The worst nazi caricatures

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1uKtUlPmhqw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do you think he got that star wars gig because of his work on ex machina with oscar isaac?

no, he probably got it because he's a good actor

Can someone explain to me what the First Order "was" and how they fit into galactic politics?

Living in your head rent free

literally no fucking idea

nothing about episode 7 makes sense in the context of the events of episodes 4 - 6

I think they were a remnant of the Empire with a small region of control. They made peace with the New Republic who now owned most of the galaxy.

The Resistance couldn't stand even their minor existence and were essentially terrorists trying to destroy them completely.

>Yet were able to construct a new death star without the new republic knowing

Then where did his acting go? His performance was embarrassing. Even TFA fanboys won't talk about it. Ever heard someone saying, oh Glessam was so good in TFA? Nope. He went full retard

The New Republic knew and didn't give a shit, apparently.

you're assuming that the screenwriters put as much thought into the story as you did

They were the underdog... but somehow more powerful than the entire empire at the height of its power...and umm despite being brainwashed from birth Flynn turned traitor and jumped from coward to hero in mere minutes... and ummm the rebels still exist except their not rebels anymore somehow and ummm... some random evil Sith appeared out of nowhere and rustled up the Death Star MK3 out of nowhere and blew up not-Coruscant with no emotional value and ummm yeah let's not even talk about Mary Sue haha

It's basically Nazi Germany, but if they were somehow taken down by resistance (lol) groups before ever declaring war.

>Extremely powerful and imperialistic Empire
>Loses the First World (Galactic) War
>The Kaiser (Emperor) is removed
>A highly punitive treaty is signed
>Demilitarization is a key point
>A supreme dictator comes to power a few years later
>Remilitarizes and the surrounding countries (New Republic) fail to take action

>a veteran ex-laborer aspiring painter who went to jail numerous times for political reasons is comparable to a billionaire silver spoon draft dodger reality show star because of the nationalist rhetoric used by the latter

They have practically nothing in common.

Wow THIS is podracing

that actually makes complete sense. still leaves a lot of things unexplained, but i guess it at least gives an idea of what the writers were going for.

This is not a caricature. If you think it is, you don't know shit about Nazis

Except the whole part where they were put into power by an (((important world player))).

>Still believing the 'literally Hitler' meme.

are you saying the jews/masons/illuminati got Hitler elected? Because that's just retarded

An empire rump state?
The whole movie was pretty garbage, the First Order was this tiny enclave yet somehow became stronger than the entire republic?
They just wanted to cash in on nostalgia and shove in the rebel storyline.

The speech and salute were pretty subtle. Too subtle, perhaps. Maybe they should have also given him a square mustache and everyone red armbands.

The New Republic was probably overextended as fuck. They took a major amount of the galaxy and now have to redo everything. There was probably so much corruption, crime, and terrorism, most of their soldiers were stationed on planets to keep the peace.

It does not. It's all just a giant mess
>separatist discontent for getting raw end of the stick
>separate
>good guys galactic senate rushes to stop the uprising of discontent separatists
>purges a bunch of religious fanatics and traitors
>suddenly bad guys despite not changing their approach except for stricter measures
>suddenly separatists are a good guys
>creates resistance together with a bunch of their ex enemies
>blows up shiv and his lapdog
>take control of the galaxy
>reasons for the separatists chimp outs are never addressed
>power now in the hands of the same people who ruled the Corruscant before
>somehow separatists rimworlds are okay with it, despite them still being cashcows for the galactic center
>meanwhile the rest of the Imperials built planet spanning cannon for the money that their commander had under the pillow, and because that is something you can easily keep secret

Mess all around. The more they messed around with politics, more gray all of the sides looked like.

Powerful.

>TFA fanboys
Don't exist. Like at all. People like to defend it because it isn't Lucas and features muh strong Womyn.

What are they even rebelling against?
This'd be like if Equerorial Guinea somehow became a superpower and popped a nuke over Chicago, then some rebels from America go to Guinea to 'rebel'.
It's just retarded.

>more gray all of the sides looked like.

That was the point. People seemed to miss it with RO, but they deliberately portrayed Forrest Whitaker's character as this crazed extremist. The Mexican guy Jyn was with also had the same characteristics (he was willing to hurt innocent people for the cause).

