Give me ONE good reason why Scotland shouldn't be considered Scandinavian

Give me ONE good reason why Scotland shouldn't be considered Scandinavian.

Other urls found in this thread:

ox.ac.uk/news/2015-03-19-who-do-you-think-you-really-are-genetic-map-british-isles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norn_language#Modern_use
youtube.com/watch?v=9_gTAmzDlOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're angl* mutts

give me one good reason why Estonia isn't considered scandinavian and nordic

Because its not scandinavian

scot here, i'd prefer to be skandi than angl* scum but unfortunately we only speak the angl* tongue

Because they are baltic country...

cause theyre british

Give me one good reason why Iceland is not Scandinavian?

It isn't?

only Denmark, Norway and Sweden are part of Scandinavia
Faroe Islands, Iceland, Norwegian colonial colonies, Finlan, Denmark, Norway and Sweden are part of the Nordic countries

No, but the language clearly is, so I've yet to hear a proper answer as to why Iceland is not considered Scandi.

Because Scandinavia is Sweden Norway and Denmark

Scandinavia is a geographical region. That's like asking why Hawaii isn't considered part of mainland US

Because its not mutually inteligeble with norwegian/swedish/danish

>denmark pleeeease like us
you are actually such a runt

oh look, it's perfidious albi*n trying to strike down brave SCOTS once again

the day we get independence is the day the br*tish empire dies and the north sea empire begins

Because it's a strictly geographical term denoting the peninsula?

>inteligeble

You probably mean intelligible, and written Icelandic is just as much understandable as spoken Danish.

denmark wouldnt be scandinavian then cause they arent a part of the scandinavian peninsula

ALL Protestants are NORDIC!!!!!

Well according to the most common definition I know, they're indeed not part of it (but still Nordic), limiting it to Norway, Sweden and the NW corner of Finland

Historically they are, though, because of Skåne.

Finland is also Baltic.

fuck no there is scandinavia which is used as a cultural/historical term where denmark dominates and then there's the geographically fennoscandia which denmark has no part in

cuz Scotland is Russia. it's obvious

How is Scotland in any way Scandinavian?

Other things bind us together.

Is this Thirty Years War 2.0?

Actually Denmark was formed from sand and other shit that washed down south from pre-historic Norway and Sweden.

but they don't have tigers

They're Celtic you moron, still not Scandi though

spotted the paddy

>Icelandic is just as much understandable as spoken Danish
Fuck off memer

Do Danes have a hard time understand Swedes?

No
The finn is a EU shill trying to divide us

But we do like them :3

what makes finland more nordic than estonia

They are cute! CUTE!
They should not be associated with the likes of swedes! SHOULD NOT!

English are more Scandinavian than the Scots

Scotts wear skirts.

Because Scotland is located at the British Isles and is does not share land with the Scandinavian Mountain Range, pretty simple

Sea.

THIS !

After the First World War the term "Baltic States" came to refer to countries by the Baltic sea that had gained independence from Russia in its aftermath. As such it included not only former Baltic governorates, but also Latgale, Lithuania and Finland.

Couldn't find the source, but as I remember, Finland was later not called a Baltic country because of the economic and societal differences.

too manly for nords average?

Estland är NORDISK!

why would it be?

Oh yeah. Just listen to all that gaellic spoken in Glasgow. No anglos in Scotland, no sir!

>pakis are better at english than pajeets

They look like Russians/Slavs

THEY HAVE THE WORST ACCENT EVER I DIE INSIDE WHENEVER I HEAR THEM TALK

Language doesn't equal ethnicity.

There is no "Celtic" ethnicity

Based on that definition there's no 'Anglo' ethnicity either.

Because they are not scandinavian?

This. English speakers should all speak the only real English: American English.

Why would they be? They never were scandinavian just like us and icelanders.

franco-scandi-irish coalition to dissolve the """united""" kingdom , liberate the scots and unite ireland WHEN?

No, but we can maybe allow the Netherlands to join, because they are mostly on par with us. Estonia too, because they are cute.

They aren't scandinavian.
They may have scandi blood, but the culture is different.
Same goes for american """""scandinavians"""""

I wouldn't mind Norway owning scottish clay though, scots are cool.

