Am I missing something here? It has rave reviews everywhere...

Am I missing something here? It has rave reviews everywhere. But I just saw it and felt like it was a 3/5 film with no third act.

I have to come here to ask this since IMDb disabled their message boards.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w40ushYAaYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Loved it. Funny, engrossing, touching. Great music.

Torrent when?

DUDE EVERYTHING SUCKS LMAO

Elliot Rodger was so hot

I wanted to like it but I felt nothing. My girl felt the same. Wright worked to hard to get the happy ending when Baby did not deserve it for the amount of people who were killed.

Maybe you should pay to see it in a theatre so there's more chance of future original studio films being financed.

>baby driver
>original in any way
:thinking:

It was a fun movie but it definitely had many missing plot lines and opportunities. The music was a nice touch.

hello summerfriends :)

It was a very tight action movie with a classic action movie that dodnt utilize any of the lazy shit techniques that make current action movies samey and without impact.

I was expecting more from the music but after the scene where he gets coffee to the music I realized how grating it would have been for the entire movie to be like that .

>84642307 (You)
Hello, fresh-out-of-high-school bait.

Name another comedic getaway driver film that has tons of pop/rock music. Baby Driver's plot is pretty basic but Edgar Wright's style gives the film a really original feel.

I thought it was dull too. I never really cared for the main guy, he just came off as an unlikable mary sue to me. Also thought the music was over all fairly underwhelming considering how ferociously it was pushed. the tone was also completely fucking bizarre, when it would go from lighthearted dumb shit to edgy Jamie foxx then to depressing flashback. The effect made me not laugh at the comedy, not care abotu the tragedy, and not believe Jamie Foxx was anything other than a cartoon.

It isn't based on an existing property or franchise. That's very rare for a contemporary studio movie.

>original
not any indication of good or bad.

original as in "isn't reboot or adaptation"

It's the most fun film of the year. The action and soundtrack are both 10/10.

bumpu

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, LADIES AND GENTLEMAN

>give Jews money so they can make more shit
Nah.

I definitely urge everyone to see this in an actual theater. Seeing it with a good sound system is a must imo.

>Not wanting movies to be made at all
>board

Sup Forums in a nutshell

Kek. Also this

Name another movie that uses music like Baby Driver.

every musical and also this

youtu.be/w40ushYAaYA

>the movie whose advertisement prominently displays it's Rotten Tomatoes score was shilled hard

WHO WOULD HAVE EVER SUSPECTED THIS?

Drive

Not really. Baby Driver isn't a traditional musical. I would say Guardians of the Galaxy 2 would be more comparable.

Scott Pilgrim

It lost me when Baby killed Jamie Foxx and Kevin Spacey became a good guy over the span of one line of dialogue. Both actions were so out of place for their characters

The Jamie Foxx part was understandable because it was him snapping.

Kevin Spacey becoming good was so fucking stupid. Ruined the last part of the movie for me. It was pure laziness.

Music incorporated into action scenes is literally the only good thing about this movie and it gets boring half way in. Everything else - story, characters, dialogue is bland and mediocre.

There was definitely a strong set up for Spacey to be the villain based on his conversation with Baby outside the restaurant. "She's cute, let's keep it that way". There was not much rationale behind him defending Baby and Hamm becoming a terminator-type figure.

>comedic
NOPE.
>tons of rock/pop music
There are only a handful of rock/pop songs in Drive, most of the music in the film is Cliff Martinez's score.

>mfw "i used to be in love"

WHY
WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING

Doc became nice and gave money to Baby because he knew he was already fucked. Bats killing The butcher and his cronies was a death sentence for Doc. That's why he's prepping for a fight when baby shows up and why those dudes show up and shoot him. That's also what he meant by "never stop running" not just from the good cops but the bad ones too.

He knew he was a dead man walking and relented on Baby and gave him money/tapes because nothing mattered anymore.

This movie was reddit and so are you if you liked it

because ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

t. tasteless capeshitter

>Kevin Spacey
It was cheesey and I liked it

>only watched the american trailer.

>Drive
>comedic
What?

>NEETs on this board who've never seen the movie will pretend to hate it
>Rip comes out in a few months and will be the ones spamming this board with this movie

I just thought it was because he kinda regretted taking advantage of baby for so long, and refusing to let him go. Especially since forcing him to do another job blew up in his face.

or maybe you just have shit taste
>everyone who doesn't like my reddit movie hasn't seen it

>talking about how much we actually hate it now that we've seen it
Yeah, pretty much.