Why Spider-man is Iron Man sidekick now?

Why Spider-man is Iron Man sidekick now?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2014/film/news/spider-man-2-facing-formidable-foes-at-foreign-box-office-1201157653/
youtube.com/watch?v=9u2CRH5zymU
aynrand.org/ideas/overview
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well he did make his suit, and is acting as something of a mentor/father figure.

he's not

/thread

>following Iron Man commands
>Iron man teaching him to be a gud hero
>following Iron Man around to every place
>his suit belong to tony
He literally is

iron man and spidey is a shitty pairing

if parker has a mentor it should be mr fantastic

was a lot of comics with spiderman and iron man

why pajeet not learn proper english?

Cool where did you see the movie?

Unless the movie don't use the trailer scenes and contradict them this is all true.

because dc fans are mostly hindus and a DC fan made this thread.

>is in the Avengers and has an iron man suit when he's 15
What the did did Marvel do with this series? How old was Spider-Man when he joined the Avengers in 616?

He's clearly going to buck Tony's authority, leading to drama, but culminating with Tony acknowledging Peter was right all along and saluting him as his own man.

The entire plot is on Wikipedia, dumbass

OH

MY BAD

I just read it, and I didn't get from it that Spider-man is a sidekick.

>why Spider-Man is Fantastic Four's sidekick now?

everyone is an Iron Man sidekick now

Because no one wanted another new Spider-Man franchise and RDJ is a box office draw. They're trying to make money.

Hey, I have that issue! It's excellent

Because it plays into Tony's overall arch. Additionally, he is an established character in the current mythos. Having Normal Osborne show up would clutter the world that much more, with an otherwise superfluous character. They can't use Reed Richards, yest and Hank Pym already got his side-kick.

Ironman pounds his boypussy every night

Well he better. Spider-Man is shit unless he's the underdog that stands up to an entire catalogue of supervillains alone. Having RDJ as a safety net is making him look weak in comparison to every other version.

newfag

Can I have it pls

But Fox has the rights to that one, so we get Tony instead

stop reminding me of a reality that will never ever happen

I have two Amazing Fantasy No.15 issues. Want one too?

y-yes!

My favorite comic characters are the Fantastic Four and Spider-Man

kill yourself capeshitter pajeet.

>iron man and spidey is a shitty pairing
It's a fantastic pairing built for drama.

Rather than mentor this feels more like a USM situation where the people with experience on the field are breathing down on Peter's neck because they're not too sure what to do with a teenage hero

It makes sense when you consider that Watts said they initially thought of having Nick Fury as guest character. Wonder how they would've tried that considering the current SHIELD situation

But yeah, i would've loved seeing him interact with the F4. Will Fox ever try strike a deal with Marvel? After all their attempts to profit off the franchise keep falling. They were so embarrassed of Fant4stic they even recycled that big ebsemble pic with the Xmen cast but replaced the F4 with the Deadpool actors

I want one!

Peter and Tony being BFFs was a thing in the comics for a while. Peter and MJ were literally living at Stark Tower. But then Civil War happened and put an end to that.

Historically Spider-Man has been closer to the FF, but you know that can't happen in the movies.

is this real or an edit? Iron Man sounds like Deadpool.

Fuck you I fucking rape your mother whore you son of whore I shit on you bitch I fucking fuck rape you little bitch

They are trying to transfer Iron man's popularity to this new version of spiderman.

RDJ is too expensive,he is getting old and none of their other heroes in MCU was capable to become big like Iron man and honestly captain marvel and black panther won't do the trick too.

So the only hope is spiderman because spider man is/was their biggest hero and they finally have acess to him in this universe.

Aunt May and Jarvis the butler started dating at some point

just seen it now at a preview, overall I thought it was on par with SM2
>the villain actually has good motivations, is charismatic and he does more for spidey's character than just being a menacing bad guy to kill
>the whole movie feels like an adaptation of the ultimate universe right down to a T
>Tom Holland is without a doubt the best spidey yet, they pull off all aspects of his character well i.e. being an awkward nerdy teen who's trying to balance his crazy life and he's not a mumbling scater dude from an indie music video who happens to be a physics genius like garfield
>ned is a top bro to peter and they have a buddy cop thing going on
>iron man is in the film for like 3 short scenes
>there's literally a scene at the end where spidey says fuck you to mcu avengers shit and goes off to do his own street level thing
overall if you like spider man and aren't retarded enough to hate a movie based on what company makes it you might like it

this is the fakest spiderman suit in history

This honest review is refreshing and im actually excited to see it now, hope you're not lying about the preview.

Are you retarded?

Yea that first text bubble poking fun at Nighthawk sounds like a line straight outa Kelly Deadpool. I dont have a grasp on comic Iron Man's sense of humor, I guess.

The sucking sound isn't coming from Spidey's suction suit.

iron man has always made quips
problem is, marvel studios assumed all the heroes did that after the first movie

Captain America doesn't make quips, and Thor's humor is based on situational comedy rather than one liners. Angry nerd triggered >:(

>iron man is in the film for like 3 short scenes
Yes the entire movie is about him getting Iron daddy approval.

