Warhammer 40,000: The Series

How would you make a live action 40k tv series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZsDMOVkCWKc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck off /tg/. you'll ask for it but when you get it you'll be butthurt because it won't be perfect.

Definitely center it around a new recruit to the inquisition, his interactions with xenos, internal battle against chaos and him losing faith in the emperor

And in the finale, space marines kill him while clearing the planet for exterminatus

I liked the beginning to that Horus Heresy novel about the assassins, where two guys were trying to solve some random murders on a backwater agricultural planet. Perhaps something like that, with some inquisition shenanigans and stuff thrown in.

I wouldn't
The source material is super shit

>using shitty stub/auto weapons when your typical mass produced shitter lasgun/laspistol it vastly superior in almost every imaginable aspect

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

too much CGI needed and too niche
too "problematic", "sexist" and "racist" to be accurately portrayed

it'll never be done right

>"oy vey look goy let us just make one of these so called "Space Marines" female, it's not that big of a shift in the lore shalom gevalt."

That tech priest looks weird.

I would make the ending a tragedy
And maybe the setting is a new ((diverse)) colony, but it all slowly falls to chaos throughout the show

Mostly human stories and not overboard on 40k imagery so a normal budget could accommodate it, but there could easily be chaos, eldar/tau, imperial hierarchy, and one wild card xenos

Would have to be centered around an Inquisitor or a Rogue Trader. Serenity was done, so something along these lines is possible, but it'd be hard to play up the grimdark right - super serious might just come off as tryhard and edgy, playing it for laughs would irritate me personally (everything is ironic, nothing is sincere. No grimdark and there'd be no point to making it a 40k series instead of an original SF series.

As long as there's no cliché drama, constant fighting, footage of the 20 hour Space Marine training, orks being orks, and also WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, then I'm sold.

PG 13
G

they wouldn't have to since females have their own sect in the Imperium.

Gaunt's Ghosts or Eisenhorn.

I like the idea of something that takes place on outskirts or backwater colony in strategic place for the Imperium so they get interesting people constantly coming through.

Holy mother fucking shit where can I get that?

For the love of the Emperor I must have it!!

A show about a Knight household would be cool.

This but make sure they dont ruin it which they most certainly would.

Probably focused on an Imperial Guardsmen from a backwater world whom are unfamiliar with the greater workings of the Imperium but similar enough to ourselves that we can relate to them. After a short campaign where exterminatus falls and everybody but him dies, he is inducted into an Inquisitor's retinue.

Seasons are short with each one focusing on a particular investigation until it culminates in either the guardsmen becoming an Inquisitor himself or he dies a matyr.

just redo Sharpe but add laser effects and shit.

Lmao.

There is absolutely no chance that if a 40k movie came out it wouldn't be centered around a Space Marine doing John Wick-tier ass kicking.

you have to make it

Fury Road styled Gorka Morka dark comedy

The time span of the lore is so huge, you could explore with several stories happening at different eras and having them impact/reflect each other.

Kinda like The Son or Invisible Republic but over thousands of years.

It would be a mess that nobody would ever want to produce and too few viewer to warrant any huge financing.

We're talking tv show here

COMMISSAR HOLT

Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM

Ah, yeah it'd just be a shitty police procedural thatd get canceled in a season like Almost Human

There is no way to bring an authentic Ciaphas experience onto the screen, until we have smell-O-vision for Jurgen.

>you'll ask for it but when you get it you'll be butthurt because it won't be perfect.

God fucking damn, this is too accurate.

Episodic rome style series following the first war for armageddon.

It's quite simple enough user that I can easily explain it to you, I wouldn't.

10+ season tv drama centered on Horus Heresy
with first season about Horus and his rise until he gets turned by the end
2nd season about Lorgar and the plans leading to Istvan V
3rd season about loyalist shit drama and reactions to Istvan
and then you can keep adding random battles and drama and betrayal for who knows how many seasons as the book series will probably never end as they keep pumping one shit book out one after another as the war goes nowhere and cash just keeps coming in so why stop and advance the plot

George Clooney right now is the perfect age to play an older Ciaphas Cain in the opening years of the 42nd millennium.

