Now that the dust has settled, which was the best film of 2016?

Now that the dust has settled, which was the best film of 2016?

La La Land is a distant, distant 3rd

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/84265391/#84265846_1
youtu.be/Dc94N-vQhSw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nocturnal Animals

La La Land if you have any cinematic knowledge

Out of those La La Land

Manchester was shockingly bad and I'm not even a contrarian

Manchester by the sea is by far the best out of these three

i thought la la land would make me like musicals but it just made me dislike emma stone

why is La La Land such garbage?

>be musical
>have bland or shitty music
lmao

Silence > Moonlight >>>>>>> poop >>>>>> pee >>>>>> hurr I'm sad in baawwwwston >>>>>> Hollywood Jerk off flick

silence

the only correct answer

Moonlight if you are retarded
La La Land if you hate nowadays cinema
Manchester by the Sea if your faith in humanity is lost
Nocturnal Animals if you are hipster
Hacksaw Ridge if you like underdog story and happy endings
Hell or High Water if you were born in Texas
Anything else if you are retarded

Hacksaw Ridge

>Hacksaw Ridge
it's been awhile, someone post the battle scene webms

the handmaiden and its not even close

manchester by the sea is the only one of those three thats even top 10

Gay niggas from outer space > nepotism by the sea > the movie gayer than a gay black man's semi autobiographical coming of age story

That movie was shit. The only reason Sup Forums liked it is because "le ebic based Mel Gibson"

>Hacksaw Ridge

based mel amirite xD

Agree on this one.

La La Land was a good surprise though. Haven't seen Moonlight and not gonna.

I really liked Swiss Army Man, Arrival, Demolition, Bone Tomahawk and Saint Amour.

>I really liked Swiss Army Man
opinion discarded

For those who wanna say "hurr durr, those movies came out in 2015", not in France.

John Wick 2

god i fucking hate Sup Forums

Without hesitation.

Also thanks for reminding me of Saint-Amour, that was so great. What's fun is that my parents rent treehouses similar to the ones in the movie. First time I see such a location on film, I liked it. The scene is pleasing to the eye as well.

Forgot pic, fuck

sorry this isn't another cuck thread, fag

So why did people hate moonlight?

t. the guy who thinks gay niggers in the hood was the best movie of 2016

How does Silence compare to other Scorcese works?

Manchester by the Sea, by far

>people
idk about people, but Sup Forums hates it because black, gay, and "arty" by mainstream standards, and they are edgy plebs

Trash. Seriously, don't fall for that terrible meme. Anyone saying otherwise is trying very, very hard to sound sophisticated.
Lots of nice shots, great work with fog, but lousy performances from everyone (seriously, everyone phoned it in), and a plot that would fall apart if the characters weren't actually mentally retarded.
It's nothing like his other works. I think I read somewhere that he has been wanting to make this for many many years, like decades, so I don't know why he wouldn't have put more effort into something he knew for a long time he could get greenlit just by his name alone.
It's maybe only worth the watch if you don't go to film school, you go to films. And even then I'd bring a Rockstar with you, the 3 hour run time feels like a day and a half.

La la Land is shit gosling and stone are both terrible at acting especially together. They can't sing or dance either so fuck off

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/84265391/#84265846_1
What did you mean by this, redditor?

>"arty" by mainstream standards

Silence was literally the only relatively good major film of the year

BvS was the only relatively good blockbuster

I almost never rewatch anything, but I saw Manchester by the Sea four times now, notice new things everytime and love it even more with every viewing.

Best film of 2016 by far, ridiculously good writing and acting.
If it weren't for the occasional jarring cuts in editing and the Adagio in G minor in the police department scene, the film would be a literal 10/10.

For me Clive, it has to be Hail Caesar

MEIN

Also this, holy shit I enjoyed it way more than I thought at the time

nope

>the Adagio in G minor in the police department scene
>being so much of a pleb that this is a complaint

A Bride for Rip Van Winkle is the best film of 2016. Those three are dogshit.

It's objectively top 10

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

I think this is one of the best Jarmusch has done in a long time.

Plus it's a bit uncommon to see movies about poets nowadays.

It's his second best after Taxi Driver.

Arrival and la la land were both horrible even that niggershit was better.

Captain America: Civil War

>but lousy performances from everyone

Yeah, I was afraid of something like that. Just looking at the cast list it's not a lot of standouts and the ones who are haven't done any performance worth a damn in a while.

FUHER

>a plot that would fall apart if the characters weren't actually mentally retarded.

but its based on historic events that actually happened (kind of) like that

Youre responding the multiple device samfagging pasta autist who is a 4plebs pleb detective. He has shit taste in film. Silence was good but Garfield wasn't.

It's a heavily overused piece in films, but I don't even have problem with the choice of soundtrack, it's the choice of having any score at all in that scene was completely unnecessary imo.
The scene itself delivers all the impact needed and the score just takes the viewer away from the reality of the moment and ruins the immersion in that important moment.
Loved the score in all the other scenes.

flick
>La La Land
>Hidden Figures
movie
>Arrival
>Hacksaw Ridge
>Hail Caesar!
film
>Machester by the Sea
>The Lobster
>Toni Erdmann
>Hell or High Water
cinema
>A Man Called Ove
>Julieta
kino
>Moonlight
kînèmatögrafy
>Captain Fantastic

The Nice Guys

>Julieta
whew

Silence was superb.

>I can't beat it

definitely Manchester By the Sea

La la land > lion > hell or highwater >manchester by the sea > moonlight > arrival > fences

nominating hidden figur was just insulting to all those movies

This. I completely agree.

BvS or Sunset Song

Manchester > La La Land > Moonlight.

I thought La La Land was shit
Haven't seen Moonlight or Manchester yet

Subscribe to my fucking blog

Batman v Superman

B A S E D

youtu.be/Dc94N-vQhSw

I liked The Handmaiden, Lobster, Wilderpeople, Everybody Wants Some and the Wailing more than those three but overall 2016 was a great year for movies.

I loved musicals so I'm partial to La La Land but after letting it settle in I realized there's like one memorable song in that entire movie. Kinda weird.

it is tho

I didn't get moonlight. I think you have to be a faggot or black for it to resonate with you. Shot well, but not better than the others

La La Land was the typical hollywood self indulgence and wasn't as good as people made it out to be EXCEPT for the ending.

Manchester had top notch performances and a wide range of audiences can sympathize and empathize with the story. I thought it was the best of the three by far. Lion should have won tho.

This thread is embarassing.

It's a plebe filter to pick out brainlets like this guy

>hurr no tuff guy eyetalians
>dis no good

Patrician taste coming through, plebs get out of the way.

Manchester By The Sea is far better than both of them. By a country mile.