You're the one who's "just retarded." Or maybe a Zionist shill.

They're just a new empire. If the new republic was the galactic power and the first order the rebellion, or if the two sides were about the same size, people might get confused on who they're supposed to root for.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was one fucking line of dialogue to establish this?

If they could have taken a twenty-second break from masturbating their nostalgia nozzle, there would have been time for that one cursory (but totally necessary) bit of exposition.

Without that, we're all left to stand around scratching our heads wondering what the fuck is going on.

I guess that makes more sense.
If they really are Nazi Germany, then maybe it's like Weimar just before it collapsed, with the Nazis effectively controlling large swaths of the country, even if they weren't in power.

Except fot the fact that that Imperial Germany wasn't a "Extremely powerful Empire". They were just a big player among many others. The British/French were super powerful, Germany was just an upstart/latecomer.

The Allies like to make Germany (WW1 and WW2) more powerful than they actually were, so their victories sound more heroic.

>that post
>HITLER REALLY LOVED HIS PEOPLE YOU KNOW

someone's forgetting all those V2 tests on German populations in Pomerania during the late war

and, I don't know, the Holocaust?

People defend it because, even though it was garbage, at least it wasn't prequel level garbage.

My main problem with this is that the plot tries to pretend that the Galactic Empire just materialized out of nowhere. All of the people who were in the clone wars ended up in the command structures of the Empire, because they were already in the structures of the Republic.
Just because Jedi got (rightfully) purged, doesn't mean all of the good guys suddenly changed sides. Tarkin was decorated Republic hero. So the supposed resistance is fighting guys who were heroes before, yet Disney stumbles to paint it as black and white issue.

I thought it was supposed to draw parallels between FDR and Hitler.

I think it might be in the book they released, I don't know.

But even mentioning the broader story invites the audience to start questioning shit. If they do that, then people are going to realize The Resistance are literally terrorists.

The what?

Indulge me

His speech gave me a hard on

Empire have always been the good guys

Episode 7 was/is/will remain the worst Star Wars movie in existence. Even the Prequels are masterpieces compared to this shallow cash grab.

I don't get this. The people who push this are asinine. meanwhile you have Macron who declares that he wants to rule as a god Jupiter, locks himself in the imperial palace and refuses to speak with press because his mind processes are too complex for press to understand.

it was drumpf's america

Weltpolitik saw Germany become outwardly more aggressive and militant. They might not have been as big as Britain, but they were definitely getting there. It's fair to say they were significantly powerful.

Also, in terms of Star Wars, the OT was more of a British Empire. They had heaps of colonial territories and their officers all had British accents. From TFA onward they retrofit it into Nazism.

I don't think that Trump is Hitler part 2... however, I'd say that it's a bit more than the nationalism. It's also the emotionally heated right-wing populism, the hybrid leftist-rightist economic concepts, the calls for a return to national greatness, the support for big government snooping and intrusion (NSA spying on Americans, drug war), the calls to expand military spending, the ass-kissing of police and military, and so on.

the empire did nothing wrong

The Resistance are essentially breaking the treaty that was signed anyway. They're not respecting the peace and are looking to incite war. They're morally ambiguous at best and terrorists at worst.

>Disney stumbles to paint it as black and white issue

I think they're trying to do a 'morally grey' thing, but aren't pulling it off.

>Disney stumbles to paint it as black and white issue.
I heard several times the people who are making the Disney movies that the original trilogy had a very clear good versus evil, the bad guy and the good guy being obvious. These people are shallow and didn't even understand the purpose of the movie. It wasn't about good guy killing evil bad guy in black, it was fighting the evil within himself. The Disney people and their Mary Sue are going for a childish remake where Mary Sue can do no wrong, why even bother watching

Well it works because he's fake, written and directed by the people who brought you the news so he pretty much is a fictional character.

While true, still doesn't change the fact that Germany paled in power compared to the Entante/Allies in both Wars and was never as big of a threat as it was later made out to be.

Gangraping a weaker opponent just doesn't sound so heroic, does it?

I always thought that that was the reason the Disney scrapped the whole Extended Universe, because the more indepth you go, the more it is obvious that there are no good guys in the war scenarios. Luke spent his whole life on the battlefield, and as he himself pointed out, he is a Jedi suitable for this Age, where lines are blurred.
I though Disney will want to go more black and white route, but so far they failed horribly.

