How did one meme BTFO an entire religion?

How did one meme BTFO an entire religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False-consensus_effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lambright can tell you!

Because atheists are inherently fucking idiots.

Stand for nothing, fall for anything.
It was inevitable.

It only works on Sup Forumstards because they're insecure as fuck.

Atheism is growing in the US and has been for a while.

Also, not a religion.

>Atheism is growing in the US and has been for a while.

Yes, and look how well it's treating our culture and our civilization.

Our future doctors and engineers, instead of studying or working, are out getting STDs while high on acid and ecstasy.

Lmao I wasn't aware that doing molly or lucy stops you from being a Doctor or engineer, Are you also saying that all atheists do hallucinogens? What a weird assumption.

I'd believe in God if I could. :(
>tfw euphoric

>Atheism
>Growing

Not really. It's been stuck in 3%-5% land forever. Atheists are so desperate to pad their numbers that they're usually reduced to trying to pretend all "no religion" poll responders are atheists. "Hey, we're 20% now you guise!"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False-consensus_effect

The fedora meme was, and still is, isolated to cesspools like Sup Forums, some subleddits, parts of Tumblr, etc. When someone mentions it in a normal part of the Internet, they get shunned and rightfully seen as scummy wannabe bullies. They become tainted.

I doubt atheism is rising though. Secularism is, irreligiousness is, bu atheism specifically? Doesn't seem like it.

just read the butthurt posts in this thread and you have your answer op

No religion is growing consistently, it's a safe bet that atheism is a signfiicant part of the no religion category.

I'm agnostic, I just think you guys are fuckin clowns.

Why man? What's the appeal?

It's just mind boggling how complex everything is. God would make it all fit together much better. Not one that writes books or anything, just something to get the ball rolling.

Why would you assume that a tribal ape on one planet out of trillions would be able to easily understand the universe as a whole? Nothing about nature says that should be true.

That doesn't make the bible true.

I don't want to believe in the God of Abraham. He's a cuck. Just a creator. Not a loving or even caring creator. Just a creator.

It appears as though the whole "nu-atheist" movement, and by that I mean teenagers who have skimmed through The God Delusion and now understand the intricacies of centuries of theology and are therefore in a position to denounce it, has become a subject of ridicule. For a while it was trendy to bash religion but now people are beginning to see that in the absence of religion, very ugly things tend to take its place.

Why does it matter? It's not like its interfering now. Everything that happens in your surroundings can be explained by cause and effect and the laws of physics.

Does the start matter?

>being on Sup Forums
>believing in God

choose one.

If you seriously believed, wtf do you think your God would judge your pathetic ass?

Yes, it does.

It's all a matter of purpose and fullfillment.

It's not just the start though. The whole thing is nuts. The story of the universe from beginning til now is fucking miraculous. Our atoms were birthed in stars forever ago and now we're on a Tibetan nigger hating website chatting shit.

Religion is a gift I have not yet had the pleasure of receiving.

This is the polite way of telling my religious in laws that I am superior to them.

Right, but it's a myth so it's just a feel good story.

I can find purpose, happiness, love and fulfillment in life without being a Christian. I'm a pretty happy dude.

I know man, all the more reason why our reality is way more amazing than any bible or bullshit can illustrate. We're biological machines built, designed and driven by acid molecules that have been replicating and refining their vehicles through natural selection for 4.5 billion years.

It's amazing.

>My Wife's Son: The Country
Go suck Reichskanzlerin Merkel's cock-like clit.
G*rmans and G*rmanroaches have no right to free speech or opinion here.

We're also made of air, water and earth while being ultimately powered by the sun. Holy shit I love nature.

This. If anything people are more likely to turn to religion in times of economic turmoil. But irreligiosity and secularism is rising across the world.

>Also, not a religion.
when tied to other foundational assumptions, such as materialism, it gives an account of human origins (dumb matter!), purpose (none!), and destiny (heat death of the universe!). therefore, it qualifies as a religion.

>believing in something you cannot prove
>not a religion

This.

People seems more and more just to not give a shit about belief or nonbelief as a whole.

Dat overreaction tho

Religion is about faith, worship and supernatural deities by definition. I'm not talking about any of that, I'm talking about the story of our reality as the evidence shows. Not being religious is not a religion by definition.

Try something else.

Look up the definition of religion for me real quick chief. Absence of belief is not a belief.

because the fedora meme demonstrates that contrary to the freethinking individuals atheists thought they were, they are in fact mostly sheep spouting the same old tired scripture
just like the religious people they despise

It is our holy Serbian duty to remove G*rmany from the interwebz.
Deus Vult.

Arguing semantics is pretty useless to be honest.

Literally the only place where I see atheists or non-religious people mocked for their beliefs is on Sup Forums. Not in real life certainly. The majority of people I know are non-religious or very low key and half assed christians.

Not when the other person trying to fit a concept in a category that it doesn't fit in by definition.

It didn't.

Why was this funny.

