The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 3: New Mutants (Part 43)

It's new comic book day! But that doesn't mean we can't read some old ones, eh?

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:

It's no JEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, that's for sure.

>X-Men, Alpha Flight and Loki
This has always been pretty random to me

The Asgard wars that leads up to this series is like the best Mid 80s X-Men arc. the New Mutants shit was so good.

That's Claremont for ya!

Wasn't it a plot point in Astonishing X-Men's Danger arc that the Danger Room couldn't actually kill anyone?

Yeah but Weeden just ignored Claremont's shit

>And given the increasing anti-mutant paranoia
Was Claremont under the impression that Sasquatch was a mutant?
Because at this point in time, his origin was Gamma radiation, which was later revealed to actually be him being posessed by one of the Great Beasts.

Continuity is for suckers!

>All his secrets
Rogue knew he was gay long before anyone else. But unlike Teen Jean, she respected his privacy.

>You have no right to tamper with another's mind, regardless of the provocation!
>I on the other hand am entitled to do whatever the fuck I want. Like that time I made Scott forget about his brother, good times.

Good ol' Chuck Xavier.

GAZE INTO THE POUCH AND KNOW MADNESS
Huh, nothing happened, I just see a few white dots in a black background. Does that mean I get to be a shaman?

I like what Ewing did with these guys

We, the Over-Monitors, are above such nonsense, my fellow user.

>Half-brother
It's step-brother you dumb printing errors

Your LARPing has gone too far, Scott!

I'm sorry, that outfit looks silly on Xavier. I'm too used to him wearing suits.

I'm sure this would go over juuuust fine these days.

The Asgardian cosplaying is essential to any utopia

>Dwarfism is a disease, and in your case a terrible curse
Yeah, kind of fucked up.
Why did Puck need to be a normal-sized person cursed to be a midget? Why couldn't he just have been born a dwarf?

OH shit. This story and the stories it spawned was the high point of X-men, before I hit the eject button on Marvel. Probably the last time I didn't regret buying Marvel's mainstream.

Bonus: this story was the first time editorial allowed that secret about j-p beaubien that John Byrne wrote in but was never allowed to talk about.

Mental illness being cured by magic just like that would also be problematic nowadays

Reminder that Madelyne was actually EVIL all along

I don't know, but I agree that it's pretty dumb.

So she's responsible for their dumb cosplays

Rogue, you KNOW he's gay.
Does this qualify as sexual assault?

Rachel, your mother was Jean Grey. This woman is Madelyne Pryor. Of course it isn't you.
(Obviously Rachel doesn't know about the clone thing, since Claremont hadn't thought of it yet)

Probably.

So what'd you guys read today?

I fucking loved Snotgirl, and it's pretty funny it triggered so many folks.

I believe the idea was to reunite Claremont and Byrne, so X-Men + Byrne's Canadian team + magic villain.

Then Byrne didn't do it so it became a Claremont + Smith reunion instead.

I don't see anything wrong with a small person wishing he were taller. The whole idea that all differences are the same and everyone should be happy with their body is fucked up because it's about how people should be, not how they are.

I realize the irony in praising an X-Men/Alpha Flight superhero crossover for being true to life.

No no no, the problem is that they changed the reason for Puck's dwarfism.

Oh, OK. Sorry

np