How can any DC villain compete?

I REALLY can't take Doom seriously. He looks patethic, even his story with Doc.Strange by Mignola can't hide the fact of how much a manchild he is, I can never see him as an intimidating threat.

The owner of the Zinco corporation on BPRD and Hellboy was a better Doctor Doom than the Marvel one.

why is Butt-head savagely beating some guy's waifu?

Doom needs a throne to be intimidating.
Darkseid makes any upholstery intimidating.

How is Doom meant to work as a "villain" exactly when Doomfags keep trying to push him as a flawless leader that would do nothing wrong if he succeeded in conquering the world? Is their any special reasons they insist on glossing over his vanity, his callousness, megalomania, and other unique character flaws?

that is sort of the point of Doom.

He has all this knowledge and power. Yet he chooses to squander it in petty attacks on RICHARDS!.

It is like when Lex breaks out of jail and gains Superman's powers. Then loses them all and blames superman for keeping him from saving the world. Superman says Lex could have saved it at any time.

He's not a villain. That's the problem.

>How is Doom meant to work as a "villain" exactly when Doomfags keep trying to push him as a flawless leader
Doom is an antagonist lately in the sense his methods do not agree with the general populace but his intentions are ambiguous at best. When threats like the Celestials, Beyonder and Thanos arrive he throws himself into the fray to oppose them, but he will just as quickly seek to acquire the source of their power to reign supreme shortly after.
>Is their any special reasons they insist on glossing over his vanity, his callousness, megalomania, and other unique character flaws?
Because when he seizes said power as mentioned above he often perfects or saves the world as promised numerous times.

You might not like it, but that's what happens.

You are right, nobody in any of the big two can reach the level of faggotry doom has.
Probably nobody more convoluted and hamfisted in any comic for that matter

>Is their any special reasons they insist on glossing over his vanity, his callousness, megalomania, and other unique character flaws?

Edginess

So Doom is Sinestro?

Well, they aren't going to be written by Bendis, so that's one thing they have over him

The difference is that Luthor usually has, or pretend to believe, that he has better reasons to hate Superman and what he represent than Doom.

Also, he is a little better to keep composure, Doom is the type that would sperg and ragequit when losing a videogame.

I know that this is kind of the point, but it makes it REALLY hard to take him seriously in anything, even more when you can see that the writters want you to believe that he is anything other than a rich manchild.

My favorite interpretation of Doom is the one where he justifies his continued pissing match with Reed Richards as the final benchmark to prove his legitimacy as a ruler.

A big part of how Doom justifies his behavior is because of just how much better than everyone else he is. And, for the most part, he is right. The list of people on Earth that can match or exceed Doom is pretty small, and most of them have no ambition.

But Richards is, whatever Doom will admit to others, at least his equal in terms of intelligence. And, perhaps, even his better. Until he beats Richards and proves his supremacy, there is a better mind than his and he doesn't actually deserve to run the planet. But if he can prove to himself that he truly is better than Richards, then its the final confirmation that the Earth is his and he is the right man for the job.

In reality, the reasons are much more petty. But that's how Doom sees it.

I thinks it's the opposite. Every time Doom got powers (or most of times) he dismissed puny Richards and set out to bigger things. When Lex gets powers, being actual powers or social powers like presidency, he almost instantly fucks everything up by going after Supes and showing the world he's an asshole.

None of them are written by Bendis.

Doom is plenty intimidating but Darkseid is the correct response.

honestly the way things are going Bendis could be one of those "shit at Marvel, good at DC" guys

it would be the ultimate test of the rule though

>ITT:faggots who think Kirby/Lee Doom is the definitive version
You fucktards read a comic lately? Morons like
just prove no one on this fucking board reads comics and instead just shitposts about stuff he knows second hand and from adaptations. Like, most of you retards just see a couple of scans on a thread and think you know everything there is to know about a subject. As for your question, OP, they can't. Doom shits on all DC villains combined. Joker is the worst thing to ever come out of comics, Luthor is awesome but not up to par, and Darkseid constantly gets fucked over.

True, I'll never forget that arc where he's on Counter Earth and manages to gain control of its reality engine through Franklin Richard's Avatar, who by the way he promptly violently destroys once he does, and creates a planet wide Latveria.

It's a seeming utopia, but there are cracks at the seams here and there and the breaking point is when for some odd reason he not only fails to be able to revive his mother despite nigh-omnipotence but finds among his scientist team a Reed Richards who he quickly deflects blame upon as he strangles the confused doppelganger. Things only unravel further from there.

Now, later on that the Franklin avatar reveals it pretended to be destroyed and had been toying with Doom since but I still like to think some part of Doom's psyche was actually leaking over when he directly synchronized to the reality engine. See, normally when he acquires some power it is through machines or magic or a means he's suggested to be able to temper through will more than whim, whereas here it is simply bestowed onto his desires, and as such the sudden inexplicable presence of small flaws in his perfect world and that Richards was Doom's psyche refusing to acknowledge he himself could ever fail or fall short so he subconsciously created a scapegoat so he could fail without being responsible.

Also because his parting with Lancer was really sorrowful.

Somebody insulted your husbando?
You know he isn't real, right kid?

>fails to be able to revive his mother
I love Dixon's run, but that makes no sense. Doom has saved his mother's soul and moved on from that a long time ago. He knows she's in a better place and would not be trying to revive her (if anything, because he knows how dangerous his life is and how many enemies he has, and he really can't afford for her to be endangered, and also she would be a massive weakpoint he can't afford). It just makes no sense. It was a poor plot device to fuck up his Utopia, even though it was shown several times he is, in fact, capable of creating one. Hell, the man has the strongest willpower in the universe, he can deal with the stress.

