SHES BACK SHITLORDS (FAITH VOLUME 2 #1 STORYTIME)

Other urls found in this thread:

www90.zippyshare.com/v/3LAZluml/file.html
www90.zippyshare.com/v/zrfFoGdH/file.html
www90.zippyshare.com/v/RfQjG3cO/file.html
www90.zippyshare.com/v/gfoqYTyd/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who?

F A I T H
A
I
T
H

Oh boy, can't wait for all the folks who've never read Valiant talk about how SJWs are ruing everything and /pol was right yadda yadda yadda...

Oh right, fat superhero. WOW SHE'S FAT SO PROGRESSIVE

I guess people bought it?

yeah it was a mini but it did well so it got a second ongoing volume

He didn't even do anything, Zeppelin, jeez...

he was mansplaining

>breaking evidence of a new weapon
Wow...

gotta say i fucking love this coloring

What's the Harbinger Universe like right now?

Did the stuff in 1-41 still happen, or is this full reboot?

>the most powerful Valiant heroes are straight white cis males
>people will always remember Valiant as SJW because of fucking Faith

all of valiant was rebooted in 2011. for harbinger read Harbinger 2011 #1-25, Harbinger Wars #1-4 & Harbinger #0 & Harbinger: Bleeding Monk #0 and Harbinger: Omegas #1-3

then Imperium #1-16

optionally you can read Harbinger: Faith #0, Unity #12-14 Faith volume 1 #1-4 for the following faith storyline

its actually a lot better than the 90s Harbinger, written by Joshua Dysart who you may know from unknown soldier.

It's the dumbest thing, considering there was nothing SJW about Faith.

At least you can tell at a glance who's read it by seeing what they complain about.

well no, Valiant is great but their two most powerful heroes are Divinity (Black man from Russia) and Harada (Japanese). Gilad, Aram and Ivar all originate from the middle east too.

>its actually a lot better than the 90s Harbinger
I dunno, man, 90s Harbinger and Valiant in general are pretty fucking top-tier.

I'll have to dive back into it,

>the cake is a lie

2008 called, they want their maymays back.

The Dysart Harbinger saga is one of the best superhero comics I have ever read desu, it has one shit arc in the middle of Harbinger but the rest is all 10/10

I forgot about Divinity.
I miss Solar, but the god commie nigger is way too awesome to hate it.
Imperium is god-tier.
What shit arc? are you talking about MOTHERFUCKING TORQUEHALLA?

torquehalla was cool when it was introduced but the actual perfect day arc was just a bit boring, i only liked the pete issue

I really love this page.

In general, though, the washed out colors kinda irk me, for some reason.

>The Cake is a lie?!

Jesus christ

is it suddenly 2007 again?

I hate "quirky" writing like this and so many series now do it.

>The cake is a lie!
ok ignoring the obvious, what the fuck is the context for that line? what does Portal have to do with anything?

its fairly excusable since the character narrating is a millenial tumblrette

> there was nothing SJW about Faith

Well, if the intended message behind Faith was "Fat people can be superheroes too", it kinda fails by giving the main character the exact superpowers she needs to negate her lack of fitness.

[UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON CAKE???]

Wasn't this fucking thing previewed around May and it's fucking July now?

i think it might have been a terrible joke about companion field sounding like companion cube?? not really sure

psiots powers are heavily implied to come from their subconscious desires. fat girl gets flight and telekenisis, crippled kid gets an artificial body, hot girl who is used by men gets fire powers, kid who likes drawing cartoons gets the power to morph into cartoon animals, e.t.c.

Where'd this psionic field stuff come from?
I thought her whole bit was that she could fly, and that was it.

read Harbinger m8

>Garbage is going mainstream, but it's okay because of obscure shit that managed to fly under the radar years ago.
It was shit then, and it's shit now.

she could always carry another human along with her in a companion field, in the miniseries they basically decided that since its more or less the same thing she now has telekenisis

Is this from the reboot?
Because she could not do that in OG Harbinger iirc

>psiots powers are heavily implied to come from their subconscious desires

That's kind of horrifying. Imagine all the psiot neckbeards with insane katana skills and permanent 15 inch erections

I got into Valiant like a month ago and have read most of it, but just started the Harbinger stuff and have only seen this one mentioned or cameoed. Worth a read? Honestly, I've resisted because of the SJW hype, but I'm willing to be told I'm wrong, sincerely. Please feel free to let me know what I'm missing, because from the outside, this just looks like "FINALLY a WOMAN superhero who is FAT/HEALTHY/ETC." Not joking about wanting some objective opinions before I dive in on this one. Valiant is doing good work right now.