>that pic
I think it's the Austrians you're after

>tfw Austrians always get you into trouble with others

>"referring to the meaning of the words we use for communication is a useless gesture"
hang yourself leaf

Nobody likes atheists because they're all perma-virgin losers. Prove me wrong faggot. You can't

>tfw you're all G*rmans to a Serb

I've fucked 13 girls and 10 of them were really hot.

t. Ottoman rape baby

>says the Vilayet of G*rmany

I recently let go of belief in a deity, personal force even mystical impersonal energy - but mainly of Christianity ( because I've actually started to read the bible and study it critically, reading on the works of people smarter than me - looking in the findings of archeology and so on ... )

Mainly ever since I got brainwashed by the culture of this country and by others around me to be religious, and under so much pressure I actually fell... I constantly had the rationality alarm going on and on and on - always showing me how shit is wrong everywhere I look in religious life / works, thing is I eventually shut it down - and for a year of my life I was entirely irrational.

But now would I identify as an atheist? The thing is no, I don't think it's necessary to talk about God, I experienced first hand what it means to believe into something with all your brain power and create a fake reality around you, rationalizing everything - I experienced first hand how easy it is to shut down rational thinking and regress it in favor of mysticism... I know you can't win arguments against God - or being militant in any way.

I'm not agnostic, not deist, not atheist... I don't identify with a school of thought or a philosophy yet in this sense... I don't see a reason to - I consider the beliefs I had or ones around that idea purely irrational - and even if you could argue one mystical irrational aspect and let people agree with you that indeed you can't know for sure - in the end it's still rationalization, and the thing is FOR FUCKS SAKE - you feel it and you're 100% sure that you're rationalizing when you're actually rationalizing... it's like when you know you lie, you feel it - it's a unique emotional, a state of brain.
When you say bullshit and you believe it - it's a unique feeling, if you acknowledge that and stay away from it, stay honest with yourself and train rational thinking then you're safe for life, you don't need a teacher to keep you on earth

Jokes on you I'm from Pakistan

>Thefedora.jpg

That's a trilby.

If you're going to shitpost, at least do some research.

Quite the opposite. Fedoras used to be decent hats now it's ruined by neckbeards and leg beards alike.

They did it to themselves
r/atheism faces of atheism was a gold mine of autism

>proving my point
ty for pwning G*rmany for me

>type of person who would particpate in faces of atheism
>all atheists

Different demographics, most atheists have never browsed or posted on /r/atheism. What is that like 40 cringelords at the most? Go outside, most non-religious people are normal, where I'm from most normal people are non-religious.

Atheists don't realize they're just as insufferable as Westboro nuts.

Atheist don't believe in something they cannot prove, they don't believe in something that's widely believed, that others cannot prove. Try again, faggot.

Atheist believe: There's no evidence that this exist, and ,well, I'm not going to take some man made religion's word for it because they think they have an answer, so I'll postpone that solid belief that this exists until further notice."

Also, there could be an afterlife without a god, or even a god without an afterlife, one thing is for certain, what religion has to say about their god and afterlife is, in reality, false.

My totally true anecdotal statement that any atheist I've met has had a hate boner for religion and are all cringeworthy with their hate is more believable than your anecdotal statement.

No adult atheist I know ever even talks about it. It's just accepted that god isn't real and it almost never comes up. What you're describing is high school and teenage behavior.

>Getting upset atheist on reddit posted pictures of their faces with their own quotes

Take your grievances to r/atheism

I don't go to /r/atheism and I would never post shit like that, like almost every other atheist.

what the fuck happened to zizek

And my 2 adult friends won't shut up about religion and it's ebilness!!!!1!!! Though I don't care what they think. Triggered the shit out of them when I told them most atheists tend to be left leaning.

It is pretty hilarious how badly they got wrecked by the fedora and euphoric memes. They act like beaten dogs now.

U just gotta throw them a redpill, they'll get out of that left leaning mentality quick.

disgusting

Really? I take it as a compliment, given they have nothing else to say. Them using the meme just validates my claim.

Being a fedora tipper is no where near as bad as being a rapist.

Fedora memes are great though.
They're both Republican. Hence why they got triggered by the left leaning statement. One dudes a self hating mexican who cannot stand mexicans who are freshly across the boarder. The other is your typical fat neckbeard.

Lmao you mean where you guys don't know how to do research or data analysis and base your worldviews off of wild speculation? There is a debate liberals/leftist thread on Sup Forums right now and the one guy who tried got molested.

I know plenty of atheist who have gone agnostic or even full blown theist (either Christian or traditional native religion) due to this meme. its funny as fuck.

It's funny how religious people "win" for once against atheist, and think they won the war.

Sure

A leftist thread on Sup Forums? Those are probably paid shills. It has nothing to do with atheism or religion. You don't know what set of beliefs those people have.

We'll never get tired of winning :^)

that's great

I remember when the euphoric thing first happened and all of Sup Forums was shitting itself ripping self important atheists a new asshole. What a great time.

I've been a leftist and liberal on Sup Forums since 2013.

Oh right if balls roll then God exists

beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy, also donald trump

>Religion is about faith
Atheists have faith that their is no god, that the universe started from nothing, and in their scientists(prophets), who they trust unquestionably.

The fedora meme wasn't even supposed to be anti-atheist, just anti "those atheists", the ones that actually wear fedoras and say "sir" and shit like that.

>serves Jews like a dog
>unironically posts in JIDF le hat le Christfag-chan sliding threads
>wifes son gets beaten by the 34 year old 16 year old black Syrian rapists she adopted to the house after he slapped her butt cheek because its the Christian way

Wow im a #crusadingmission now!

>this is what christians actually tell themselves