/lbg/- Letterboxd General

Cahiers du cinema edition.

Previous thread: >Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Directions for use
Post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched, if you dare.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

>discord
discord.gg/MJ9EDND

>News
Previous thread died.
Threads dying: user gets trips: user proven wrong: Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for patrician purposes only don't offer or expect frivolous discussion.

>QotT
Is there a more fruitful way of looking at film than through the lens of auteurism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H-kA3UtBj4M
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/steakbro/
youtube.com/watch?v=5NHBdlXfvIA
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/Grundle/
letterboxd.com/mastro666/
letterboxd.com/69/
letterboxd.com/emmastone/
letterboxd.com/cancer/
letterboxd.com/th3lastjedi/film/the-prestige/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=H-kA3UtBj4M

post more Emily Jean

Emily Jean.

emily stoned with a blunt lol

her butte wood CRUSH your dicc if she sat on it lol

>the oldest of the New Wave, and most conservative, was also the best looking

Is this the biggest twist in cinema?

Roast me

clue sucks. watch all episodes of psych instead. stop watch so many old ass hollywood films, watch more european ones

what are some good film magazines/journals?

>clue sucks

what a shitty opinion, not even a good roast, please never post in this general again

clue sucks. watch all episodes of psych instead. stop watch so many old ass hollywood films, watch more european ones

Empire

>Is there a more fruitful way of looking at film than through the lens of auteurism?
NEW AGE OF STUDIO AUTEURISM

W

A

How many movies should you watch per day?

One.

Ok

wahoo!!!!!!!!!

~1 per day is the perfect amount

Any more or less than that and you are a pleb/loser

I hole Slept gets doxxed by CNN for posting memes

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

28th POST!!

what the fuck is this scene about and how does it fit into the film?

NO FUCKING CLUE GO FIGURE IT OUT YOUR FUCKING SELF

why would you say that to me

It's about you being a pseudointellectaul pleb, not even kidding.

It's about understanding your true self, and that no one is perfect but not being perfect is what makes us unique and special.

it's about illusion

It's about bump

>tfw slowly falling in love with an /lbg/ regular

Pump

/lbg/ regular WISHES she was Emily Meme!

letterboxd.com/albion
>tfw haven't watched a movie in ages

kill yourself

letterboxd.com/steakbro/

youtube.com/watch?v=5NHBdlXfvIA

Betty/Diane is forced to confront the fact that she's living in a fantasy/illusion/dream, and this prompts her to wake up (finding the blue key that unlocks the box that leads to reality). it's pretty simple.

watch one then

>it's pretty simple
damn amdi move over we got a new super smart guy in town

are you implying that you have to be smart to interpret Lynch's films

oh, so this is basically the end of her dream sequence then? i totally forgot about how she finds the key after this. thanks for the first good reply

no I'm just implying that steakbro is a super smart guy

are you implying he isn't?

Are you fucking retarded? Lynch straight up tells you he's been tricking you.

Silent Night, Deadly Night III: Better Watch Out! (1989) in HD??!

yes, also i am him

it's what forces her to accept she's dreaming and ultimately drives her to wake up, yes. it also plays into the idea that sometimes an illusion can be as or more compelling than reality, which was approached earlier in the film in the audition scene. you could also see it as completing the argument that a fantasy is less fulfilling than reality, even if the truth is unpleasant, which was suggested by Camilla Rhodes lip syncing her musical number at her audition. the fact that Diane kills herself almost immediately after waking up somewhat favors the first idea, though.

yeah I probably am

AHAHAHAHAHAH
LYNCHED

Get Stuckmannized

Written by N.B. Stone Jr.

rec movies where women get abused

white knight

BROWN BRICKS

Sarah Silverman gets her fat kike mouth punched in Way of the Gun

she isn't fat

letterboxd.com/machill54/

more like Monty 'Hell No!'man

The naked cage. Or pretty much any movie made in italy in the 1970s and 1980s

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, I was just remembering when Steakbryo had BvS and Assassin's Creed on his top 100 of all time.

Why did steakbro delete his top 100?

>more like Monty 'Hell No!'man
Rude.

can someone suggest me a good drama to watch that will really hit me with the feels and emotions but has little to do with romance as possible too

what a vague way to see movies

Lionheart (1990)

The Power of One

wendy and lucy

umberto D with qt michelle williams and comfy pacific northwest

what are good sci-fi/big monster movies from the 50's - 60's

Godzilla

>good

i hateee Godzilla so much my faves? everything by the criterion collection %=)

lazy

letterboxd.com/Grundle/

letterboxd.com/mastro666/

letterboxd.com/69/

letterboxd.com/emmastone/

letterboxd.com/cancer/

PROFILES
I WANT PROFILES

go aawayy u have the worst account

letterboxd.com/th3lastjedi/film/the-prestige/

deep

8 miles

Orson Welles best film?

>inb4 meme kane

meme kane

well played

Touch of Evil.

What in the fuck was this? This is the most disturbing and disgusting shit I've ever seen

wahoo!!!!!!!!! i love it!!!!!!!!!

Repeat this shitty meme one more fucking time and see what the fuck happens you dumb piece of shit. I will smash your fucking face in so much that even your mom won't recognize you.

Do not ever fucking test me.

wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of the most disturbing shit I've ever seen is An American Crime, I was devastated by the end