I think that because they never retconned the Clone Wars series, there is no way to paint rebels as the 'good guys'

To be fair, though, the idea of Vader being redeemed is retarded. The guy is directly responsible for probably thousands of deaths and indirectly responsible for millions of deaths by being the right-hand man of the emperor who built the death star. The idea that we should forgive this man because he turned on the emperor to save his own son is absurd. It's like if Himmler had killed Hitler, or Yezhov had killed Stalin, in order to save their own relatives. Would they deserve to have their images rehabilitated for such an act? No.

What was the First Order's tax policy?

Over-tax the middle and lower classes, expect virtually no tax from the high class so that they get even richer.

We're never given any reason to believe that the "resistance" used any terrorist tactics, though.

Vader was redeemed by his sacrifice. If he had survived and was staying around after making up his mind would be awkward, but he gave his life to save Luke and the galaxy. Besides he was just the emperor's pawn and he truly believed in his idealistic crusade to bring order to the galaxy.

Am I alone or does anyone else think that Disney may have not paid as much thought to the plot as the should have? I mean they're fucking Disney. They have unlimited resources at their disposal... in theory at least.

According to Bob Iger, DIsney CEO and member of the tribe, DIsney pays too much taxes and it needs to be fixed. That company makes billions $ of profit with capeshit and Star Wars but they still want to pay less taxes, that's why they make their movies in UK instead of US

Kathleen Kennedy is head of Lucasfilm. Look no further if you're wondering how they fucked up like this. She hired her pet JJ Abrams to do a quick hackjob. The guy is dumber than a stick.

it is a remnant of imperial forces that managed to blow apart the entire new republic in order to hide the fact that the writers are hacks that cannot figure out how to continue the saga after episode 6 and are afraid of commerical failure and just reboot so we will get more of the same.

>blowing up a major space station
>attempted murder of TFO's second-in-command

They were terrorists

>WE ARE GOING TO KILL EVERY JEW IN THE GALAXY!!!
>Captain what it's a jew?

>Space weapon that's used to destroy an entire solar system of habitable planets in one go

This seems highly wasteful and an obscenely over the top moral event horizon moment. What's next, is Snook going to use some sort of Force Pulse Bomb to make it so nobody in the universe can ever feel love again?

It also seems pointless. War is almost always about taking land and resources. Blowing them up doesn't serve any fucking purpose.

The Empire having the Death Star made some sense because they were in control.

They did all this after the first order had already attacked them, though.

Rekt

I saw a gnarly vid on Youtube about Kennedy and how she's fucking everything up with the franchise. It seems like '7' was initially well received but as time is progressing is finally getting some criticism. I can remember being underwhelmed by '7' while intellectually trying to make allowance for my high expectations. I don't want to run through and rehash everything that was wrong with '7' because we've already heard it all, but the more time goes by the more I think it's all kind of unacceptable though. The film hasn't aged well in only a year and a half.

That is only relevant if you believe that Vader needed to be redeemed. Sure he helped to purge the Jedi order, but the Jedi order was a religious organization sitting at the top of the power in the galaxy, and under their oversight, all of the rim worlds have risen up for the insurgency. Doesn't sound like they were very good at their job.
Not to mention that out of all of the Jedi clowns, Vader was the only one who treated them as autonomous living being with personalities. He was very harsh later, but always just, and his men respected him.
he did save his son, but as a servant of the galactic empire/republic he was efficient enforcer and executive. i don't see why he should be redeemed for that.

What's Snoke motivations? Sidious wanted to rule over the galaxy, not destroy every living creature. Even the most savage barbarians try to keep the enemy resources intact, because what's the point of ruling over empty space.
Is JJ Abrams a retard?

You can't fix a shitty script. This guy knew his element and went full ham.

He participated in the collective punishment of an entire planet, killing billions of civilians.
He killed civilians on other occasions.
He used torture.

>Be Empire
>Build Death Star as the ultimate deterrent to conflict
>Rebels call you bluff, say it's probably just a space telescope or something
>Blow up their figurehead planet
>Rebels continue to scoff, claim the Death Star probably takes 10 years to recharge or something

Rebels were clearly the bad guys, they could just ditch a planet to it's fate and continue to run and hide. Fucking cowards.

