ITT:post ghost towns from your country

ITT:post ghost towns from your country

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lI7oh-NtiYs
paesifantasma.it/Paesi/italia.html
m.pikabu.ru/story/sela_chzo_4094735
independent.co.uk/news/science/naples-supervolcano-campi-flegrei-eruption-dangers-risk-caldera-italy-hot-zone-magma-pozzuoli-a7959046.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why are podcasts n shit doing episodes about that all of a sudden the past few years

Fukusima today

Most of our ghost towns are old mining towns. However, we have a few more modern ones (which are also mining towns, kek):
youtube.com/watch?v=lI7oh-NtiYs

Pic and video related. The town is now actually owned by one guy who bought all the land after it was abandoned, and he still maintains it.

>In 2004, the ghost town was bought by Indian-American businessman Krishnan Suthanthiran for $5.7 million; he has spent $2 million maintaining the town. In the end, he would have spent over $20 million more to fully update the town. He has also since closed the town to the public.

>Every eastern european ghost town is a commie block

Don't be a deck.

Thats pretty crazy. I've heard theres a lot of abandoned military bases on Haida Gwaii, and plenty of abandoned mining towns along the cassiar highways. never been to either of those areas though, so i cant confirm.

Is that the place with the underground coal mine that's been on fire forever?

Saltpeter Offices of Humberstone and Santa Laura.

I got a few

You mean the one that Silent Hill is based on?

Yes.

Gatico Cemetery. A city of souls, literally.

Some old theme park.

Other "ghost town" in this country is a purpose build training facility for the army.

What happened?

This one is pretty cool and touristic. It used to be a mining town and it was huge in the 1920s. Now nobody lives there

they died, user

>Welcome to goodsprings!

cool how the buildings are facing a street that doesn't exist anymore

Artificial lake, submerged village, only the bell tower is visible

Abandoned for 250 years after an earthquake

Also abandoned after an earthquake

Abandoned after a landslide

Abandoned after floods, too dangerous

Abandoned after many landslides over 100 years ago
An old guy still living there

How old is this pic? Where are all the dicks?

Abandoned because the mountain is slowly collapsing
A bridge built in a modern era allows you to reach it, it has become a famous tourist attraction

Are you allowed to buy a house there?

Destroyed over 700 years ago during a war it is now a garden

There was some theme park and now looks like Pripjat

I don't think so

>I don't think so
That's a shame.

Looks like DayZ.

Story?

Another victim of earthquakes

Those places are dangerous, landslides etc.

>Those places are dangerous, landslides etc.
Your occupied cities are next to active volcano's or get earthquakes. But villages that experienced an earthquake centuries ago are off-limits?

In 1901 was built as a city for the German army: military barracks, stables, garages. In 1945 the town was occupied by Soviet troops. Since then disappeared from the maps. After the collapse of the Soviet Union all residents left Pstrąże.

You can see some or ghost town here
paesifantasma.it/Paesi/italia.html

Because everything is at risk of collapses

>Because everything is at risk of collapses
Yeah, but you've build big cities on an active volcano. How is that less dangerous than a town that has been hit by an earthquake a century ago and is still standing?

That makes sense.
Thanks, user

If you are talking about Naples well the last eruption was 2000 years ago and there's no risk now

not always

m.pikabu.ru/story/sela_chzo_4094735

>TFW applying to internships in Detroit metro area suburbs

independent.co.uk/news/science/naples-supervolcano-campi-flegrei-eruption-dangers-risk-caldera-italy-hot-zone-magma-pozzuoli-a7959046.html

awesome stuff, thank you

>the one that Silent Hill is based on?
The good ones weren't based on Centralia

Could a burger tell me something?
These run-down houses can't cost more than like a 1000$. Why don't people buy them? I get it that there are niggers around but that problem can be solved by bringing some a s s a u l t s t o c k w e a p o n s

we do. that's gentrification.

unfortunately a lot of these places are so far gone that the only property value is in the land...... which isn't a good thing