What are the references to Brazil in your culture?

What are the references to Brazil in your culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nFaLYyAtQgc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>references to Brazil
i don't understand that question

Like none but I wish I could be a Brazilian.

what is this thread about?

we shoot each other

Multiculturalism

Putaria.

I mean, if Brazil ever gets mentioned in your country like a movie, documentary, news or whatever

corruption

youtube.com/watch?v=nFaLYyAtQgc

just check up an international news page then
nyt.com
the guardian
financial times
washing post
el pais

I was more interested in obscure countries

Transsexuals

Movie: The boys from Brasil
News: A lot of people got robbed there, don't visit (news during worldcup and olympics).
Common history: Coffee. We both had smuggling stories about coffee.

>don't visit (news during worldcup and olympics)
just not true, we had good security during the events

Hot women

Gang wars in Favelas

Venture into the jungle and get eaten by natives

we were actually a dutch colony for a while lol

Carnaval, football, samba, the usual

Brazilian restaurants - Meat Rodízio
Btw don't open any more in Coimbra, there's enough competition even a big one near closed.

Even after slow down , we have franchise of fast food rodizio in commercial centres/ malls.

I'm just repeating what they said on the news. They probably got cheap hotels in cheap neighbourhoods as we always get that.
Almost everyone has some Dutch tradingpost history. Did we lose Brasil to the Portugese or was there low profit?

Violent, football, chill and lazy people, good weather, but most ppl in poland like brazil at least in my opinion

don't know

even now some northeasterns claim to WE WUZ DUTCH N SHIEEET

he was appointed as the governor of the Dutch possessions in Brazil in 1636 by the Dutch West India Company on recommendation of Frederick Henry. He landed at Recife, the port of Pernambuco and the chief stronghold of the Dutch, in January 1637. Immediately after his arrival he began a campaign against the Spanish-Portuguese forces, which he defeated in repeated encounters. Believing himself strong enough to hold his own he dispatched part of his forces to attack the Portuguese possessions on the coast of Africa, and continued to extend his conquests with the aid of the natives who were opposed to Spanish rule. But he received a serious check in the attack on São Salvador, being obliged to raise the siege with the loss of many of his best officers. On receiving re-enforcements in 1638, and with the co-operation of the Dutch fleet, which defeated the Spanish-Portuguese squadrons in sight of Bay of All Saints, he captured the latter city. When in 1640 Portugal recovered its independence from Spain under John II, 8th Duke of Bragança, the Prince of Nassau-Siegen, anticipating an alliance with the latter, and believing that a treaty of peace with Portugal would leave Holland in possession of the conquered territory, hastened his operations, and, to give occupation to the host of adventurers that had assembled under his colors, he despatched an expedition against the Spanish possessions on Plate River, while in 1643, Johan Maurits equipped the expedition of Hendrik Brouwer that attempted to establish an outpost in southern Chile.[2][3] Later he visited the conquered provinces and arranged their administration.

Football
Favela violence and the hard upbringings that occur there
The art movements back in the 50s and 60s like Tropicalia
Parties in Rio
Tall beautiful women that are probably transgender