I wanted to give the movie the benefit of a doubt, not to nitpick too much into it, but the Rogue One cemented in me that the rebels are insufferable cocksuckers, and I wished they would be caught and executed. Not very good bonding with characters, I'll say.

And then there is a problem with progressivism in the movies or entertainment in general - every single one female characters is exactly the same. It is surreal. They had this ideal of what progressive character should be, but because of it there is zero character development, every time.
I dare anyone to name me a difference between Rei and the chick from the Rogue one.

so many jew holocaust movies coming out i guess they feel the brainwashing is wearing off

rogue one lady has cute lips

Nobody knew where the omega death planet beam machine was located because reasons.
Then they initiate fire on multiple targets for no discernible reason?? Really makes you think.

>He participated in the collective punishment of an entire planet
That was Tarkin's decision, and I believe that in the canon book was mentioned that Vader disapproved of the measure, noting it as wasteful. People are forgetting that Vader was put under Tarkin's command

>He killed civilians on other occasions.
As did rebels in Rogue One

>He used torture.
As was republic practice too. Once again people forget that Republic had interrogators and death penalty before shiv took the reins.

> That was Tarkin's decision,
Vader could have stopped Tarkin.
>As did rebels in Rogue One
True
>As was republic practice too. Once again people forget that Republic had interrogators and death penalty before shiv took the reins.
Non-canon.

It's just that when it comes to humanoid antagonists, Nazis and Zombies are the easiest by far, especially in terms of how brutally the protagonist can dispose of them without the audience losing sympathy.

And right now Zombies are out of style so they're stuck making Nazi Games/Films for the time being.

Though, with the way movies/games have gone lately it seems conservatives are being added to the list of 'Okay to butcher' targets, so at least we'll get some variety.

You hit the nail on the head. I suppose I can forgive the lack of character development in Rogue One due to it being a "stand alone" but Rey is going to be a big deal for the next several years. I'll give Rogue One a single piece of credit. I felt like it captured the look and feel of Star Wars way more than '7' did. The cinematography, the music, and perhaps a familiar plot all came together to make think, "Okay, this is Star Wars while '7' was the setup for a Disney theme park."
youtu.be/1uKtUlPmhqw
Go to 1:30. The look on Tarkin's face along the musical accompaniment.

>Nobody knew where the omega death planet beam machine was located because reasons.

Come on dude - it is easy as fuck to hide transport of five kilometers wide optic lenses.

THE DRAFT SCOOPS

>Non-canon.
Clone Wars series. Disney kept it as a canon. Which I believe was a huge mistake because these series gives plenty of reason why Jedi deserved it and why there is no 'good' side.

>Vader could have stopped Tarkin.
He couldn't, since he was under his direct command. Shivs orders. Shiv liked Tarkin more than he liked Vader. They were much more ideologically aligned. Not to mention that they needed the example as a threat to other dissidents.

you guys understand that by posting that it implies that Trump is nothing like a nazi at all, right?

Thats what i loved about the clone wars. It wasnt black and white. Both sides were as fucked up. Especially with the unfair persecution of Ahsoka because of muh Tarkin

>Clone Wars series. Disney kept it as a canon.
Ah. Weak my knowledge of the canon is.

I just wish they wouldn't have made the CIS and its commanders so cartoonishly evIL and incompetent. I understand that it was probably to make it more family friendly, but it was kind of lazy.

Look forward to Star Wars paying homage / tribute to Ex Machina

>persecution of Ahsoka
Yeah that was some serious witch hunt that trial against her. Really showed just how bad the Jedi council was.
Another one was the 'Massacre at Umbara' episode with that four armed rogue Jedi general, especially if you realize that he treated the clones in the same way the rest of the jedi except Skywalker did. The beloved Quinlan Voss also refused to call them by their names and called them by their numbers.

>the rebels still exist except their not rebels anymore somehow and ummm
This. Did they simply win and keep victimizing themselves ?

Just some meme in Israel, don't worry about it

Definitely the best arc of the show. Space Vietnam.

Pretty much. Them being labeled the 'Rebels' means that there is currently another governing body in power.
Although rich college kiddie Che Guevarra also claimed he is a revolutionary when he was in the power, so there is that.

I prefer Bob Geldof's version of In the Flesh over the original