Cap doesn't quip in the movies either. He's very much the straight man.

Maybe your concept of quips is a bit askew?

yea I was referring to their portrayal in the movies. And my concept of quips is indeed askew because of how much the word is thrown around here, I dont know anymore.

If you read the plots to movies on Wikipedia instead of just watching a movie,you're a fucking IDIOT

>Half the trailer is them fighting
This meme never made sense

>Iron Man 2
>Tony Stark is an Objectivist hero

>Iron Man 3
>Tony Stark is some troubled millionaire who explodes his stuff at the end

>Civil War
>Tony Stark is a full-blown government cuck

>Spiderman
>Tony Stark, g-man, takes on the literal role of father-figure to Peter Parker

it's would be almost comical, if it weren't played so straight. I know Disney likes to suck government cock but this overt politicking is a little gross.

>Just how big does “Spider-Man 2,” directed by Marc Webb and starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, need to be? Pascal, who declined to be interviewed, has set a goal of $1 billion worldwide, say sources. Just 18 movies have minted that kind of loot, most recently Disney’s animated “Frozen,” Disney/Marvel’s “The Avengers” and “Iron Man 3”

variety.com/2014/film/news/spider-man-2-facing-formidable-foes-at-foreign-box-office-1201157653/

Failed to mention how in the first movie he's selfish and the core of it is "Tony Stark has a heart" and the ending to 3 was about him expressing Pepper is more important than his suits he was building because of PTSD. By Homecoming he's a full blown superhero, its this thing called "character progression" commonly used in movies.

You can have all of that without turning him into a poster boy for government obedience and playing nice with Washington.

Civil War ends with the vigilantes in what looks like one of the worst forms of bondage ever committed to a superhero film but no one talks about how chilling that scene is, they just focus on the dumb airport brawl.

It's almost like a comic book!!!!!

I like Civil War very much, I think Tony's motivation is well executed and punctuated by his actions in Iron Man 1 & 2. He feels simple guilt for having innocent people killed, like he did when he was building weapons. So it makes sense he became a government bitch....kinda.

>Infinity War
>Tony Stark was right all along with wanting to protect earth and everyone sucks his dick
this will be sweet

Well, I don't agree with it. Objectivists are few and far between in film or anywhere else and Marvel took everyone's favorite and butchered him into a freaky weird statist. I can't help but feel that's because of the climate over there. They are all happy statists in that company.

Iron Man 2 was penned by Justin Theroux, who's probably at least familiar with Ayn Rand if the congressional hearing scene at the intro is anything to go by.

too many big words

"toe-sucking pedophiles" should be a hint.

Which ones are you having trouble with frogposter

Im just being honest here, I dont know what an objectivist or statist is.

Objectivists are followers of Objectivism, a neat philosophy made by a Russian lady who came to America and wrote books when films were still black and white. It's very common sense and champions the individual over the group.

Statists are people who think the State, or the Government should control everything and we should all be servants to it in some way, for the common good. They typically lobby to have more government involvement in things.

Well I wouldnt say Tony followed those guidlines in Civil War. Once he realized Steve wasn't lying about their disagreement he just hangs up on General Ross and mocks him. But its not a perfect movie and I see where you're coming from. here's another frog to keep the conversation memey

In Iron Man 2 when he's wrapping up at the congressional hearing, he says something like,

>"You want my suit, that's too bad, it's my property. But I did you all a big favor! I have successfully privatized world peace"

That is very much an Objectivist platitude if I have ever heard one, especially given the setting (A Congressional hearing is an official and public grilling by the government of an individual)

youtube.com/watch?v=9u2CRH5zymU

BUT even though it wasnt presented very well, it can be argued that Age of Ultron changed his perspective on things a lot. Thus, the character development I was talkin' bout'

Only because Tony Stark never actually read Ayn Rand and didn't have his values properly codified.

Everyone should read Ayn Rand, I wonder how he missed out.

Unless he did, canonically, which makes the conversion all the worse. Just because one makes a mistake does not make one a government bitch.

im so confused now! Not helped by the fact that im drunk as shit! Maybe i'll give this book a read, assuming you've read it can you tell me a bit about it?

aynrand.org/ideas/overview

There's an intro, looks pretty easy. I'm not good at explaining complicated subjects.

Now I am become /lit/, destroyer of Sup Forums.

Thanks buddy

also ive literally never heard the word "codified" lol

I really want to suck his spider dick if you know what I'm saying

Hope you're a gal, otherwise you're a fucking faggot and will burn in hell like you deserve.

I like to use a lotta words, it's just my style. English has shitloads.

Probably come off as pretentious to people

Dont worry, we're all "anonymous" here lmao

get a load of this repressed homosexual
our sexuality is a spectrum, and human beauty isn't limited to our opposite sex

Thats where you're wrong, hope satan eats you for breakfast, FAG

Word my man.

>reading No Time for Love, Robert A Heinlein
>everybody's fuckin, wants to fuck or is getting asked to fuck way too much

it's great

Time Enough for Love* good book

Queers don't fear HIV and early death. They certainly don't fear hell.

I'll suck your dick

mentor who made a robot that killed millions