathetic to him and despise Skylar.

Last season was easily the best one.

Overall it's an ok show.

Walt is an Anglo-Saxon taking matters in his own hands.

If his family stood behind him, he wouldn't have any problems with what you just mentioned. Pinkman was a fuckup, not Walt.

What.

You obviously weren't posting here when this was airing, I don't what shit posters are saying now but when it was on, it was loved.

This would have been good. But the thing about Hank -- of course he loves Hank. He's only in conflict with him after he started getting into the drug business and wanting to be a bigger man (intimidated by Hank's size and job). But you're ignoring the 15-something years before the show, where Hank was probably one of his best buddies (since Walt really doesn't have any friends).

Yeah I don't doubt that Walt loved Hank, but at the same time the things you mentioned, being intimated by Hank was something that happened way before Walt got into making meth. You have to remember that in the beginning Walt seemed rather timid, and even in the first episode Hank was making all kinds of jabs towards Hank. Of course that's just Hank's personality since he kinda does that with all his friends, but I don't see the two of them as 'close buds', honestly it seems like Walt isn't the kind of guy who had any friends. Sure you see people at his Birthday party but you outside of Hank you don't really see any of Walt's 'friends' throughout the series (Unless you count Elliot and Gretchen). To me it seems more like Walt tolerated Hank since he was family, their personalities seemed to different for them to be good/close friends.

Absolutely this

Thinking about it, you're probably right. Hank was always too much of a loud-mouth for Walt, an extroverted type that Walt loathed because he reminded him of everything he himself is not.

Good for about 20 episodes. That's it.

They probably bonded over bitching about their wives

Do you think they ever went to the gym together

Maybe they 'bonded' over that

It's a good but ridiculously overrated show that relied a lot on cliffhangers and meme dialog. I've had no compulsion to re-watch any of it, and on the few occasions that I did, the flaws were jumping out at me left and right.

>If anything, it's great writing and a great performance by Cranston that makes us so sympathetic to him and despise Skylar.
hating Skyler/rooting for Walt is a basic pleb filter

I liked S1 then S5 the most. What does that make me?