>this entire response
You're obviously an autistic manchild, so what the hell can i say to insult you. Also, no, i'm just pissed about retards talking about stuff they don't know anything about. This is nearly on paid with ''Superman is a boring mary sue'' or ''Batman can beat anyone with prep''. Just fuck off.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yeah, the way you get mad about imaginary characters shows how much of an adult you are.
Do tell me, you get buthurt in the waifuthreads too?
Oh, we are in one. My bad.

Ok, this is pretty patethic.

Doomfags are like Doom.

>LelXD SUCH AN EPIC TROLL.
You gonna post a smug anime face next?

You do know that nobody is actually denying that he's very petty and evil and an asshole, and that his grudge against Reed is completely unjustified? But apparently acknowledging all of his good traits (badass, most willpower, actually cares for his people, truly wants world peace...) makes you a Doomfag. Doom is a guy trying to actually make change as opposed to just riding on status quo while casualties mount like the supposed ''heroes''.

Thanks for the laugh, faggot. This whole post is a masterpiece of shit.

As paradoxical as it might sound I fully agree, logically speaking it makes no sense, but if we assume it is equal parts the Franklin avatar's manipulations and equal parts Doom not checking to see if what appears to be his own whims actually being turned against him subtly it's an interesting psychological analysis. Perhaps Doom was even aware something was wrong but the avatar kept distracting him.

Plus I think in some ways it still goes to show the extent of Doom's will. For example he is stripped of his armor by the avatar and is seemingly powerless at first, but as he slowly begins to speak with and convince it his armor just begins to fade back into existence. Whether he's causing the avatar's will to rescind its influence or himself willing the armor back it's pretty impressive and ominous.

How can any DC villain Compete?

I like that perspective, and agree with you. Deep in his psyche, i'm sure he does want his mother back. Although i wish they'd focus on his father more, after all, it was his death that truly set Victor off.
Top taste, Sinister is CRIMINALLY underrated, he is easily top 10 when it comes to intellect, extremely powerful and cunning to the point that guys like Doom and Magneto consider him a peer, and overall a great villain with motivations and nature that fit in PERFECTLY with his main enemies.

The fact that he's a pathetic manchild and has so much power is exactly why he is so scary. Maybe you've lived a sheltered enough life never to come across men in charge with fragile egos that you can't fully appreciate the true terror of Doom.

WHY CANT JEAN AND SCOTT JUST FUCK

This. The Doomfag in me cringes at describing him as a ''pathetic manchild'', but as blunt as it is, it drives the point across.

On a side note, how do you think Doom deals with people talking shit about him online?

>arguably smartest man on Earth
>mastered science, magic and hand-to-hand combat, so he's also straight-up one of the most powerful being on Earth
>has an entire country, so massive resources, entire armies, and diplomatic immunity
>has ego the size of a universe and is EXTREMELY vain and petty, to the point that he never forgets what HE perceives to be a slight
>almost NO morals
Yea, totally not scary.

So he's a manchild just because he has flaws?
I know caped characters are normally annoyingly perfect, but being obsessed with a nemesis is something incredibly common in real life.

Because a manlet rodent and a flaming chicken keep getting in the way. Honestly, Sinister should just team up with Doom and fuck up Phoenix Force so hard it never comes back. Then lock weabub up, get them together, go crazy with some pheromones in the ventilation systems, and let the rest work itself out.

As someone who has consumed all of FF media, I can safely say: DOOM fucking sucks. He is the worst kind of writer's pet, he's the type of character where writers don't try to up each other in quality but rather in scale.

Like every other character in capeshit, then.

As someone who has consumed all of DOOM media, i can safely say: FF fucking sucks. A bunch of one-trick pony characters that work best as supports in another title/crossovers. They're holding Doom back immensely. With the technology and magic at his current disposal, and his showings against the rest of MU, he should be able to rape them, yet they're consistently trying to make it like they're a physical threat to him. Doom works best as a world villain going up against A-listers. He's the type of villain that's supposed to be stronger then MOST of the team, but the big guns fuck him up in direct fights (see: Sentry). But in FF, we've got
Reed, who is his equal or ever so SLIGHT superior in science, but considering Doom is also a master sorcerer, and magic shits on science, he's useless.
Sue, who needs Doom forgetting he has 90% of his tech and all of his magic to be able to be a threat to him.
Ben, who's supposed to somehow still be a physical threat to the dude that was physically matching him 30 armor upgrades ago and is currently strong enough to tango with The Hulk for a while.
And Johnny, who is trying to beat with fire the dude with armor that can withstand Surfer.

Doom has long outgrown them. Even his grudge against Reed took second place to his world saving goals.

Beautiful.

Howah can any DC Virrain compete?

Now I'm imagining what things would be like if Sinister ran the X-Schools.

Dont even get it but asian so lmao

Fucking love that he's just hiding in a bush, like waiting for them.

>Yea, totally not scary.

Yes, not scary, because it looks like a Deviantart OC.

I feel that if you listed off personality traits of any character they sound try and boring. People do it to trash Cyclops all the time. Not taking a stance on the Scary debate just saying maybe its a bad way to describe Doom.

Was there any difference between that Fu Manchu and the book version (besides changing his name), or did they just mix around a few slight cosmetic differences as if that makes him a totally new and unique character like they also did with Dracula?

>it looks like a Deviantart OC
>inspired by Death itself
>literally one of, if not THE most iconic villain look
>inspired fucking Darth Vader
It has less to do with Doom, and more to do with the fact that you have shit taste.