Just watched Brazil again with the bad/unhappy ending...

Just watched Brazil again with the bad/unhappy ending. I need more movies where the villain wins or has a bad ending in general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WLynM-GI_MkhYMkqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When The Black Birds Fly
It's definitely not for everyone since it's visual avantgarde in its purest form.

The hunchback of notre dame

repo men

It's not an unhappy ending. Lowry is happy being insane and Jack walks away.

what? does it have a happy ending as well?
i only saw the one with lobotomy.

This.
And NOT the genetic opera.

that's the only version
THE ONLY VERSION

What fucking happy ending?

Let me guess: editted for TV by some merkin network?

>he doesn't know

There is no happy ending to Brazil. Sam's 'escape' is revealed to be a fantasy and the camera switches to Jack wheeling Houseman away from him as he hums the theme tune with a vacant expression on his face.

youtube.com/watch?v=WLynM-GI_MkhYMkqk

>"He's gotten away from us, Jack."
>"I'm afraid you're right, Mr. Helpman. He's gone."
The only escape on offer in that kind of world.

Yes, but the movie was butchered in its initial inception by execs. Think about the finale of Blade Runner, same thing for the same reasons.
But does not matter - you know the right version and that is the Director's cut.
In which, indeed, happens what you did explain here.
Old shit can go to hell.

>you know the right version and that is the Director's cut.
But Deckard is de-facto a replicant in the DC.

No, I meant the original "happy ending" of the theatrical, way before the "muh replicant" debate.
Also, ignore Scott is senile.
Watch the Final Cut unbiased, you will realise that is still ambiguous.

>tfw I was going to watch Brazil for the first time today but you anons are scaring me off

Watch the Directo's Cut is a fucking amazing movie.
Do it faggot

I just watch the trailer and that shit it's nuts. Watching it tonight. Good call.

The Plague Dogs

>visual avantgarde
that's an interesting way of saying garbage, user

repo the genetic opera is one of my trigger words, could you please be more sensitive

the ending for the american audience cuts out the part that reveals the final escape is all in his head, so that viewers can feel good that they really got away

it was one of the most infamous examples of studio meddling of all time, the initial release bullshitted a happy ending that made no sense (he escapes for real)
Gilliam literally had to steal the reels from where they were being stored and screen the film to a roomful of LA critics to get the word out the version initially released was not the proper version

The original ending, at least.