>huge tittays in the dream sequences

I support this.

yeah i imagine some writers will come up with very fun powers as time goes on, psiots generally have to be activated by machines owned by military organizations or by pete though (in some cases extreme trauma can activate someone too) so there aren't many random people with psiot powers running around

Faith, as a character, isn't really important.
She was just a happy go lucky fat girl who was able to realize her dream of being a superhero, and tried to make the best of it.

As all she could do was fly, she had to work to stay relevant in a team with brawlers and pyros and psychics.

It's worth a read.

You should storytime todays archer and armstrong as its her and archers first date

read harbinger first if you are thinking about it. there are minor spoilers for it even in this storytime.

>"FINALLY a WOMAN superhero who is FAT"

Well, that's kinda what it is, but it doesn't have any self-righteous body-positive stuff or anything like that. It's just a superhero comic (and unfortunately a pretty generic one) with a main character who happens to be fat.

I suppose I should be glad they are finally making something of their own instead of trying to change things people already like.

It's commendable.

I like the dream sequence better. They're well drawn.

its fairly generic but they do make a big effort to subvert some of the classic beats. stuff like her secret identity getting revealed to friends after about 3 issues was pretty funny and interesting.

Yeah.
Also, i think they've changed a lot of stuff from the Unity events to make things easier i think, because Unity was the most retarded time travel wank fest ever

This is exactly the kind of shit I was hoping to hear. I'll give it a read. Thanks, Sup Forumsmrades.

its a complete hard reboot in 2011, unity in new valiant was an event where x-o manowar almost started a war in romania and Harada, Livewire, Eternal Warrior & Ninjak intervened, then end up making a superhero team with X-O and kick Harada out later on.

The use of different artists for different sequences and tone is handled quite good as well

You won't regret reading it but also won't lose much if you skip it. I give it a 6 or 7 on a scale of squirrel girl to kamala.

They changed a lot of Rai stuff too, now he is more nanites than human.

>tfw the new Rai issue
I'd kill for a Rai Corps vs Psi-Lords.

yeah rai is very different, i dont think he is even based on bloodshot anymore, although they haven't confirmed it, it seems like he is based off of Helix from Armor Hunters.

an actual mature response

So is her power to be fat and stick it tk the patriarchy?

New Japan uses nanites, but now Rai is supossed to be more synthetic and not a title passed down from father to son. The only relation to Bloodshot is that both are nanite-composed.
Also, Father now devs a new Rai each century to fulfill different purposes instead of just randomly picking the most badass chink.

Where did they say they use nanites? I thought it was a thing called Livewire now. As far as I can tell Rai is based on Helix, modified by either Father or Harada & Fake Livewire

Livewire is based off bloodshot's nanites, which is what father is made out of.

>picking the most badass chink
not the first Rai, at least.

You'd expect that but no, it isn't

I have to re-read some shit, but the parallels between livewire and the nanites are obvious.
Oh god, that Fall of Ninjak issue was depressing as fuck

>the cake was a lie
It's gonna be bad is it?

Book of Death as a whole is really nice. The only gripe i have with it is why do they need to use Darque?I hate that guy.
I still cant believe Ray got a good ending.

Bloodshot as a space king sounds extremely fucking badass

Man the dialogue was all over the place. No shame in jumping from whatever they were doing to [sci-fi reference].

They gave Zeppelin her own comic. How """"""""progressive"""""""".

>implying they even call her that now

is this a joke?

They had to install those extra wide doors to accommodate their girth and for the eventual hoverrounds of the future right?

And I still can't believe this tumbler placating fatass's superhero name is that of a blimp. Like she is the flying fatass by name.

Christ I get that the artist is trying to make a fat friendly book, but this character design makes her look like she's an aids patient.

This dude has to be a mutant or metahuman, or whatever the fuck this rag calls them. Look at his super strength!

no no no, it's (((progressive)))

>The cake is a lie

Sup Forums stop forcing your shitty memes.

Looks like Moon Over June teir to me.

>Her arch nemesis is just some Chad

What?

Sup Forums actually

>Harada
>hero
HIDF please go

Melissa Macarthy movie when?

>Melissa Macarthy
I don't even think she's as big as Faith. Though I will say that MM may have put more personality into it.

Back to bed, Stanchek.
Harada is the hero that this world deserves.

Same difference

Faith 01 (of 04) (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Faessla)
www90.zippyshare.com/v/3LAZluml/file.html

Faith 02 (of 04) (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Faessla)
www90.zippyshare.com/v/zrfFoGdH/file.html

Faith 03 (of 04) (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Faessla)
www90.zippyshare.com/v/RfQjG3cO/file.html

Faith 04 (of 04) (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Faessla)
www90.zippyshare.com/v/gfoqYTyd/file.html