Scottish are by far and large a mix of Gaelic and Anglo-Saxon. They're British as fuck lad. The English have far more claim to Nordic ancestry, and they're basically French.

Yes because "Anglo" isn't an ethnicity, it's just an Sup Forums buzzword

Nordic countries are the best countries in the world by living standards and stability. Estonia is not yet on our level because of the Soviets

Scots are barely human

scandianvians are pretty good at english, but even we have trouble understanding the scots

Is it the scottish accent that has similarities between nordic languages? mainly talking about the spoken melody, or am I mixing it up with something

the scottish provinces of orkney and shetland isles would be the closest you'll get to a part of scotland that is Scandinavian

anybody who has a high enough iq to play EU4 knows this

so are we
baltic is a less made up identity for us than "nordic" (north germanic)

Does there exist any remnants of the norse settlers on the hebrides?

What is your definition of the word ethnicity?

Bacause they're anglos?

Tiny population, 100,000 at most.

Nothing wrong with that, the faroe islands only have around 50,000.

Ethnicity is like an ethnic group, you could say a common ancestry, language, society and so on. I think the main criteria, and it's a bit, "you know it when you see it", is when you can differentiate between outgroup and ingroup.
"Celtic" is not an ethnicity because the "Celtic" nations have very little in common bar a language family, and "Anglo" is not an ethnicity because it just means English-speaking or something like culturally British- or American-derived. But you can speak of the English ethnicity, Scots ethnicity, the Gaels and so on. It does get a bit more involved than that but those terms are still meaningful.

That is a lot for Scandi/Nordic standards

They've kinda been cut off from the rest of Great Britain so i reckon their roots haven't changed much.

But yes, the population is tiny.

Scotland as a whole has a population of 5.3 million.

In the Orkney islands, they have the most genetic connection with Norway.

ox.ac.uk/news/2015-03-19-who-do-you-think-you-really-are-genetic-map-british-isles

Do they still speak norweigan or some other form of old norse or have they been assimilated?

Are the Shetlands and the Orkneys considered part of the Hebrides? I thought that was on the west side.

It's been more or less assimilated by now, although there are attempts on the islands to revive it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norn_language#Modern_use

Scotland is relatively small and mostly inhabited by Scots. Norway, Denmark and Finland all have about 5,5 million people and Sweden has 9,9 million. Iceland has only 334k people. 100 thousand would be a lot

The Hebrides are over to the west of Scotland, the Orkney and Shetland islands are at the top stretching up into the North sea. I'm just going by that ongoing genetic study People of the British Isles project.

Yorkshire is more Nordic than Scotland

I don't really have a counterargument, you made a really good point. Thanks for the insight user.

Last time Scotland proved that it is not worthy to be even considered a country

They are Gaels.

Ireland should be dark blue.

Someone needs to teach the fucking retard who made this map the difference between
"nations" and "countries".

Who knows

We have literally nothing in common with the Catholic Lithuanians

>residue: the country

>Give me ONE good reason why Scotland shouldn't be considered Scandinavian.
Because... they are not in Scandinavia?

You would be welcome if it wasn't for that shameful trial with the nazi pug. Sorry, seeing that makes Scotland a legal shithole.

>As if Scots still speak Gaelic
>Underdtandablity of written X
written Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese in old orthography, together with some orthography for Arabic and Thai are all the same but that doesn't mean they are same

There are Scots who speak Gaelic out in the Hebrides, a few older people in the west as well. It's not common but it isn't unheard of either.

No but nobody can understand d*nish. I don't think the d*nes can, they're just pretending.

youtube.com/watch?v=9_gTAmzDlOc

I look forward to the day they no longer exist. I hate d*nes so much. We should have destroyed them instead of exile them to the hot, flat, sandy, hellish wasteland of the south.

Why would anyone want to be Scandinavian?

Finland is just Sweden's Tasmania.

Because fuck off you fat cunt.

Geography, language, culture, history, demographics, not being one of the 3 kingdoms that are the literal definition of Scandinavia, their a part of UK.

When Estonia was taken by the soviets, the historical swedish speaking population left. The fennoswedes are one of the reasons Finland is considered Nordic. (not the only reason) Also, the amount of russians is too fucking high.