Take a Dark Heresy campaign and make it into a NETFLIX ORIGINAL SERIES

A bunch of fat autists playing table top games

Any series about the Primarchs would suck, as their stories are basically Shakespearian tragedies mixed with greek mythology; super powerful but deeply flawed beings falling inevitably into conflict with each other. There's a reason why the best known Warhammer works are things like Gotrek and felix, Ciaphas Cain and Gaunts Ghosts, they are more relatable.

who'd be a convincing psycho bitch to pull off sisters

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

never coming out desu

It'll be a strong independent queer woman who rebels against the bigoted white supremacist Imperium and fights for the superior progressivism of the Tau, and gets BLUED.

Daddario

Night Lords trilogy adaptation

easy you dont

Film can't accommodate all that edge

Charlize Theron was born for this sort of thing.

She would be the usual "female Imperial Governor who looks 40 but is actually 200"

Real real real small scale slice of life, day in the Imperium type shit at all different levels of human existence, hive city scum and forge world factory workers, peasants on backwaters worlds who don't even know about the Emperor besides fairy tales, that sort of shit
I think Dredd nailed that style. Saving the universe every week gets fucking boring, have that going on in the background if needs be but I'm more interested in the day-to-day

It's no less edgy than anything else in the 40k universe.

With all its mistakes I realy liked Titus's story. Tood bad we won't get spacemarines 2..

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsDMOVkCWKc

>that based mark strong VA

god its so fuckin good, im not crazy about this game but it was very enjoyable (up until the last few acts and the terrible final boss)

Bad.

live action doesn't really suit the series well due to 40k aesthetics looking retarded with real humans, so i'd want to avoid the marines and focus on an inquisitor, run it like a detective series, with a tone similar to the first season of true detective but with actual demons involved. lots of it would be shot in european towns with gothic architecture, narrow streets and dark alleyways.

but here's what i'd rather do. 5 seasons of animated series, the first four are about marines from 4 chapters and their seasonal arcs against a medium sized big bad, could be a heretic or xeno depending on the chapter. i'd like to have salamanders in there because of pyro aesthetics, and maybe some white claws for nomadic flavor. all these seasons end with these guys either presumed dead or injured or otherwise benched. the fifth season is all four drafted into a deathwatch squad, fighting against an even bigger bad. i'd maybe throw in little hints every season to connect the seasonal baddies to the main man.

>Rogue Trader
This. It's the only way a 40k series would realistically work as something appealing to a general audience while remaining reasonably faithful to canon.

You can show off the grimdark setting as a sort of backdrop to the series, but the protagonists are so far above it all that you can have fun stuff like fugging the Eldar pirate princess and forcing planetary governors to sign trade contracts under threat of orbital bombardment.

A comedy about a space marine that is left behind amongst slaneeshi chaos space marines and has to pretend he's one of them to survive.

>slaaneshi

Khorne, I mean.

Would be based only if it was anti-sjw and made fun of faggot stuff like star war, star trek etc..

>that feel when no in depth ork drama

You know it wouldn't turn out that way. The protagonist would inevitably fall in love with a cute Eldar or Tau and there'd be this whole implied theme that the Imperium's persecution of aliens is like modern day racism. There'd be at least one major character who didn't believe in the Emperor, and he'd be like the wise mentor or something.

>Implying it isn't about a strong independant woman hiding her gender and join the Astarte, get discovered but manage to fight better than every single SM, including the Chapter Master himself

Yeah that would happen. Sadly

A true 40k multimedia experience would not be possible, true 40k is the antithesis of normie/sjw/leftist scifi

Someone needs to meme Trump into buying GW and personally financing a faithful 40k movie as a sort of propaganda piece for his worldview.

Hire the animation team that did Metalocalypse to do an Office Space style show following a bunch of normies on a Chaos-occupied planet.

You realize that Cain is based on Flashman Papers by George MacDonald Fraser as much as it is on the Blackadder, right? And that Royal Flash starring Malcolm Mcdowell exists?